Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-16-2013, 02:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

How bout if you throw OCTANE in the mix??
Old 02-16-2013, 02:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I do not see anything about rain fast but it Say's it has a high potential for surface water pollution via run off. Recommends allowing a 48 hour window. I plan on only using this product for spot treatment. It also says not to irrigate until dry.

Will read the label a little closer when the time comes.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestGaPineStraw View Post
Don't use it with a nis, mso only.
Posted via Mobile Device
The label says use an NIS... What's the problem with NIS? What's the advantage of MSO?? Also I keep seeing people talking about mixing it with another product. How do I know what to mix it with, and mixing instructions for both combined?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-16-2013, 02:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

If you don't know what mso does, then you don't need to use it. Octane is ok with the mix. Quicksilver works better IMO.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-16-2013, 02:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

NIS sticks and MSO penetrates isn't that the jist of it....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-16-2013, 02:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

From the label....

TANK MIXING CELSIUS WG HERBICIDE WITH ADJUVANTS AND FERTILIZERS
• Inareaswhereweedpressureishighandadequatecoverageiscritical,addanon-ionicsurfactant(NIS)at0.25% v/v to the spray solution.
• For difficult-to-control weeds, the addition of methylated seed oil (MSO) at a rate of 0.25-0.5% v/v may improve weed control.
• Donotuseasprayadjuvantattemperaturesabove90degrees.
• Application of CELSIUS WG HERBICIDE with a spray adjuvant or nitrogen-containing fertilizers may damage turf
that is under stress.

I was just asking why one and not the other...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-17-2013, 10:31 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I am going to have to disagree about not using Celcius now. I will say I do start a tad later than some of you [last week of Feb] but this is what I use for my first round. It might take a little longer to notice the weeds dying but they do dye and just not have the tops burned. It is safe for transitioning Bermuda and St Augustine [way easier on these than a 24d mix] and if they happen to have some Poa, Clump Fescue, Rye, Rescuegrass, ect... it helps these transition faster at lower temps. I can still get two blanket sprays if needed, one now and one in June. Those two will keep my lawns looking good until I spray Simazine in Oct. I also like the fact that Celcius has some residual/pre properties to it. BTW, I like to use the medium rate with MSO.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf Dawg View Post
I am going to have to disagree about not using Celcius now. I will say I do start a tad later than some of you [last week of Feb] but this is what I use for my first round. It might take a little longer to notice the weeds dying but they do dye and just not have the tops burned. It is safe for transitioning Bermuda and St Augustine [way easier on these than a 24d mix] and if they happen to have some Poa, Clump Fescue, Rye, Rescuegrass, ect... it helps these transition faster at lower temps. I can still get two blanket sprays if needed, one now and one in June. Those two will keep my lawns looking good until I spray Simazine in Oct. I also like the fact that Celcius has some residual/pre properties to it. BTW, I like to use the medium rate with MSO.
The label says you can add Octane if it's cooler, have you ever tried that? It is supposed to be comparable to speedzone when done like this.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I am so new to "the game" I am just just learning. Piggy backing off you guys and what your doing. This Celsius spot spray I performed 4 days ago. And it was for my own tests. To see how Long this would take to see results. I don't have the budget or clients to go out and buy octane, speed zone, revolver, and anything else that you might mix with it. I don't even know how to properly mix 2 different herbicides together. I am hopin to "intern" with a guy I met on here that actually lives in the next neighborhood over from me. He seems very knowledgable and has a nice set up.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-17-2013, 02:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i agree w turf dog. i spot sprayed fescue In a bermuda lawn with celcius 3 weeks ago and its dead now. it just takes longer but it seemed to work fine for me