Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-09-2013, 10:24 AM
LawnSite Member

so does the E-series have a real sound proof pressurized cab yet?
Old 02-09-2013, 03:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodirtinc View Post
so does the E-series have a real sound proof pressurized cab yet?
They claimed that the D series was pressurized, but everyone I spoke to, including three salesmen I know said that they leaked like crazy where the ROPS comes down on the bathtub/footwell.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digdeep View Post
They claimed that the D series was pressurized, but everyone I spoke to, including three salesmen I know said that they leaked like crazy where the ROPS comes down on the bathtub/footwell.
I've not seen this at all. Had some early 2010 units that had door sealing issues tho.

E Series:

-Keyless start option
-Ride control
-Self level up and down
-Return to dig (late 2013)
-Yanmar engines - Deere has been a partner with Yanmar since the 70's - I believe the engine decision is due to cost IMO.
-Std controls JY ISO
EH, ISO - JY
EH, H-JY
EH, Foot
OR optional EH, ISO + H + Foot switchable controls all on one machine.
-Relocated Spool Valve opening the foot well area to flat and 24% larger
-Large frames same boom design
-Medium frames redesigned boom for better lifting, more height, more reach.
-able to adjust creep speed on the fly (with performance package) with switch located by the JY lever
-Redesigned engine side panels for much easier R&R panels for access.
-Connect under pressure auxiliary hydro connectors - going to a manifold.
-Medium frames QC are in the boom.

Some other stuff coming as well.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

A fully loaded 332E list is $71,000. Could buy it outright close to 60.
PJ trailers
Stihl handhelds
John Deere skids
Snow Ex spreaders
Arctic sectional plows

Old 02-24-2013, 04:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ran one Thursday...First impression very nice..We will see.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:57 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digdeep View Post
we have D series machines, 2010, one of the first ones to get to the dealer in Feb 2010 to 2012s... Where does the RIPS touch the footwell?

Our one 2010 unit, leaked a tiny bit around the top of the door, usually if it rained against the front of the machine, but its usually inside. Some clear silicone around the gasket, fixed that though.

Main issue on them is the handles/latches., what a major PITA, three of the machines are always NOT perfect in the latch assembly. Our one machine literally, the guy was stuck inside. We're now experts at knowing how and what to hit with the screw driver to pop the latch open from inside. Deere replaced or fixed them each time,but sucks to have to drop off at the dealer for service just for a door lock/latch.

the other issue especially after 1-3 years, is the window seal film/felt stuff between the two slider windows. I noticed on our 2012s, that its been replaced with a one piece, maybe it will fall off in 1-2yrs too, so not sure.

I need to order the updated material for the 2010 model because as soon as it becomes lose, or falls off, you have a gap there where air blows in.. and you'll notice it big time when its 15 degrees out and windy while doing some snow work.. heater and AC work great though.

Only have 393hrs on our 2010 unit so far and thats the highest hour machine, so can't say that they'll run flawlessly for 2000hrs..

For the engine comments, Deere has multiple variants of the engine avail. You can get higher tier rated engines of the same engine, so they do make them, and its unlikely they stop putting an engine they already produce into the machine only to have to buy someone else's engine to put into them. I bought these over the CAT units because they were a hair cheaper and had USA engines, and at that, proven engines where all of the skids, 4 and 5 cylinders, are essentially the same maintenance wise.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:59 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeereguy View Post
A fully loaded 332E list is $71,000. Could buy it outright close to 60.
Really? Ive never seen a 332"D" more than $55k+ tax.. they cant possibly add anything to a wheel skid steer to cost $71k... even a CAT 272C loaded up was less than 60k. You sure its not a track machine?
Old 02-25-2013, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramairfreak98ss View Post
For the engine comments, Deere has multiple variants of the engine avail. You can get higher tier rated engines of the same engine, so they do make them, and its unlikely they stop putting an engine they already produce into the machine only to have to buy someone else's engine to put into them. I bought these over the CAT units because they were a hair cheaper and had USA engines, and at that, proven engines where all of the skids, 4 and 5 cylinders, are essentially the same maintenance wise.
No more USA engines- all SSLs and CTLs will now use either a 3.1L or 3.3L four cyl Yanmar engine.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramairfreak98ss View Post
we have D series machines, 2010, one of the first ones to get to the dealer in Feb 2010 to 2012s... Where does the RIPS touch the footwell?

Our one 2010 unit, leaked a tiny bit around the top of the door, usually if it rained against the front of the machine, but its usually inside. Some clear silicone around the gasket, fixed that though.

Main issue on them is the handles/latches., what a major PITA, three of the machines are always NOT perfect in the latch assembly. Our one machine literally, the guy was stuck inside. We're now experts at knowing how and what to hit with the screw driver to pop the latch open from inside. Deere replaced or fixed them each time,but sucks to have to drop off at the dealer for service just for a door lock/latch.

the other issue especially after 1-3 years, is the window seal film/felt stuff between the two slider windows. I noticed on our 2012s, that its been replaced with a one piece, maybe it will fall off in 1-2yrs too, so not sure.

I need to order the updated material for the 2010 model because as soon as it becomes lose, or falls off, you have a gap there where air blows in.. and you'll notice it big time when its 15 degrees out and windy while doing some snow work.. heater and AC work great though.

Only have 393hrs on our 2010 unit so far and thats the highest hour machine, so can't say that they'll run flawlessly for 2000hrs..

They made changes to the front door to help correct the stubbern latch issues.

Talk to your dealer about the side windows as Deere may help out making your old side window assy replaced with new side window assy that have the newer seal design.

As for as engines go, no one in the skid steer market will be running a USA engine later this year going forward. Cat's engine was a Perkins and that is a European built engine. They are going to Kubota engines to meet emissions. Bobcat will be leaving Kubota and coming out with a new engine built by their parent company Doosan.

Deere's relationship with Yanmar goes all the way back into the 70's. The machines are designed, cut out, welded and assembled in Dubuque IA by a parent Company that is still one of the few oldest USA companies in existence. Besides Cat that's it in this business. Everyone else is foreign owned.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:31 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidsteerman View Post
As for as engines go, no one in the skid steer market will be running a USA engine later this year going forward. Cat's engine was a Perkins and that is a European built engine. They are going to Kubota engines to meet emissions. Bobcat will be leaving Kubota and coming out with a new engine built by their parent company Doosan.

Deere's relationship with Yanmar goes all the way back into the 70's. The machines are designed, cut out, welded and assembled in Dubuque IA by a parent Company that is still one of the few oldest USA companies in existence. Besides Cat that's it in this business. Everyone else is foreign owned.
Actually, the 2.2L Perkins engine for CAT has been built in Griffin GA since 2004 and the 3.3L that they use is not a Perkins built engine, but a Mitsubishi instead.

If I'm not mistaken, Deere used to brand Yanmar tractors back in the early days (kind of like Cub Cadet now) and that is where their relationship started.