Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-21-2013, 11:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
I don't do maintenance but we're based out of farmingdale as well. We park everything right by 110 and 109. Small world
Posted via Mobile Device
lol I live right around there. Do you park in that storage spot with all the other landscapers? I was wondering how much they charge. I googled your company name and saw your website, it looks good who made it for you or did you do it yourself?
Old 02-21-2013, 11:28 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderhoff Landscaping View Post
Maybe 10% off the first months bill I would do. Idk about first cut free. Some people like wait until the grass is pretty high before making phone calls for a landscaper. My guess is that it is a way to cut costs with mowing or whatever. If that is the case I would charge a double cut for the first one.
Posted via Mobile Device
hmm... First Cut Free* When You Sign Up For The Whole Year.

*if it would be a double cut you would be charged for a single.

Something like that?
Old 02-21-2013, 11:36 AM
LawnSite Member

Double cut first cut (if its high). Then your other 3 cuts for the month (assuming its weekly). Then apply 10 percent off on the total price for the month. Explain the need for the double cut and offer them the 10 percent off the first month. It should give them the sense that they are getting a deal of some sort. It's worked for me in the past. Not saying it will work for you but it's worth a shot.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-21-2013, 11:57 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmike View Post
lol I live right around there. Do you park in that storage spot with all the other landscapers? I was wondering how much they charge. I googled your company name and saw your website, it looks good who made it for you or did you do it yourself?
No they we're insane!
Thanks, i have a lot of plans for change but a family made it. Like us on facebook and we can meet up one day and exchange cards and refer some business to each other
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-22-2013, 12:20 PM
LawnSite Member

I used to do the first now free when I first started out and what you would get is people saying ok then not wanting your service ever again . Even with a signed agreement how are you going to enforce it if they have told you to cancel or to hold off. What I do advertise now is : 1 mow free!!!!. Then I put in smaller print with three paid mows. This way you atleast make some money off of them right away and by the third mow you will know if they are gonna stick around or not. Just my 2 cents!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-22-2013, 12:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holleywood View Post
I used to do the first now free when I first started out and what you would get is people saying ok then not wanting your service ever again . Even with a signed agreement how are you going to enforce it if they have told you to cancel or to hold off. What I do advertise now is : 1 mow free!!!!. Then I put in smaller print with three paid mows. This way you atleast make some money off of them right away and by the third mow you will know if they are gonna stick around or not. Just my 2 cents!
Posted via Mobile Device
I like that first free with 3 mows. What about first cut free or 10%
Off first month service with signing up for 2013 season?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-22-2013, 05:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Well you have to kind of trick them. Don't put first mow free. Put 1 free mow or whatever service then you can put the small print