Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-19-2013, 04:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

oh yeah well my blower is bigger than yours!!!

i saw a 580bts at my dealer today. it wasn't that heavy at all really. it's kindof the same thing that people say 4 stroke trimmers are too heavy. they are only like 2-3lbs heavier than a 2 stroke. it's heavier yeah but it's not like it's gonna make a big difference. you are still gonna be able to use it just the same as you use a br600. the weight is a non issue unless you weigh 125-150 lbs and are tiny or something. i'm at 5' 9" at 200 lbs so it's not an issue for me.

the blower had this flat, wide mouth attachment that goes on the end of the tube. is that better for blowing off driveways and such or what exactly is it used for? would it be better to use it like that or just use the normal round tube end that is on it? just curious to those that have used it. i guess darryl has since he mentioned it.

Last edited by weeze; 02-19-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

That duck bill tube end is about useless IMO. Darryl with tell ya that it forces your arm back so hard as to be unsustainable for use too. The round end is all you need.

My 570 didn't come with that and I'm glad. I hate to throw anything that comes with equipment away (especially for resale purposes) but I hate storing it just as much.

BTW Jason, try a 570 personally and you won't bother going with the 580.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

thanks ridin'. i'm not gonna be buying one right now. i was just looking at them while i went to buy some edger blades. i figured if i did get one i'd be taking off the duckbill thing anyways. my br600 is only 2 seasons old so it'll be awhile before i buy another blower.

the 570 was $499 on the tag and the 580 didn't have a tag on it so i'm not sure how much it is. who knows? by the time i buy a blower they may already have a 600bts out.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsLawnCare1 View Post
thanks ridin'. i'm not gonna be buying one right now. i was just looking at them while i went to buy some edger blades. i figured if i did get one i'd be taking off the duckbill thing anyways. my br600 is only 2 seasons old so it'll be awhile before i buy another blower.

the 570 was $499 on the tag and the 580 didn't have a tag on it so i'm not sure how much it is. who knows? by the time i buy a blower they may already have a 600bts out.
That one will have to have wheels on it to move it around according to some guys here

I didn't need my 570 either really, but I wanted a big 2 stroke before the EPA bans them too. I'm glad I did buy it. My 600 was only a year old and looks like new still, but after getting the Husky, I only use the 600 for blow offs when mowing. The Husky does all the leaf work here, and we have lots of 'em. The Husky is just far more comfortable to wear even thhough it weighs 3 lbs more than the 600.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

yeah i agree with you on husqvarna products. i like them more than stihl. i bought the 324ldx last year to use with an edger attachment for edging. i have it as a backup trimmer as well. it's the same honda engine that's on my honda trimmer yet it weighs 2lbs less than the honda. it's worked great for me. maybe when i get ahead i'll go ahead and buy a husqvarna blower when i can

i'm gonna go towards using all husqvarna equipment for the most part. i still like john deere and scag ztr mowers but i'm not totally against the idea of a husqvarna ztr. there is one husqvarna ztr that is basically just like the scag cheetah. it just needs a little tweaking and it will be right up there. the rops is kindof wide when folded. i like for it to be tucked in tight like the cheetah or deere mowers. also the husqvarna ztr holds 11 gallons of gas where as the cheetah holds 15 i think. small things like that are the main differences. who knows what'll be out there in 5 years when i start thinking about buying a new mower? as for 21" pushmowers i like the honda hrx217vka. i don't use a pushmower often so i don't need to buy a commercial one. the one i have now is 10 years old and still going strong so who knows when i'll need to buy another one? the husqvarna mowers use the honda engines too on alot of the models so they wouldn't be a bad choice either. that new HU800AWD model looks pretty cool.

Last edited by weeze; 02-19-2013 at 04:58 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm about evenly split on Stihl and Husqvarna handhelds, but I am slowly switching over to all Husky as and when needed. I take such good care of my stuff though, that it takes too long to wear out so I can justify buying new stuff.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

yeah same here. all my stuff looks brand new almost after 2 seasons. my deere only has 300hrs on it so far. it may last me who knows how long? 7-10 more years or even longer?

i'm gonna have to build some kind of cart with wheels to roll my stuff around in since it's all so heavy.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
That duck bill tube end is about useless IMO. Darryl with tell ya that it forces your arm back so hard as to be unsustainable for use too. The round end is all you need.

My 570 didn't come with that and I'm glad. I hate to throw anything that comes with equipment away (especially for resale purposes) but I hate storing it just as much.

BTW Jason, try a 570 personally and you won't bother going with the 580.
You need to buy the optional $100 handle so you can use that flat nozzle, lol. If I jam my elbow against my hip I can hold it but it's just not worth it.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsLawnCare1 View Post
oh yeah well my blower is bigger than yours!!!

i saw a 580bts at my dealer today. it wasn't that heavy at all really. it's kindof the same thing that people say 4 stroke trimmers are too heavy. they are only like 2-3lbs heavier than a 2 stroke. it's heavier yeah but it's not like it's gonna make a big difference. you are still gonna be able to use it just the same as you use a br600. the weight is a non issue unless you weigh 125-150 , and are tiny or something. i'm at 5' 9" at 200 lbs so it's not an issue for me.

the blower had this flat, wide mouth attachment that goes on the end of the tube. is that better for blowing off driveways and such or what exactly is it used for? would it be better to use it like that or just use the normal round tube end that is on it? just curious to those that have used it. i guess darryl has since he mentioned it.
I know you will love 580BTS .I am sorry my dealer would not cut me another super good deal for you .He said to day the deal I got that he miss figured and that lost $30 on the deal .

I guess me being a crazy creatine eating jock make sense now that I have problems with my spelling.

If you would like to talk me or meet me PM your NO. I will call you .
I will show you my Airplanes and I will let you play with my 580BTS or HU800AWD see if you will like it .
Old 02-19-2013, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Awww how cute...trying to set up a play date