Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-17-2013, 02:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm kinda mad at Bob, cuz he was out of town (Boston turfgrass show) when I was in Casa Grande last week to visit. lol

Not sure, but I think the B & B carrier rack is all steel??? We had ours made locally. Light weight and 'dual receivers' instead of one. The ramps & platform are aluminum. We also remove the spare tire from our 2500 HD pickup trucks. 300 gallon spray tank (usually only carry 75 - 150 gallons), 40 bags of fert, carrier rack w/T3000 = no prob. You can see pics of our racks here -- just search for dual receiver carrier racks. I've seen other guys fabricate theirs too. We hate pulling trailers, but I think most T3000 owners use trailers, cuz they often haul mowers too..
Old 02-18-2013, 10:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHARLES CUE View Post
I understand your though on the wight on the back of the truck but i would say that most trucks with a trailer have just as much tounge as i do with a carrier and my T3000 on it after running this for 3 years there is no harm to the truck

I think that Ray has bad luck with a lot of thing

Good morning Bob hope the world is being good to you

Charles Cue
Hey thanks guys and you Charles. Live is good and living in Arizona is much nicer than Nebraska. Gonna be 73 today but I still have to travel back to snow country. Going to Salt Lake City to give a talk on Calibration / Application later this week and I got caught in the Boston storm two weeks ago. But weekends are great and I have a beautiful Rye Grass lawn this winter. Have to mow it way too much..
Old 02-23-2013, 07:28 PM
LawnSite Member

How can you carry all that weight on a 2500 truck!??
Old 02-24-2013, 12:10 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Not only that...How the HELL do you fit 40- 50lb bags of fert in the same truck bed with a 300 gal tank?? Whether it is empty or not, makes no difference. I have a 2006 2500hd Long Bed(8 ft) with a Westheffer 300 gal spray unit in the back. No way will 40 bags fit in there too unless I stack them on top of the tank....
Old 02-24-2013, 06:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 2005 hd cab and 1/2 6 ft bed

And i can put 22 bags in the back seat 60 gal water tank a box for chem and anothe 20 bags in the bed and a T3000 on the back

But with a 200 gal skid there's not much room in the bed for much

Charles Cue
Old 02-24-2013, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Charles, 20 bags in the back...I'll give him that. I could probably do that when stacked just right. 40 bags...I say BULL

However, we don't use bags of fert for arm rests in the cab of the truck.

If you need to carry 40 bags of fert, you need a different setup....perhaps a flatbed or a box truck.
...or in my case, a trailer.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post
Charles, 20 bags in the back...I'll give him that. I could probably do that when stacked just right. 40 bags...I say BULL

However, we don't use bags of fert for arm rests in the cab of the truck.

If you need to carry 40 bags of fert, you need a different setup....perhaps a flatbed or a box truck.
...or in my case, a trailer.
Yes you are right that's why i have changed trucks. I have a trailer but don't care for that set up but i do use it on my large jobs when you need 2 palets a day

Charles Cue
Old 02-25-2013, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

6 1/2 foot bed??? = "grocery getters" (I see them all the time). Runnin' 1/2 ton "grocery-getter pick up trucks" ain't "commercial grade" by our standards.

For anybody that questions our number of bags carried, liqiud, plus our T-3000 units, please feel free to visit us in person.

Got over 30 year's of experiencce.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Who knew? Take a look at our sponsor's link.Think about the EZ Hauler. See Source One in the upper left corner. Yellow animated ad.
They show an excellent ride-on/aerator carrier.
http://www.sourceoneope.com/ezHaulr.html

Up to 500 pounds. Hitch mount.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:49 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Riggle, Thats a quality looking rack. I didn't see a price.

Charles, I too have a 3/4 ton pickup(K2500) with a 6.5 foot bed.(crew cab) It is not a "grocery getter", but it does bring home the bacon. It has the towing package which includes heavy duty springs and a Class V receiver, not the typical Class III. Definitely commercial... I could carry chems and fert in the cab but choose not to. It has a 300 gal low profile tank sprayer in it but there is not room for anything else really.

Each individual does what they have to so they can get the job done. That's what matters.