Register free!

Old 02-16-2013, 05:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

foot high weeds

I got a call from a lady who has a lawn filled with weeds and some are a foot high. I was thinking I should mow first before treating the weeds. What do you think?
Old 02-16-2013, 05:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If they are a foot tall then there is a lot of surface area but you may not reach the smaller younger plants below. I would probably suggest two apps. Mow with a bagger the first time
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-16-2013, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

To me it depends on the yard weeds a foot tall and short grass just spray with a skid. Tall weed don't work very well with a ride on you should be 20" above what you are spraying

If the grass is tall with the weeds mow and pick up clippings and wait for weeds to regrow than spray

Just remember the taller the weeds the more mature they are the harder they will be to kill

Sounds like the people don't mow there yard all the time why would the wast there money on weed control
Old 02-17-2013, 10:12 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHARLES CUE View Post
To me it depends on the yard weeds a foot tall and short grass just spray with a skid. Tall weed don't work very well with a ride on you should be 20" above what you are spraying

If the grass is tall with the weeds mow and pick up clippings and wait for weeds to regrow than spray

Just remember the taller the weeds the more mature they are the harder they will be to kill

Sounds like the people don't mow there yard all the time why would the wast there money on weed control

Some people are looking for a quick one time job and then think they could forget about the lawn for another 6 months. Not many guys would take such work but I will. I just pull up with no signs on my truck and wear a bubble boy suit so no one recognizes me and the make sure I get paid first . Then I go back to my regular set up.