Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-16-2013, 04:42 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

i have the br600 magnum and it's great. there have been a few times where the leaves buildup too much and the br600 stops pushing them as well. i think the next one i get will be the husqvarna 580bts and i'll use it for the leaf jobs and keep the br600 for blowing off driveways after mowing.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:40 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsLawnCare1 View Post
i have the br600 magnum and it's great. there have been a few times where the leaves buildup too much and the br600 stops pushing them as well. i think the next one i get will be the husqvarna 580bts and i'll use it for the leaf jobs and keep the br600 for blowing off driveways after mowing.
What I was getting at, was for a parking lot I would probably use a wheeled blower, we use 600's as well going to the husky isn't going to make enough of a difference to justify putting that monster on your back, check out the billygoat video on youtube where they show how much of a jump in production using a wheeled blower makes, you can literally cut you time in less than half with the right blower.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
What I was getting at, was for a parking lot I would probably use a wheeled blower, we use 600's as well going to the husky isn't going to make enough of a difference to justify putting that monster on your back, check out the billygoat video on youtube where they show how much of a jump in production using a wheeled blower makes, you can literally cut you time in less than half with the right blower.
I have to disagree with you on that. The 570/580 are far ahead of the 600 in real world performance. I use my 570 to clean a few lots off from time to time, and it is quite a bit faster than using my 600. Obviously a wheeled blower would be better yet as long as it is a fairly good sized one, but for someone who has limited funds, the big BP's are a far better choice for the money, and they will keep up with many of the smaller to mid sized wheeled blowers. The Husky's have such good harnesses that you don't notice the weight much at all. Mine is ten times more comfortable than my 600 even though it weights 3 lbs more.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsLawnCare1 View Post
Yes 580BTS is overkill to the 10th. power on blowing off driveways after mowing. The 580BTS showed me what it was made of when I use it on a parking lot with a lot of rocks .With my handheld blower I would have to stop and shovel the rock up not so with the 580BTS you just kelp on going .
Old 02-16-2013, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
I have to disagree with you on that. The 570/580 are far ahead of the 600 in real world performance. I use my 570 to clean a few lots off from time to time, and it is quite a bit faster than using my 600. Obviously a wheeled blower would be better yet as long as it is a fairly good sized one, but for someone who has limited funds, the big BP's are a far better choice for the money, and they will keep up with many of the smaller to mid sized wheeled blowers. The Husky's have such good harnesses that you don't notice the weight much at all. Mine is ten times more comfortable than my 600 even though it weights 3 lbs more.
You re exactly right .I have said this before how do I use a wheeled blower on beds, in the road ,around parking lot curbs . And Yes I have limited funds.

It is very comfortable I could use all day but I is so Power Full I never get that much lined up to do at one time.1 to 2 1/2 hours is the most I think I will ever do at one time
Old 02-16-2013, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I agree that for parking lots a wheeled blower is great but I hate using them on lawns. Since I got my 580 I hardly use my Billy Goat.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Darryl what size billy goat do you have? I'm sorry but I'm not in the belief that the 580 is THAT much more than a 600! maybe HALF a step up but that's about it, it's no where near the large wheeled billy goats, not even close. Take money out of the equation this is a performance only comparison. Obviously, the wheeled blowers are more expensive it's because they deliver superior performance to a BP. You can't compare a handheld blower to a BP either the BP cost more and delivers more. When the time comes and I need to significantly increase production times during leaf season I won't be only slightly upgrading to a husky doesn't make sense. I will go to a wheeled blower and cut my time in half or less.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Darryl what size billy goat do you have? I'm sorry but I'm not in the belief that the 580 is THAT much more than a 600! maybe HALF a step up but that's about it, it's no where near the large wheeled billy goats, not even close. Take money out of the equation this is a performance only comparison. Obviously, the wheeled blowers are more expensive it's because they deliver superior performance to a BP. You can't compare a handheld blower to a BP either the BP cost more and delivers more. When the time comes and I need to significantly increase production times during leaf season I won't be only slightly upgrading to a husky doesn't make sense. I will go to a wheeled blower and cut my time in half or less.
I have a 5hp PECO vac that I could make it in to a wheel blower but do not see how be 1/2 good has the Husqvarna 580BTS .
I have been told that it would thake a 10hp wheeled blower to out blower a 580BTS.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
You can believe what you want, but you'd be wrong. I have a BR600 and a Husky 570. I like them both, but the 570 is a LOT stronger than the 600.

Sure, a large BG wheeled blower is stronger. It's also a lot less manueverable anywhere outside of wide open lawns and lots, and costs a lot more. You can buy two 580's and a mid sized BP for what one decent size BG walk behind costs, and there's no way in heck a BG WB will outdo two 580's for time on normal of average size, and with an average amount of trees unless you are solo.

If you're going to take cost out of the equation, then you might as well buy a ride-on blower, or a 3 pt blower.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Riden, I agreed that the 580 was a half step up from a 600, no argument there, you have to compare apples to apples one operator with a 580 vs one operator with a full size BG, NO COMPARISON THERE the BG WINS! We're talking about efficiency here not add more man power, that's the whole point, NOT to have to add payroll use the new efficient equip now available, to keep cost down.

Last edited by cpllawncare; 02-16-2013 at 10:57 PM.