Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-27-2013, 11:53 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassGuerilla View Post
Herler, I've thought on this a minute now. If you want to come drive my truck and trailer full of gear in either north St Louis, or east St Louis around 3:30-4:00 on a Friday afternoon. Ill cut the grass, you just watch the truck. k sweety?

Ill bet you'll revise your "gun policy".
Posted via Mobile Device
My wife grew up in Edwardsville IL, so we are in the area during visits, I have been through East St. Louis. Your not kidding!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-27-2013, 12:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
My wife grew up in Edwardsville IL, so we are in the area during visits, I have been through East St. Louis. Your not kidding!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
actually I won't work in E. St Louis anymore. No CC there. Just too dangerous a place.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by GrassGuerilla; 02-27-2013 at 12:20 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:58 PM
LawnSite Member

I carry a s&w bodyguard .380 everywhere i go. if i stumble on a gun free zone i leave it in my vehicle. The population of people against guns needs to have their head checked. With the crazy world we live in every law abiding person should have some form of protection.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't know what region and neighborhood everyone is mowing in, but if I have to post an armed guard to cut a 40 dollar account, I'm probably gonna rethink my business model.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groomer View Post
Don't know what region and neighborhood everyone is mowing in, but if I have to post an armed guard to cut a 40 dollar account, I'm probably gonna rethink my business model.
Im with groomer on this one. If you have to worry about being shot or robbed while mowing i think id find some different accounts.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

You better believe I carry a gun. I keep it under the console on my benchseat. Also have a baseball bat.

But you gotta remember if a cop pulls you over just pull it out and put it somewhere clearly visible, and when the officer walks up, make sure you establish right away that you have a gun in the truck. They'll bust your ass about that if you dont.
-Grasshopper front mount 61", gravely 52"
-36" Gravely Walkbehind, 21" exmark push mower
-Stihl everything
Old 02-27-2013, 03:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowleak1 View Post
Just remember, those dont do much good in a gunfight lol
yeah i just don't see the point of someone holding me at gunpoint to steal a trimmer or a blower or something? is that really worth going to prison for?

i'd let them take whatever they wanted but i would track them down. if i had to i'd run over them with my truck while they were riding away on my mower.

if they are gonna shoot me over a lawnmower then i think i'd be better off dead than living with people like that around.

what's next? they gonna shoot you for a $1 bill? i mean come on man. get a life.

people that steal do it when you aren't around for the most part. they don't go looking for a confrontation.

Last edited by weeze; 02-27-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

if you did have a gun and shot someone to protect yourself they would find a way to put you in prison for life. this country is pathetic these days.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:01 PM
LawnSite Member

My wife and I both carry concealed 24/7 and I keep another gun in my truck at all times.

I have two daughters. One daughter and her husband carry concealed all the time. My other daughter and her husband just completed their concealed carry class and are trying to decide which handguns they are going to carry. I have a son who doesn't carry and has no interest in firearms.

For myself, I carry because it's about the only chance you have of saving your life if attacked. I'm also a strong advocate of personal liberties and supporting the 2nd amendment is one way of taking a stand against an overreaching federal government.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsLawnCare1 View Post
yeah i just don't see the point of someone holding me at gunpoint to steal a trimmer or a blower or something? is that really worth going to prison for?

Edit: no, it's not worth going to prison for. More likely, the person approaching will ask nicely for a smoke, or ask if you can spare "bus fare"? Then when you pull your wallet (or refuse) they pull a gun, or knife. Something like "give me your truck keys b*+ch!" Possibly killing you regardless of your cooperation.

i'd let them take whatever they wanted but i would track them down. if i had to i'd run over them with my truck while they were riding away on my mower.

Edit: see above tuff guy.

if they are gonna shoot me over a lawnmower then i think i'd be better off dead than living with people like that around.

Edit: unfortunately there are "people like that around". I have a responsibility to my family, I can't afford your cavalier attitude.

what's next? they gonna shoot you for a $1 bill? i mean come on man. get a life.

Edit: pretty close. Young lady got shot in a nice area called the Central west end (of St Louis) for her Iphone. We carry tens of thousands of dollars in tools.

people that steal do it when you aren't around for the most part. they don't go looking for a confrontation.
Edit: your right. Most thieves are sneaky low life's that avoid confrontation. Then there are the opportunist that happen upon some unsuspecting hard working contractor. Even working in "good neighborhoods" in the city presents potential for confrontation.

Keep your head buried. My eyes are wide open. Also see the story about the former Gov of Mo getting robbed by a man with a gas can.
Posted via Mobile Device