Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-04-2013, 07:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

from google help:
Quote:
If you are an AdWords advertiser, you can see for yourself how many invalid clicks have been proactively filtered from your Google AdWords account.
(content had a link to an adwords help page.)
Old 02-04-2013, 07:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Ok...I've had it now...who are they calling an Invalid?!?!?!
Old 02-04-2013, 08:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

rofl

better turn off your webcam; maybe google hacked it and is watching you...
Old 02-19-2013, 04:53 PM
LawnSite Member

So if you are charged per clicked, how does the daily budget fit in?
Old 02-19-2013, 05:25 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmasterlc View Post
So if you are charged per clicked, how does the daily budget fit in?
The daily budget is your cap. If your bid is $1/click, and you have an $8 daily budget, you're done at 8 clicks each day.

If you're just exploring the world of Adwords, take the time to learn the ins and outs and understand the differences between Adwords and Adwords Express. It's in your business', and budget's, best interest to use Adwords and not Express. The key differences being that Express is more expensive (you know, for the premium-priced "convenience" Google gives you) and only uses Broad Match keywords. Traditional Adwords allows for greater flexibility and the significantly more important Exact and Phrase keyword matching.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
The daily budget is your cap. If your bid is $1/click, and you have an $8 daily budget, you're done at 8 clicks each day.

If you're just exploring the world of Adwords, take the time to learn the ins and outs and understand the differences between Adwords and Adwords Express. It's in your business', and budget's, best interest to use Adwords and not Express. The key differences being that Express is more expensive (you know, for the premium-priced "convenience" Google gives you) and only uses Broad Match keywords. Traditional Adwords allows for greater flexibility and the significantly more important Exact and Phrase keyword matching.
Ive just started adwords.... I guess Im a bit lost on how the bid is established? And yes, I will be doing some more research to get the answers.. but just hoping I could get the short, sweet answer here.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:41 AM
LawnSite Member

Adwords

With Google's evolving focus on local search I'm wondering if Adsense has become less important, especially for businesses who aren't in large markets.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

How does billing work? Do they bill you the full amount at the beginning of the month? Do you pay by the month?
Old 02-25-2013, 06:31 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2TheGreenIndustry View Post
How does billing work? Do they bill you the full amount at the beginning of the month? Do you pay by the month?
You can either prepay, set up auto pay, or, if you do enough volume and have credit with G, be invoiced.

- If you go prepay, your spend gets deducted from your available balance. When your balance is gone, your ads are shut off until you add more money.

- Auto pay has various levels that trigger your credit card being charged. The trigger escalates over time as you increase your standing with G. I believe the first trigger for new Adwords users is $50 or $100.

- Invoicing is for high-dollar accounts and is probably not applicable for the majority of users (several thousand/month).
Old 02-26-2013, 10:40 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
You can either prepay, set up auto pay, or, if you do enough volume and have credit with G, be invoiced.

- Auto pay has various levels that trigger your credit card being charged. The trigger escalates over time as you increase your standing with G. I believe the first trigger for new Adwords users is $50 or $100.
Mine triggers at $50 and is taken from the business checking account.

Im also wondering if its wise to use both the Display Network and the Search? It seems the Display Network puts you in places that dont cover your geographic target market... I dont need my ad to show up anywhere other than the areas I service... thoughts?