Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-14-2013, 09:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Toro TurfMaster 30''

I was wondering if anyone uses the Toro TurfMaster. I was gonna go with the Honda HRC216, but now I saw this one and the 9 inch difference in the deck might help out a lot. But I have no accounts yet so I have all the time in the world lol. Its about a 500 dollar difference between the two. Please let me know what you think of the turfmaster if you used it, and even better if you used both. Also I will be working out of a pick up truck with a ramp.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:57 AM
LawnSite Member

This is the first year that it is coming out so i dont know how many people are going to buy it. If you are seriously considering buying it then i would at least suggest going to a dealer and demo one first. Id hate to spend all of that money only for it to turn out to be garbage.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I purchased the timemaster 30 last year and it made a huge difference in time savings for me , the biggest downfall is that the self proppeled slowed down significantly towards the end of season so i think the transmission will need work , but i viewed the new commercial turfmaster at the toro dealer yesterday actually and it is impressive , alot more metal , bigger fuel tank , and the dealer said the self propeled problem has been fixed. I don't think you will find anyone who has used one yet cause they just came out , but the dealer said it has a 2 year warranty so , i plan on purchasing one in the next month or so as with any new product there will be bugs to work out just make shure to use a good dealer that can service it for you. I think its a good product and a big time savings over a 20 mower.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Toro TurfMaster 30''

Buy the commercial unit. I have the homeowner unit. Only problem I had was filling it with fuel many times a day. It was my favorite mower. My commercial exmark was barely used after I bought this. Cut quality is amazing and it mulches everything with ease. Not sure how the Kawasaki motor will do tho. Mine was the Briggs.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:53 PM
LawnSite Member

does anyone know the cost yet
Old 02-15-2013, 12:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

about 1700
Old 02-15-2013, 02:09 PM
LawnSite Member

I looked at the Turfmaster at my dealer today.

First of all the machine feels huge compared to a 21", but is still maneuvers easily.

The 2-point height adjustment is great, don't have to adjust wheels on both sides.

My concerns are plastic wheels and the single speed.

I bought the POS commerical 22156 Toro with the single speed, and I was changing belts after only a few weeks. Any idea if that will be an issue with this mower?

I hope this mower proves to be a winner because the 30" deck would fit in very well with our set up.

Prices range from $1700-$1800 here in Portland
Old 02-16-2013, 02:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Got to see a turfmaster today and manuever it around the parking lot. 1799$ was the price. The rep was pretty honest with me about. For his own personal yard he used the residential version all last summer. He said the weight of the unit would make it a little tiring turning it all day. But it seems like an acceptable trade off vs a pushmower.

With that being said, the dealer had a 32" snapper sw5 left over from last year for $2500. The mower was really compact and agile. Seemed more maneuverable than the turfmaster. It also had twice the engine power for $700 more. The mower was built with ease of maintenance in mind. Belts were easy to replace, grease points had easy access ect.... I thought the turfmaster was the solution to my single gate fenced in backyards I am not sure now. The agility or lack of seems to be an issue. Toro should have put swivel front wheels on this
Posted via Mobile Device