Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-24-2013, 06:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondragon Lawn Serv View Post
sorry forgot the pics
Looks good. We have a hard time getiting knock-out roses that size. And do you put any kind of starter on them? They tell me color spot has one of their subs near Giddings somewhere.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:16 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Question, do you trim your sasanquas (camellias) like a normal hedge? One of our customers wants the "natural" look. They are next to a house and the previous company let them get too tall. They were just trimming them like a normal hedge. Any thoughts on this? I am probably going to hack quite a bit off and let them grow out???? Not sure yet.
People pay you to hold their hand. If you don't like doing it, then you are in the wrong business.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
Looks good. We have a hard time getiting knock-out roses that size. And do you put any kind of starter on them? They tell me color spot has one of their subs near Giddings somewhere.
Most of our installs are at new homes. We bring in a mix soil/ rose mix soil and they've done great for us. We do fertilization once we maintain the property as a monthly customer. There's some rose fertilizer that we get from John Deere Landscape supplier and has worked great on already established knockouts. The biggest issue is usually the soils Ph level hence why we usually bring our own soils. Hope I was able to.help somehow
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-25-2013, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegyver View Post
Question, do you trim your sasanquas (camellias) like a normal hedge? One of our customers wants the "natural" look. They are next to a house and the previous company let them get too tall. They were just trimming them like a normal hedge. Any thoughts on this? I am probably going to hack quite a bit off and let them grow out???? Not sure yet.
The best thing is to let it grow out but remember they don't grow fast. I would say leave it as is and just let it grow and as it grows take out unwanted and shape it up. They're gorgeous plants and usually hard to grow down here BC it's so hot. Most of ours are under large tress and have done well thank goodness for big trees
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-16-2013, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It's been a great year so far we have past half of last years revenue in a little less than three months so I'm glad in the direction we're going this year. It's been a few stressful days and night with lots of work and long nights dealing with my last semester in college. as for now this is what we have so far. Simple new home installation and just a little stripes for the new season, we need the rain badly!!
Attached Images

Old 03-18-2013, 11:31 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Read through a good chunk of this....you have a really great business going there!

Just out of curiosity, what makes you want to go with the Wright ZK over another Toro Grandstad? a few pages ago you were praising the Toro and I see now that you would like to buy the Wright? I have Wrights myself and I think they are a fantastic machine, just curious what sparked your change of heart from the Toro.

My Pictures:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=302091
Old 03-18-2013, 04:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRi24 View Post
Read through a good chunk of this....you have a really great business going there!

Just out of curiosity, what makes you want to go with the Wright ZK over another Toro Grandstad? a few pages ago you were praising the Toro and I see now that you would like to buy the Wright? I have Wrights myself and I think they are a fantastic machine, just curious what sparked your change of heart from the Toro.
We have not decided on which mower to get yet we're still looking at our options. The grandstand is superior on the small 36" deck I prefer the wider.tires that the rapid height from wright and to me the deck is better on the toro. We tried out the zk but are still attempting to get a grandstand demo 60" with the efi. It's gonna be hard to beat the zk though. The engine and toros deck is what's keeping us from purchasing the zk right now. Every mower has ups and downs you gotta go with the one that gives you the most ups and not what people like. It's a business so we need to do business decisions
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-18-2013, 04:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Finally made my way throught the whole thread. Everything looks really nice! Keep it up

PlowSite-SnowFakers
Old 03-18-2013, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondragon Lawn Serv View Post
We have not decided on which mower to get yet we're still looking at our options. The grandstand is superior on the small 36" deck I prefer the wider.tires that the rapid height from wright and to me the deck is better on the toro. We tried out the zk but are still attempting to get a grandstand demo 60" with the efi. It's gonna be hard to beat the zk though. The engine and toros deck is what's keeping us from purchasing the zk right now. Every mower has ups and downs you gotta go with the one that gives you the most ups and not what people like. It's a business so we need to do business decisions
Posted via Mobile Device
You're right about that! If it helps any, I have been very pleased with my Wright I'll be going into the 3rd season with it now and I have nothing bad to say about it.

My Pictures:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=302091
Old 03-19-2013, 09:30 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Looking good man!
People pay you to hold their hand. If you don't like doing it, then you are in the wrong business.