Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-30-2012, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachj265 View Post
Hopefully the 30" walkbehind is built much, much better than the 26" walkbehind. My 26" is currently in the shop for warranty repair of nearly every moving and non-moving part. The handlebar broke into two pieces, throttle engaging lever functions only with duct tape, spring loaded discharge chute cover broke off after two months, both springs for rear wheel adjustments snapped in the first month, front wheels are dysfunctional and move erratically left to right (yard appears mowed by intoxicated operator once arms get tired), and the mower simply fails to mulch.
Every time I see my service manager I ask if Exmark has quit making this pos yet. Last week he advised that Exmark discontinued the 26". I was utterly surprised when he mentioned Exmark releasing a 30". My back-up 21" residential mower is wearing out due to this 26" so-called "commercial" walk behind's chronic problems. I am referring to the 26" walk behind, not the new 30" WB and obviously they are not the same mower however judging by the new 30" WB photo it appears similar in scale.
I would not purchase the mower without a 30-day 100% money back guarantee (no re-stocking fee) in writing. I should have returned the mower and paid the $300 re-stocking fee 2 weeks after purchase but instead I assumed the initial problems were a fluke. I was wrong.
One word HONDA. My Honda commercial mower is probably sever years old and has only needed one minor tune up and a new gas tank. You can't beat a push mower that's a hydro. Decent WB's are all hydro and push mowers should be too.
Owner- David

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 12-31-2012, 11:29 AM
LawnSite Member

I think I'm going to take a chance on one. I took a close look at it at The GIE+Expo and I was pleasantly impressed. Thought it was well balance and sturdy. As with the 21'' mowers the Exmark version seemed nicer than the Toro version. Our company had been using the Toro Commercial 21" for 25 years until we tried the Exmark version 2 years ago. Definitely a better thought out and more durable mower than the Toro. Cut quality was about the same. the only concern that I had with the 30" version was that the engine is the same as the one on the 21" models. Exmark claims that the engine will be more than adequate. Don't think it will replace a WB mower but it will definitely be an advantage over a 21" push and unfortunately have to do a lot of pushing.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:37 PM
LawnSite Member

I saw one at my dealer today. I has the same engine that powers the 21 and the 26. I think it's a Metro 26 revisited. Weighs a lot, has way too much plastic on it to suit me. The dealer says he has sold 2 in the last week and is waiting on feedback. My guess is one or both of them will be in the shop for repairs within a few weeks.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I just picked up a toro version it's not going to replace a 36wb for you very heavy and bulky I'm writing my full review later
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-19-2013, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Awesome, look forward to it
Posted via Mobile Device

Tags
30" , exmark , mower , walk behind