Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-22-2013, 12:18 AM
LawnSite Member

Why can't the rack go higher than the top rail? With the xtreme 90 degree mounts it'll attach the pole to the bottom rail and top rail. They work extemely well.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:22 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Okay. Just giving sound experienced advise. 20 years vs none. You asked us remember. You will be fine either way but will learn through experience and then say to yourself oooooh those guys did say that. I see now...
Old 02-22-2013, 12:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah man I really do appreciate your opinion and knowledge. Honestly I bought the trailer because of using it as advertising too so now I kinda feel like damn I screwed up. Im on the verge of just selling it and changing strategies.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-22-2013, 12:41 AM
LawnSite Member

Don't worry about what 1 person thinks. Do what you like, it's your business. Look around at peoples avatars on this site. Tons of people have pictures of there open trailers with signs on them and they look great. It's a great source for very low cost advertisement. You can never advertise too much for any business.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I appreciate all opinions on this site. Has helped me a bunch so far. This trailer won't make or break me. I got a killer deal for it and could make a couple hundred selling it anyway. So just gonna take it all in and figure it all out soon.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-22-2013, 01:07 AM
LawnSite Member

I guess I don't understand the problem with the trimmer racks. The xtreme racks are made to attach to the side of a trailer like yours. Look at the instructions on how to mount the 4 place trimmer rack from green touch. The 3 place comes with the same brackets. No custom welding and they are great racks.

Good Luck and post some pictures when you get it set up.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:36 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ever think of getting 2 double racks. Put one set high to the rear and the other pair forward and a little lower. High set would have trimmer engines to the rear and the forward one would have the engines facing forward. The trimmer heads should be able to interlock like a zipper. Or just put a double set on the driver side and another double on the passengers side. I have a triple centered on the outside of the front of my trailer and it works great. I never have to walk around to get a trimmer.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:37 AM
LawnSite Member

trimmer racks

Take a look at these. I used the rack for enclosed trailers and mounted on the dump bed of my trailer. My fenders were extended out more though since the dump bed raises.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lockable-Wee...item3ccef43ad3
Old 02-22-2013, 01:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranus View Post
Ever think of getting 2 double racks. Put one set high to the rear and the other pair forward and a little lower. High set would have trimmer engines to the rear and the forward one would have the engines facing forward. The trimmer heads should be able to interlock like a zipper. Or just put a double set on the driver side and another double on the passengers side. I have a triple centered on the outside of the front of my trailer and it works great. I never have to walk around to get a trimmer.
Yeah the more I think about it I might pass on doing a cage and put them on the front of the trailer. What side did you put the engines on?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-22-2013, 02:08 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holland View Post
Yeah the more I think about it I might pass on doing a cage and put them on the front of the trailer. What side did you put the engines on?
Posted via Mobile Device
Both. Whatever way is easier and quickest. To small of a detail to care about.