Click for Weather

Old 02-20-2013, 02:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrock Lawns View Post
Everything looks good man
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks

Like I said its been pretty slow right now, Ill try to get some more pics up in the next week or so.
People pay you to hold their hand. If you don't like doing it, then you are in the wrong business.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Little work I did today....Mowed the entire property solo in roughly the same time it takes 2 of us to do it during the summer... Feeling good to get out and do something instead of being cooped up doing paperwork because of the rain.

Having issues uploading more photos, I'll get some more up later. Grass is starting to green up in some areas, but it's mostly weeds and rye that we are cutting now.
People pay you to hold their hand. If you don't like doing it, then you are in the wrong business.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Didn't realize how fuzzy that photo was!!! Oh well. I have a better one but I cannot get it cropped.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegyver View Post

My 40.00 spreader

Loving my 8500. Best blower out there
Have to say... I'm jealous of the $40 spreader. You will have that one for a long time. Those lesco style spreaders are the only ones I buy. Either lesco or cub cadet commercial. I heard Cub Cadet bought out the lesco design. Don't know if that is true, because I have heard that Lesco is still manufacturing spreaders. Don't know what to believe.

Anyways, I'll stop the jibber jabber... Nice spreader. Great bargain!
Old 02-23-2013, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

We are seeing yards that look like that one you mowed and I am afraid the grass is dying not dormant. We just haven't had a rain and a lot of sun hot days over 70 all winter. In our area th ecity has convinced people to turn off water in winter.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:46 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quite the contrary, We have had boat loads of rain. Its alive!
Old 02-25-2013, 10:03 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Right now its mostly weeds and rye we are having to deal with. But the SA is starting to green up below the thatch
Old 02-25-2013, 10:08 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasProscapesLLC View Post
Have to say... I'm jealous of the $40 spreader. You will have that one for a long time. Those lesco style spreaders are the only ones I buy. Either lesco or cub cadet commercial. I heard Cub Cadet bought out the lesco design. Don't know if that is true, because I have heard that Lesco is still manufacturing spreaders. Don't know what to believe.

Anyways, I'll stop the jibber jabber... Nice spreader. Great bargain!
Yes. The thing I love most is the bed deflector, very handy.
I give all the credit to Salcidolawn, his guys picked it up in Dallas. He got me a really good deal.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nice
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-25-2013, 10:18 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Nick, How do you recommend I trim/upkeep camellia sasanqua? Like I said in another thread, I have some that the previous company boxed out and the customer wants a more "natural" look. Any thoughts on this?