Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-06-2013, 06:58 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I must admit that some of you have gone to extreme measures to use the Extreme trimmer racks. Far more than I would.

Look at this "rig"

And this is what it looks like if you don't

Old 02-06-2013, 09:02 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i haven't welded any braces on my xtreme racks.. YET.. but i feel like i have to after seeing that.. i am running 3 space rack with 3 trimmers,i keep the heaviest one on bottom, lightest on top. it seems to do fine. i may get the extensions. i was less than impressed with some things with the greentouch, after i got the overpriced rack, i had to shell out for engine supports.. now, thinking of extensions so i can add some stability.. my vote is not with greentouch though. hopefully i can make them work without destroying 1000 dollars worth of trimmers.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:43 AM
LawnSite Member

I have my greentouch put on a different way. I'm pretty sure it's the advanced way because it mounts to the bottom on the trailer and on the railing and it's much more secure than when I just had it bolted to the rail. I will post a picture sometime
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-06-2013, 10:34 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

GreenTouch Xtreme racks!
Old 02-11-2013, 04:43 PM
LawnSite Member

I love the Xtreme Series for trimmers with the engine support add-on. Super secure, instant access to get your trimmers off and on, and very professional look. If I lost them in a card game tomorrow I'd buy them again the next day... Highly recommended.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozzy View Post
I love the Xtreme Series for trimmers with the engine support add-on. Super secure, instant access to get your trimmers off and on, and very professional look. If I lost them in a card game tomorrow I'd buy them again the next day... Highly recommended.
I dont have them yet, but I think my choice is made. Extreme rack with engine supports. I may go with the model that only holds two though, to minimize the issues with breakage at the base mounting area.
2013 Exmark Commercial 30
2014 Exmark Lazer Z S Series EFI 52
2008 Stihl FS250R Trimmer
2010 Stihl FS90R Trimmer
200? Stihl FC75 Edger
2014 Stihl KM130R edger and trimmer shafts

2013 Stihl BR600 Backpack blower
Old 02-17-2013, 12:27 AM
LawnSite Member

Yeah, definitely get the engine supports. I'm actually surprised they even made it optional. I ran mine for a few weeks without them and every time I went over a speed bump or hit a pothole I could see my trimmer engine springing up and down. The engine support (once you get it adjusted right) completely eliminates this and does not really affect getting the trimmers off and on. I mounted my racks on the outside of my open trailer, way lower than they would be if they were up on the top of the rail. I have the 3 spot version and I have zero concern about anything snapping off. I would not be comfortable with it if it was up on top of the rail though. Basically, with the hardware that comes with it, you will have multiple mounting options. Great system.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:12 AM
LawnSite Member

I ordered some from http://trinityironimages.net/lockabl...ger-racks.html and like them. They are simple and well made. Price was right also..
Old 02-17-2013, 04:17 AM
LawnSite Member

I use Trimmer Trap and love them. I have the hand tool attachment to go a long with it. Its a little odd but works surprisingly well. I just picked up a Rackem backpack holder that I haven't out on yet.
36" Bobcat
46" JRCO Thatcher
JRCO Aerator
Echo handhelds
Red Max Backpack
Sthil saws
Old 02-18-2013, 02:57 AM
LawnSite Member

Xtreme racks

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball9074 View Post
I have my greentouch put on a different way. I'm pretty sure it's the advanced way because it mounts to the bottom on the trailer and on the railing and it's much more secure than when I just had it bolted to the rail. I will post a picture sometime
Posted via Mobile Device
Hey, its time for me to get some racks and I'm pretty sure I'm settled on the 3 space rack with the engine supports. But, I'd like to see the way you mounted yours if you have a pic. Thanks!