Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-13-2013, 11:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I wanted to bump this up and see where everyone is at on this tablet/smartphone concept. Any apps out there that does stuff like this? I would like to work towards paperless in the truck and office. I little daunting getting started trying to find apps/create databases. Ideally I would like an app that I can create a route list by selecting customers from a list. I can then select what products we're using from a list. On the route the tech can enter time in/out and products used. These paperless "slips" can be emailed to customer and transferred to the office for billing and recording purposes. In the computer I would like to be able to sort by date, or by customer to make it easy to find them. I would be great if I could also put these into a format for job costing purposes as well. ie. time per sq ft, time per stop, etc. Anyone have suggestions where to find this? I don't have a huge budget and I'm probably asking too much considering my budget but something like this would be awesome. I really don't want to purchase software, but I'm probably looking at a software solution more than an app?
-Hopefully my ramblings made sense.

Charles- Are you using an app on your smartphone or just going with spreadsheets?

Falcon- Any luck finding apps and forms.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:05 PM
Sponsor

Hey pieperlc, thanks for sending me over here. In summary - YES, We can do that! Haha

Jobber handles all of the functions you mentioned except maybe the specific formatting detail of the job costing you are looking for. We just introduced expense tracking but realistically have to further develop the product to get to that level of detail for cost/sq foot etc.

The good news though is that we have been helping companies go entirely paperless by keeping all aspects of the business online and in one place. We have not yet released the app but that is definitely planned for the future.

We do have full mobile access so you can do all of the things mentioned above including estimating, mapping, scheduling, job tracking, time tracking, billing, tracking payments, etc. All of these are available from any web connected device so you have full access in the field or in the office. You can email the client quotes and invoices and all of the information is stored and easily accessible with the powerful search function.

We also have a Chemical Tracking Add-on to track all of the same spreadsheet info previously mentioned in this thread. It was built to satisfy all of the regulatory standards. Many jurisdictions require that chemical and pesticide use be tracked and stored for up to seven years so it is nice to always have immediate access.

I think our price point is also a lot easier to swallow than that of the competition. Jobber is only $29 per month (plus the chemical tracking add-on is $3).

Sorry for the novel of a post. Anyway, we offer a free 30 day trial so feel free to check it out for yourself!

Thanks,
Jeff

Watch our 14 minute Quick Tour Video

Have feedback for Jobber? Email or call me direct at 587-400-9852.

www.getjobber.com | landen@getjobber.com | 1-888-721-1115 Ext 114
Twitter: @GetJobber | Jobber on Facebook

Old 02-13-2013, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieperlc View Post
I wanted to bump this up and see where everyone is at on this tablet/smartphone concept. Any apps out there that does stuff like this? I would like to work towards paperless in the truck and office. I little daunting getting started trying to find apps/create databases. Ideally I would like an app that I can create a route list by selecting customers from a list. I can then select what products we're using from a list. On the route the tech can enter time in/out and products used. These paperless "slips" can be emailed to customer and transferred to the office for billing and recording purposes. In the computer I would like to be able to sort by date, or by customer to make it easy to find them. I would be great if I could also put these into a format for job costing purposes as well. ie. time per sq ft, time per stop, etc. Anyone have suggestions where to find this? I don't have a huge budget and I'm probably asking too much considering my budget but something like this would be awesome. I really don't want to purchase software, but I'm probably looking at a software solution more than an app?

Charles- Are you using an app on your smartphone or just going with spreadsheets?

I am using a smart phone and printing each one out

This is a word program that i made i don't think you can save it to a folder that would be nice

Charles Cue
Old 02-14-2013, 09:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I created a Spreadsheet that looks like the example Charles posted. I exported my customer list from Quickbooks and put all of those in a drop down button. I have do more work on the final sheet, I'm trying to fiqure out how to save the sheet for each property without overwritting the previous. Best solution so far is to create a new folder for each month and save the customer sheet to the current month. At least I won't be covered in paper logs doing it this way. If anyone wants a copy shoot me a PM with your email and I'll send it over or I can help with the drop down tabs if you want to build it yourself.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx315 View Post
I created a Spreadsheet that looks like the example Charles posted. I exported my customer list from Quickbooks and put all of those in a drop down button. I have do more work on the final sheet, I'm trying to fiqure out how to save the sheet for each property without overwritting the previous. Best solution so far is to create a new folder for each month and save the customer sheet to the current month. At least I won't be covered in paper logs doing it this way. If anyone wants a copy shoot me a PM with your email and I'll send it over or I can help with the drop down tabs if you want to build it yourself.
Mine has drop down tabs and the auto math on the end for how much AI was used

But the drop down tabs don't work on the smart phone but the math does ?

Charles Cue
Old 02-16-2013, 11:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieperlc View Post

I have not done anything yet but talk to a few people. I would like to get everything on my Ipad.

Training them early
Old 02-16-2013, 11:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx315 View Post
What program are u using for the spreadsheet. Did u use the export feature in Q book to transfer customers.

Training them early
Old 04-11-2013, 10:10 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just a another bump to check your progress. I think I'm going to go with goformz. You don't have to have a data plan to run it, it syncs up when you get back to wifi. I will also create a log that is exportable to excel so after all the jobs are uploaded, I can run job costing on it easily. Only bad part is billing in quickbooks will be double entry. There are a lot of paperless form apps out there and goformz seems like it might be a good fit for me. Worth a shot anyway. I'm running android operating system for anyone interested.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:01 PM
LawnSite Member

The biggest obstacle I've found is the drop down lists not being able to function on a smartphone. It stinks bad. I've got an excel spreadsheet that I can upload to the "cloud" and its then automatically synced to my laptop. I swore I wouldn't spend the hours on paperwork that I've spent in the past. So far I'm definitely saving time with this setup...I've got it down to where I only have to insert the time/day/and amount of AI I've applied to the spreadsheet via my smartphone.