Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-24-2013, 09:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Kubota ZG123S-48 - 23 hp Kohler Courage Pro - 44 lbs TQ

Fuel tank is below the seat ,lowers CG, Adj Seat - non folding ROPS - Deck thinner than the BB - Low Profile tires - rear hitch included

O% 36 month financing fees $100 , require adding to home insurance or Kubota insurance $7 per month

4 year /300 hr warranty

Was tested 4 years prior to release

Or

BB ZT Elite - 48 27 hp Kohler Courage Pro - 43lbs Tq

0% financing includes $130 fees - Thicker deck - Deck has Front & Rear Anti Scalp wheels - Lift to access to belts -
Old 02-24-2013, 12:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTOX View Post
Kubota ZG123S-48 - 23 hp Kohler Courage Pro - 44 lbs TQ
Fuel tank is below the seat ,lowers CG, Adj Seat - non folding ROPS - Deck thinner than the BB - Low Profile tires - rear hitch included

O% 36 month financing fees $100 , require adding to home insurance or Kubota insurance $7 per month

4 year /300 hr warranty

Was tested 4 years prior to release

Or

BB ZT Elite - 48 27 hp Kohler Courage Pro - 43lbs Tq
0% financing includes $130 fees - Thicker deck - Deck has Front & Rear Anti Scalp wheels - Lift to access to belts -
Just an FYI-
If you are basing your decision to buy, off either of those two torque numbers (which you must be somewhat since you threw them out there), you are being mislead. The Kohler Pro 23 is true rated at 20.4 HP & 36.8 ft lbs torque, and the 27 at 23.5 HP & 36.9 ft lbs torque. In reality, the 27 is better in both departments, though the actual difference in torque is a non issue. Cut some thick grass with either enigine on the same machine though and the 27 will easily out perform the 23.

The true rated numbers are shown at the bottom of the spec list for each engine on Kohler's site. The ones you cited are the old numbers they used under the old non realistic, overinflated J1940 system. They are taking forever to switch over the the true rating system so they can sell off all their NOS engines.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:34 PM
LawnSite Member

2013 Kubota ZG-100

What is the designed life of the Kohlers? Web forums mentions 1200 to 2k Hrs

Difference and design life in the Kawasaki FR 726cc offered for $200 more on the BB?

Resale value between the Kubota and BB
Old 02-24-2013, 04:49 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Engine life depends on your maintinance. Running with dirty air filters shortens the life big time. Also not cleaning the crap off the engin will make it over heat which is a nono.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Was looking at this unit, going to dealer some time this wk to check it out. What's your guys opinion on buying this or a used Hustler fastrak super duty 54" deck from private owner with 70hrs and 1 1/2 yrs old? Will warranty transfer with the hustler? Not using commercialy,just like the quality of the hustler for the money
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-22-2013, 08:08 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

How many acres do you have?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-22-2013, 08:19 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezer1 View Post
Was looking at this unit, going to dealer some time this wk to check it out. What's your guys opinion on buying this or a used Hustler fastrak super duty 54" deck from private owner with 70hrs and 1 1/2 yrs old? Will warranty transfer with the hustler? Not using commercialy,just like the quality of the hustler for the money
Posted via Mobile Device
I would not buy the Hustler. Mine was a money pit and all models use a lot of the same parts.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Sorry to hear about your hustler Gene, interested to know what problems you had. I'm mowing a little over an acre now but might be moving with more acreage in mind no more than 5
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-23-2013, 08:59 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezer1 View Post
Sorry to hear about your hustler Gene, interested to know what problems you had. I'm mowing a little over an acre now but might be moving with more acreage in mind no more than 5
Posted via Mobile Device
I had a wide range of problems, pto clutchs, wheel motors, hydro pumps, spindle bearings, belt pullys. I should have junked it early on but I owed too much money on it. If you are only going to mow your own lawn, you probely will not have much trouble. Heat was the main killer to my machine. It was designed more for flat land. I had a lot of steep mowning and when you run steep grades it creats a lot of heat. The hydro system needed to have a larger tank and a better way of disapating the heat from the oil. I had tight routes and the mower didn't have a chance to cool off inbetween customers. Most days it ran 4-5 hours steady with out shutting down. It was very easy to have brown spots (burnt grass) from stoping to move objects out of the way.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
Whell your talking about steping up to a wet clutch pto, faster speed, kubota built pumps, kubota gas engines and so on. This is a mower built to compete with the cheapest deere's and toro's. You can't do that when a good engine alone retails at close to 2 grand retail.
Posted via Mobile Device
That is bullspit. I'm demo'ing one for the weekend and the junk Deere's and toro's don't hold a candle to these Kubota's. Grant it for every 10 posts that you read on here about the Kohlers being junk, you'll read 10 more that say the Briggs are junk, blah blah blah, you can't keep up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinMan1 View Post
I didn't notice the ROPS nope don't want it without fold down
Posted via Mobile Device
The ROPS not folding down is not an issue in the least bit. It' s maybe 5' 10"-6' off the ground and if you have branches hanging down below that it's time to get out your saw.

Does anyone own one of these ZG's or actually have experience with them? Thanks. Grady