Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-22-2013, 05:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Each day of the program has a short 5 minute lesson based on the following topics. Monday – time management, Tuesday – customer service, Wednesday – quality, Thursday – efficiency, Friday – marketing. After the lesson there are also about 30 minutes of action steps to implement the lesson into your business.

It is a little like P90X, you won’t get in shape by watching the videos from your couch. The ideas are not earth shattering, but there are steps included that can help you make immediate improvements to your business.

One day’s lesson covers 2 of the greatest areas where companies have wasted payroll. One is the time your crews waste from the moment they clock in until they actually start their first job. The other is return trips to the shop because your crew forgot to tell you about something they needed. Both problems can be corrected by getting ready for tomorrow at the end of each day.

The action step for the day is to spend a few minutes after your last job to get everything ready for tomorrow. Straighten the trailer, get equipment fueled and prepped, fill up trucks and transfer tanks, throw away all trash and debris, etc. To help in the process, I have included a truck and equipment checklist. By adding an equipment section to a DOT post trip inspection form, you will also be on your way to DOT compliance.

I don’t pretend that this is the perfect system for every company, but if you are balls to the wall in the spring…tomorrow your guys can be headed to their first job with everything they need for the day within 5 minutes of clocking in.

Thanks for the question, I hope this helps.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Email me @ holleywoodlawn@hotmail.com
Old 02-23-2013, 09:22 AM
LawnSite Member

I was able to set up a landing page for those of you who were interested in the $29 special offer for LawnSite members.

Follow the link to www.fixyourbusiness.net/lawnsite.

You will check out through PayPal, and receive an automated email with a downloadable copy of the program.

If you have any questions you can email me directly dllawson819@gmail.com.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Member

I have had several questions about the feedback I am getting from the test group, so I am posting a reply I got from one of the lessons.

1) Did you read the lesson today? Can you relate to it? "Yes I did read it, and for sure I think that having regular inspections is a needed and valuable tool to have. I did start to develop an inspection form 2 years ago, however due to putting out other fires it never got used. I also never developed away to use the forms once filled out. Other than I would have a written copy of what we thought the property looked like. I had no means to do training, or follow up. I now see that what I think we should do is have an inspection, give a copy to the crew leader and go over it. Anything with really bad scores should be re-trained on immediately." I am very pleased with this answer, because after reading this lesson the owner began thinking of additional ways to use the action steps to help his business. I was also pleased that the program covers the issues of retraining and follow up in later lessons.

The action steps for this day include a property inspection form, and a plan to begin regularly inspecting your properties. The form is editable, and many companies may want to adjust it to meet their specific needs.

One of the goals of this program is to provide a starting point for implementing sound business systems, even in the middle of the spring rush.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone care to give feedback on this program? I know it's a little early but anything will help.

Not trying to under mind DLLawson, just curious.

Thank you.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Same here hiss it going. I planned on purchasing it for the $100 price then realized he gave a discount to the lawnsite members which I thought was cool. I have yet to do so because I'm still a little hesitant due to no response from d Lawson after pm and email except that I somehow emailed his wife and that he would get back to me. :/
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-25-2013, 03:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holleywood View Post
Same here hiss it going. I planned on purchasing it for the $100 price then realized he gave a discount to the lawnsite members which I thought was cool. I have yet to do so because I'm still a little hesitant due to no response from d Lawson after pm and email except that I somehow emailed his wife and that he would get back to me. :/
Posted via Mobile Device
I sent an email on Saturday to the address you posted in the thread, and sent a follow up email a few minutes ago. Please let me know if you have not received them. I am sorry for any inconvenience.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:38 PM
LawnSite Member

I just checked my email on my phone and still did not have it so i got on my computer and checked my junk email folder and there it was an email from Saturday and the one again from this afternoon. I will be ordering tonight. Thanks!
Old 02-25-2013, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks Holleywood, let me know if you have any questions.

I am pretty sure I have responded to everyone who has emailed or sent me a pm. If you have not heard from me, post and let me know.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:38 AM
LawnSite Member

Is there a way to make the file that you download a pdf so we can read it from our smart phones. I downloaded it fine on the computer and opened it. I then tried to download it on my phone and it downloads but is unable to open the .htm file with out it just being a bunch of random characters. I didn't want to print the 55 pages and carry around . Is anyone else able to make this work on their phones?
Posted via Mobile Device