Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-19-2013, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Rain View Post
Hope this all works out for you. Sucks to have trouble, no matter what the circumstances. I think it's important to consider with any fuel system related issues these days, that we're dealing with the poorest fuel quality/stability ever, and that the systems burning it are running at the tightest tolerances ever seen. I'm sure the OEM's are getting pounded with claims the past few years and that it's really hard to sort out which are legitimate component / product failures, and which are brought on by poor fuel and conditions out of their control. My $.02, be as patient as you can be, and bear with your dealer/Deere as long as things appear to be moving forward in trying to figure out your situation.

That is true, the diesel fuel quality in the USA is poor and the high pressure injection systems needed to make emission standards dont tolerate contamination well at all.

I agree with the comments about Round Up in the fuel. Something does seem right, There are several things about this that dont seem right. It appears to me the dealer is either incompetent or crooked, it will be interesting to how this goes down.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:50 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Fuel is much worse in the north than the south however the manufacturer is responsible for putting safe guards in place to protect the equipment from a readily available fuel supply. That is why you rarely ever see a fuel related problem that is directly linked with contaminated fuel. You hear it blamed alot but rarely is it actually proven too be the problem. Rember construction equipment is well behind the rerst of the diesel world in terms of sophistication and fuel issues account for an extremely small amount of compnent failures globally.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digdeep View Post
Did you send your email in through the corporate website to get this response?
Yes I did. It was a little confusing, there wasnt a actually place to file a complaint, but it worked. We will see how the area manager handles things!

I have yet to see the fuel report on paper, that may help clarify some things. I have several good friends that are diesel mechanics, heard many many horror stories on fuel contamination issues as well as mechanics sabatoging trucks/equipment that comes back with issues after they fixed them. This brings up an interesting thought, with all this technology, fancy injection systems why hasnt anybody upgraded the filatration systems? To me this makes perfect sense, it would save everyone a lot of headaches and money
Old 02-20-2013, 12:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

One more thought...how much water would have to be in the tank to kill the injectors and get past factory fuel water sep in 7hrs of operation
Old 02-20-2013, 09:06 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemover View Post
One more thought...how much water would have to be in the tank to kill the injectors and get past factory fuel water sep in 7hrs of operation
Thats a question that can not be answered accurately.Some have an HEUI system and others use a HPFP. Most of the HEUI systems are pretty tolerant of fuel problems withe there main issue stiction. The HPFP systems used in the newer trucks is being made famous by Ford.LOL Older Ford diesels where HEUI as well as many other diesels like the Cat C7 series.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:30 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemover View Post
Does anybody know if their are any deere reps that frequent this site? Having issues with my dealer on my new track loader. Long story short, machine quit running my dealer replaced whole fuel system, lines, pump, injectors. Got it back and had machine for 4 days, ran it for a little less than 7 hours, broke again. Dealer is saying machine was vandalised the second time, water and round up in fuel tank, they took fuel samples. Fuel system is ruined again and possible engine damage now. However, the original cause of fuel system failure unknown. No fuel sample was taken the first time.

Dealer wont repair under warranty the 2nd time, they want me to turn it into insurance. I think they screwed up the first time and now they dont want to take responsibility? opinions? anybody have contact for a deere rep?
I have not been on here in a while...I will pm you my cell number and you can call me in the morning...If i don't answer leave your phone number and I will call back...Pretty bust lately....I am all about product support.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:54 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDSKIDSTEER View Post
I have not been on here in a while...I will pm you my cell number and you can call me in the morning...If i don't answer leave your phone number and I will call back...Pretty bust lately....I am all about product support.
JD..just and FTI, but I think he got in touch with someone through the Deere Corporate website.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digdeep View Post
JD..just and FTI, but I think he got in touch with someone through the Deere Corporate website.
Good deal....Hope they took care of him.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

pm'd you JD. Thanks for reply. Digdeep is correct, waiting on call from area rep this week.