Go Back   LawnSite.com™ - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Gravely
User Name
Password
Home Gravely.com Parts Find a Dealer About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 03:31 PM
Sponsor

Gravely X-Factor Deck Enhancements for 2013

Gravely® introduces the 2013 changes to the X-Factor decks.

These changes have already gone into production on Pro-Turn™ 400, Pro-Turn™ 200 and Pro-Turn™ 100 models with a serial number greater than 20,000.

New Red Gravely Commercial Spindles
The spindles have had numerous interior changes to improve reliability and longevity. The new spindles are the same shape and profile as previous black commercial spindles and can be identified by their red exterior paint. These spindles are still covered by a 3-year commercial warranty.

Discharge Opening
The discharge opening has been increased by 10-20% (depending on deck size).This change will improve clipping dispersal, especially in demanding cutting situations.

Optimized Discharge Chute Profile
The chute profile has been optimized for even clipping dispersal and reduced windrowing.

Standard Adjustable Vacuum Baffles
Vacuum baffles will be standard on Pro-Turn™ 400, Pro-Turn™ 200 and Pro-Turn™ 100 models, allowing the deck to be adjusted depending on the conditions for minimum performance.

Note: New spindles, larger discharge openings, and optimized chute profile are also now standard on Pro-Master™ 200, Pro-Master™ 320, Pro-Master™ Rapid XZ, Pro-Turn™, ZT HD, and Max Zoom® models with serial numbers greater than 20,000.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:08 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Thanks for the info!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-15-2013, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I wanted a gravely bad for operator comfort, but the Exmark edged it out on cut. Too bad this deck wasn't out to try last fall when we demoed. Ended up buying 2 X Series 38 horses with baggers. Wanted Gravleys for the comfort though.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:21 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC View Post
I wanted a gravely bad for operator comfort, but the Exmark edged it out on cut. Too bad this deck wasn't out to try last fall when we demoed. Ended up buying 2 X Series 38 horses with baggers. Wanted Gravleys for the comfort though.
If you dont mind me asking where did theX-Factor not match the Exmark in cut? Reason I ask is my experience was opposite. The Exmark cut fine in ideal conditions but if the grass was wet or thick it clumped and required double cutting.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-17-2013, 10:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quality of the finished cut when we did side by side comparisons with both mowers at the same time, stripe next to stripe. The Exmark was absolutely table top smooth not one stragler. I was impresed after having owned Huslter, Scag, Deere, and Walker. Exmark was a shade better in discharge of clippings vs Gravely too. I wantes the Gravley because of the comfort, but Exmark upped there game in their seats this year too. Not airride but pretty comfortable.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-17-2013, 10:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Fwiw, this is in high quality Bluegrass and Ryegrass lawns.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-25-2013, 01:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the information. Sounds like good improvements.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-19-2013, 06:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Thinking about buying a Gravely Zt hd52 soon, when will the new spindles, etc be available on it? I looked at on at a local dealer very nice mower for what I need. I noticed it had the black ones. Just curious if I should wait or if he has last years model.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-20-2013, 08:05 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrs25 View Post
Thinking about buying a Gravely Zt hd52 soon, when will the new spindles, etc be available on it? I looked at on at a local dealer very nice mower for what I need. I noticed it had the black ones. Just curious if I should wait or if he has last years model.
Posted via Mobile Device

Just an FYI I have the black spindles on three different mowers. One has 2,000 hours and one has 1,600 hours and my 460 only has 236 hours. I have never had a gravely spindle fail. Our OLD Gravely PRO-50 walkbehind had 3,000 hours on it with the original spindles when we sold it.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)