Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #371  
Old 02-24-2013, 06:42 PM
ed2hess's Avatar
ed2hess ed2hess is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Austin Texas 78727
Posts: 11,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondragon Lawn Serv View Post
sorry forgot the pics
Looks good. We have a hard time getiting knock-out roses that size. And do you put any kind of starter on them? They tell me color spot has one of their subs near Giddings somewhere.
Reply With Quote
  #372  
Old 02-25-2013, 10:16 AM
Mikegyver Mikegyver is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Longview TX
Posts: 1,788
Question, do you trim your sasanquas (camellias) like a normal hedge? One of our customers wants the "natural" look. They are next to a house and the previous company let them get too tall. They were just trimming them like a normal hedge. Any thoughts on this? I am probably going to hack quite a bit off and let them grow out???? Not sure yet.
__________________
Scag, Exmark, Honda, Shindaiwa, Redmax. Commercial and residential Lawncare, Irrigation (LI and BPAT), and Landscaping. Fully insured.
Mikegyver Pics Thread
Quote:
People pay you to hold their hand. If you don't like doing it, then you are in the wrong business.
Reply With Quote
  #373  
Old 02-25-2013, 08:30 PM
Mondragon Lawn Serv's Avatar
Mondragon Lawn Serv Mondragon Lawn Serv is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Houston, texas
Posts: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
Looks good. We have a hard time getiting knock-out roses that size. And do you put any kind of starter on them? They tell me color spot has one of their subs near Giddings somewhere.
Most of our installs are at new homes. We bring in a mix soil/ rose mix soil and they've done great for us. We do fertilization once we maintain the property as a monthly customer. There's some rose fertilizer that we get from John Deere Landscape supplier and has worked great on already established knockouts. The biggest issue is usually the soils Ph level hence why we usually bring our own soils. Hope I was able to.help somehow
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #374  
Old 02-25-2013, 08:34 PM
Mondragon Lawn Serv's Avatar
Mondragon Lawn Serv Mondragon Lawn Serv is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Houston, texas
Posts: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegyver View Post
Question, do you trim your sasanquas (camellias) like a normal hedge? One of our customers wants the "natural" look. They are next to a house and the previous company let them get too tall. They were just trimming them like a normal hedge. Any thoughts on this? I am probably going to hack quite a bit off and let them grow out???? Not sure yet.
The best thing is to let it grow out but remember they don't grow fast. I would say leave it as is and just let it grow and as it grows take out unwanted and shape it up. They're gorgeous plants and usually hard to grow down here BC it's so hot. Most of ours are under large tress and have done well thank goodness for big trees
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #375  
Old 03-16-2013, 11:54 PM
Mondragon Lawn Serv's Avatar
Mondragon Lawn Serv Mondragon Lawn Serv is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Houston, texas
Posts: 452
It's been a great year so far we have past half of last years revenue in a little less than three months so I'm glad in the direction we're going this year. It's been a few stressful days and night with lots of work and long nights dealing with my last semester in college. as for now this is what we have so far. Simple new home installation and just a little stripes for the new season, we need the rain badly!!
Attached Images
   
__________________
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #376  
Old 03-18-2013, 11:31 AM
RLS24's Avatar
RLS24 RLS24 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Amherst, NY
Posts: 1,551
Read through a good chunk of this....you have a really great business going there!

Just out of curiosity, what makes you want to go with the Wright ZK over another Toro Grandstad? a few pages ago you were praising the Toro and I see now that you would like to buy the Wright? I have Wrights myself and I think they are a fantastic machine, just curious what sparked your change of heart from the Toro.
__________________
Chevy and Ford trucks, Wright & Toro mowers, Echo 2-cycle, too much other stuff to list......

My Pictures:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=302091
Reply With Quote
  #377  
Old 03-18-2013, 04:52 PM
Mondragon Lawn Serv's Avatar
Mondragon Lawn Serv Mondragon Lawn Serv is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Houston, texas
Posts: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRi24 View Post
Read through a good chunk of this....you have a really great business going there!

Just out of curiosity, what makes you want to go with the Wright ZK over another Toro Grandstad? a few pages ago you were praising the Toro and I see now that you would like to buy the Wright? I have Wrights myself and I think they are a fantastic machine, just curious what sparked your change of heart from the Toro.
We have not decided on which mower to get yet we're still looking at our options. The grandstand is superior on the small 36" deck I prefer the wider.tires that the rapid height from wright and to me the deck is better on the toro. We tried out the zk but are still attempting to get a grandstand demo 60" with the efi. It's gonna be hard to beat the zk though. The engine and toros deck is what's keeping us from purchasing the zk right now. Every mower has ups and downs you gotta go with the one that gives you the most ups and not what people like. It's a business so we need to do business decisions
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #378  
Old 03-18-2013, 04:58 PM
LandFakers's Avatar
LandFakers LandFakers is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 5,690
Finally made my way throught the whole thread. Everything looks really nice! Keep it up
__________________
Rob

PlowSite-SnowFakers
Reply With Quote
  #379  
Old 03-18-2013, 08:21 PM
RLS24's Avatar
RLS24 RLS24 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Amherst, NY
Posts: 1,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondragon Lawn Serv View Post
We have not decided on which mower to get yet we're still looking at our options. The grandstand is superior on the small 36" deck I prefer the wider.tires that the rapid height from wright and to me the deck is better on the toro. We tried out the zk but are still attempting to get a grandstand demo 60" with the efi. It's gonna be hard to beat the zk though. The engine and toros deck is what's keeping us from purchasing the zk right now. Every mower has ups and downs you gotta go with the one that gives you the most ups and not what people like. It's a business so we need to do business decisions
Posted via Mobile Device
You're right about that! If it helps any, I have been very pleased with my Wright I'll be going into the 3rd season with it now and I have nothing bad to say about it.
__________________
Chevy and Ford trucks, Wright & Toro mowers, Echo 2-cycle, too much other stuff to list......

My Pictures:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=302091
Reply With Quote
  #380  
Old 03-19-2013, 09:30 AM
Mikegyver Mikegyver is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Longview TX
Posts: 1,788
Looking good man!
__________________
Scag, Exmark, Honda, Shindaiwa, Redmax. Commercial and residential Lawncare, Irrigation (LI and BPAT), and Landscaping. Fully insured.
Mikegyver Pics Thread
Quote:
People pay you to hold their hand. If you don't like doing it, then you are in the wrong business.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:11 AM.

Page generated in 0.08314 seconds with 10 queries