Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-18-2013, 07:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Another major milestone! The mower now moves under its own power. Could not do too much testing since I had to ride it standing on it but I took it for a spin around the driveway. Moves smoothly both forwards are backwards. What I did to get it going:

1. Ran it forwards and backwards with the dump valves partially open and wheels off the ground.
2. Ran it on the ground same way. It moved but slowly.
3. After moving around that way for a while closed the dump valves and it moves normally

No moaning and groaning and (so far at least) no leaks!

Will do some more testing when I put the seat together and get all the stubbed out safety switches either wrapped with electrical tape or (hopefully) properly connected.

Called it a day and popped open a Cold Corona - Cheers!
Old 02-18-2013, 07:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjm123a View Post
Another major milestone! The mower now moves under its own power. Could not do too much testing since I had to ride it standing on it but I took it for a spin around the driveway. Moves smoothly both forwards are backwards. What I did to get it going:

1. Ran it forwards and backwards with the dump valves partially open and wheels off the ground.
2. Ran it on the ground same way. It moved but slowly.
3. After moving around that way for a while closed the dump valves and it moves normally

No moaning and groaning and (so far at least) no leaks!

Will do some more testing when I put the seat together and get all the stubbed out safety switches either wrapped with electrical tape or (hopefully) properly connected.

Called it a day and popped open a Cold Corona - Cheers!
We need a freakin Like button. There are other versions of VB that have them.

You're doing a very nice job and I think you should both be proud of the job you've done and very happy with your "new" mower.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Member

vBulletin 5 Connect

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6 is the version they run here... and the newest version is vBulletin 5 Connect and a plugin was added to allow FB Likes and the version they are running here is the same one I run and I purchased mine so it cost everytime you upgrade
Old 02-22-2013, 11:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks Richard!

The seat cushions were delivered today. This weekend is shaping up as a pretty busy one, but I'm gonna try to get the seat put together.
Attached Images

Old 02-23-2013, 02:01 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Don't forget more pictures
Old 02-25-2013, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Member

I now have a seat mounted on the mower. It is not perfect but is quite serviceable. I used a combination of refinished burned parts and straight enough donor parts. I still have to finish off the arm rests but other than that the seat is done. I have connected everything on wiring harness except the clutch. All the safety switches work as they should. Attached are some pics.
Attached Images

Old 03-02-2013, 11:43 PM
LawnSite Member

If anybody is still following this, the mower proper is pretty much done. I'm having lots of fun driving it around the driveway. Time to turn it back into a real mower though. For that it needs a deck so that is what I'm going to work on next. Pics show the starting point.
Attached Images

Old 03-03-2013, 07:16 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

... yes, following every time a new post goes up! This is one of the best LS threads, ever. Kudos for your efforts, passion, and documentation of the project.

From what I can understand, the mowing deck is the last remaining piece for a complete machine, right?
Old 03-03-2013, 11:52 AM
LawnSite Member

Really nice job. I to have been following and i thought it was headed for scrap yard. But you proved me weong. again nice job. Once you are totally dine could you post you total cost and man hours invested.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-03-2013, 02:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnusskern View Post
Really nice job. I to have been following and i thought it was headed for scrap yard. But you proved me weong. again nice job. Once you are totally dine could you post you total cost and man hours invested.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yup, same here. Following, proved me wrong, and would love to know costs and hours!

www.PerfectEarthLandscape.com

Follow my updates and pictures on Facebook and LawnSite