Lawn Aid 1 0.92%
Arbor Gold 0 0%
Lawn Pro 12 11.01%
Other 24 22.02%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-15-2013, 11:52 AM
LawnSite Member

Hello Adkad,

Thanks for the reply. I'm very much looking forward to the update. If you need some real-world testing on the new software during the development period I would be happy contribute. (You have my email address from yesterday's email, or you can contact me through this forum.)

Please, please, please make updating the scheduling aspect of your software a priority!! It is by far my biggest complaint.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:42 PM
LawnSite Member

To the guys @ adkad. Can you tell me what this update will include? I have been using Groundskeeper for about 3 years but for the past 6-8 months have been strongly considering a move to something like jobber along with QuickBooks. I did respond to a survey from adkad a while back, in which I addressed some of my issues. I do like the invoicing, as was mentioned by someone else, but most everything else including scheduling, estimating, accounting, etc. is not at all easy to use even after years of practice.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:01 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a couple questions for the people at Jobber and I figured I would ask it here so maybe others can get some benefit.

1. Is there some place I can see the cost of all of the add-ons itemized? I see that some things cost extra but I was unclear about how much. On your pricing & Sign-up page, I thought I would be able to click on "Add-ons" and see what they were and what the price would be. Instead it just forces you to scroll down and sign up.

2. I see the price is $29 per month. One thing I liked about my current system is that I pay once up front and then I own the package. The last thing anyone wants is to start using a product and have that price continue to creep upwards once you are committed. I understand I can cancel anytime but learning a new system and getting set up with someone else is expensive too, and something we all want to avoid. Are there any assurances you can give about this price?

3. With the addition of the expenses add-on is there anything else we are really missing to keep this from being our only needed accounting software? I don't like Quickbooks and I want something that will provide all of the numbers I need to neatly pass to my accountant. What are we missing, and are those add-ons in the works?

4. With regards to invoicing, how long would one typically expect to spend at the end of each month preparing invoices? Is it a couple clicks and you are good to go? Are the invoices laid out in a way that allows windowed envelopes to be use or am I going to have to deal with address labels etc.? Once payments start coming in how easy is it to enter those payments in the system, and do they show up on the following month as paid on the date you entered them? Basically, is there some place I can see (video) how the billing system works?

5. With regard to scheduling, I service my accounts 28 times per year. When a new customer signs up I immediately schedule those 28 visits. How long would you expect it to take me to get all 28 of those visits on my calendar? Is it easy to look back and see how many times the service has been performed? Anything else you can add with regards to scheduling would be greatly appreciated. Honestly, this is the biggest reason I'm looking to change systems. I'm not sure I can live with what I've got for another 7-9 months, especially if I have to pay more for the update once the fix is available.

I'm very interested, and I know others are too. Can you sell us on it a little bit more?? Spring is coming and I won't have time to make this change then...

THANKS! It looks like a very professional product and love that it is all in the cloud.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

My software rankings are the same as when I started this thread. However, I am still not ready to pull the trigger on service auto pilot, I need some more reviews about it and more votes.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-19-2013, 01:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

SAP has a lot involved and has taken me quite awhile to understand and get running. They aren't cheap but the best out there right now. If you plan on growing a lot or have several crews its a huge help. I love it.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:43 PM
Sponsor

Hi nozzy,

Thanks for the in depth questions. I'll do my best to address them all but feel free to reach out again if I overlook anything.

1. We are currently looking at revamping our website a bit and are aware that we don't do a great job of communicating the add-on pricing. We are committed to not charging more than $5 per add-on. This is basically in place as a cost recovery measure as some of these functions were very costly to develop and maintain but we want to make sure to keep the price low for those that do not utilize them. Here is the pricing of the current features:
Timesheets: $5
ePayments: $5
Chemical Tracking: $3
Website Forms: free beta
Quickbooks desktop sync: free
Quickbooks online sync: free
Expenses: free

2. Good question! We have NO plans to increase our pricing in the foreseeable future. Part of this is due to the concept of the add-ons as detailed above. In the event that we do slightly increase base pricing down the road, it is likely that existing customers would be grandfathered in. One of the things we are very proud of is the fact that Jobber software is continually improving we are constantly releasing new updates and features without increasing the price. Check out our blog to see how active we are in releasing new improvements!

3. We have many customers that are solely using Jobber as their day to day business management software and their accounting program. It really depends on the needs of your business and the way you have things organized. With the recent addition of expense tracking and upcoming enhancements planned, most of the basic accounting features are there. I would suggest taking a look with your accountant to make sure they have everything they need.

4. With regards to invoicing, you have two options: on the fly (so your are always up to date) or once a month. With our handy dandy batch invoicing, it is laid out and only takes a few clicks like you mentioned. You can either email the clients or invoices can be laid out in a way that allows windowed envelopes so you don't have to mess around with labels. Payments are a breeze to enter as well as they come in. We don't have a great video yet only for the billing and invoicing section but we are rolling those out as we complete them. All the info is right here though: http://docs.getjobber.com/billing-and-invoicing/

5. Scheduling is something we routinely here wonderful praise about and is probably one of our strongest functions. There are actually 5 different calendar views to make it really easy to tackle all kinds of scheduling challenges. You could literally add the 28 visits in 5 seconds using the recurring visit function. All of the clients info about previous visits is easily viewed in the client view. We do have the calendar videos completed and up on our YouTube channel so you can see them here: http://www.youtube.com/user/GetJobber. Or you can always see the docs section for more http://docs.getjobber.com/scheduling/.

"Can you sell us on it a little bit more??" - HAHA This is not something that I hear very often. We really pride ourselves in not 'selling' people hard but rather making it easy for them to try us out and make their own decisions. We have a really strong product that is rapidly improving and we are making serious waves for it.

We just announced a second round of funding which means we are really kicking the product development and support into high gear right now. We also just received a glowing 9/10 independent review and recommendation from GetApp. Both of these can be found detailed on our blog.

As mentioned, the best thing to do is to give it a whirl and do the 30 day free trial. I'd also recommend taking advantage of the one on one demo as well to get acquainted. Hope that helps! Sorry for the novel.

Thanks,
Jeff

Watch our 14 minute Quick Tour Video

Have feedback for Jobber? Email or call me direct at 587-400-9852.

www.getjobber.com | landen@getjobber.com | 1-888-721-1115 Ext 114
Twitter: @GetJobber | Jobber on Facebook

Old 02-19-2013, 03:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks Jeff! I will give it a try. I appreciate your in-depth reply. Hopefully others can gain some value from it too.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:51 PM
Sponsor

Sorry that took a few days as well. I caught the worst flu I've ever had and was pretty much out of commission since Feb 14th. My valentine was not very happy. lol
Old 02-19-2013, 04:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Oh, no problem at all (at least for me..)

Hey, one more thing - does Jobber have a place for estimating man hours? And if so, does it include a place to enter driving time (or better yet calculate it for you using the mapping feature?)
Old 02-19-2013, 06:15 PM
Sponsor

Hey,
Not sure what you mean by 'estimating man hours'. If you mean do we have something where you say (for example) the yard is 2000 square feet and that equates to 40 minutes - no we don't. There are too many factors for that to be effective. However, you essentially estimate man hours when you schedule jobs in the calendar. Timesheets are also a way of tracking this as you go.

You can add driving time as an expense for the job and can add both of these to any quotes you give (which are turned into jobs and invoices). This will be addressed better when we release the routing feature (can't make any time promises but it is certainly at the top of the list).

Regards,
Jeff

Watch our 14 minute Quick Tour Video

Have feedback for Jobber? Email or call me direct at 587-400-9852.

www.getjobber.com | landen@getjobber.com | 1-888-721-1115 Ext 114
Twitter: @GetJobber | Jobber on Facebook