Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-24-2013, 01:31 PM
LawnSite Member

I want the tracks to hold up, and having an onsite failure would be horrible on some of the properties that I work on.... steep hills with nothing but the lake to stop you. Also, I am going to have to replace most of the bottom rollers so this is going to be painful.

I always tell my potential customers that you get what you pay for.... this late into winter its hard to follow my own advice, thanks for guidance.

Adam
Old 02-26-2013, 05:12 PM
LawnSite Member

These..... http://www.tracksandtires.com/img/ct...er-track-E.jpg

I am beyond impressed with these tracks.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:43 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by excav8ter View Post
These..... http://www.tracksandtires.com/img/ct...er-track-E.jpg

I am beyond impressed with these tracks.
Tell me more... What are they on? How many hours? How much? What do you do with them?
Old 02-27-2013, 10:05 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunriseGardens View Post
Tell me more... What are they on? How many hours? How much? What do you do with them?
Sorry....they are on my TL130...I have about 1400 hours on them so far. I expect to put another 400 on them this year and then replace them next winter. I do residential and commercial excavation work, as well as sewer, water and storm sewer work. And quite a bit of concrete and asphalt removal.The ground conditions are clay, gravel, sand and beach sand. I will be buying another set just like these.
I paid $2,100 delivered for the tracks and sprockets.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-27-2013, 10:49 AM
LawnSite Member

We have the same ones.....camoplast/solideal.

The machine was used when we got it and had a set that were quite worn. Replaced with the same tracks and kept one as a spare.

I have seen quite a few Tl130's running these tracks. I like them, although not a lot to compare to either.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:01 PM
LawnSite Member

I think they call them the "B" pattern. ...I had a set of Dominion tracks, prior to these, and they were junk from the get go....but I still squeaked 900hrs out of them. The Solideal tracks ride good and get great traction too. If it's really muddy and slippery you have be a little careful when applying power to the tracks...if you apply the power slowly, you can crawl out some pretty slippery places. They are good in snow too.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-27-2013, 03:12 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm in the same boat with my TL130 I"m still on the orginial OEM Bridgestones and hoping to make another 200-300hrs. I'd like to stay with the originial OEM which I haven't priced yet just have heard the sticker shock, but I've seen several machines with the Solideal/Camplast tracks that excav8ter is talking about. I don't put a ton of hours on my machine but still want a quality track, and I also go by the saying "Get what you pay for". How turf friendly are the Solideals, I want something that will get good traction for pushing and wet material.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtwerks View Post
I'm in the same boat with my TL130 I"m still on the orginal OEM Bridgestones and hoping to make another 200-300hrs. I'd like to stay with the original OEM which I haven't priced yet just have heard the sticker shock, but I've seen several machines with the Solideal/Camoplast tracks that excav8ter is talking about. I don't put a ton of hours on my machine but still want a quality track, and I also go by the saying "Get what you pay for". How turf friendly are the Solideals, I want something that will get good traction for pushing and wet material.
I run on lawns with mine very frequently....i generally stagger my tracks, when i go back and forth on turf.
I priced out OEM tracks, and they were double what the Solideal tracks were. I am not abusive to my tracks, because i want to get every dollars worth of value out of them, however...between back filling basements, removing concrete and asphalt and clearing brush and small stumps, i do put them through a lot.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:22 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by excav8ter View Post
Sorry....they are on my TL130...I have about 1400 hours on them so far. I expect to put another 400 on them this year and then replace them next winter. I do residential and commercial excavation work, as well as sewer, water and storm sewer work. And quite a bit of concrete and asphalt removal.The ground conditions are clay, gravel, sand and beach sand. I will be buying another set just like these.
I paid $2,100 delivered for the tracks and sprockets.
Posted via Mobile Device
How many hours did you get out of the oem tracks?
Old 02-27-2013, 08:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info. I emailed that web link that you posted earlier.

Excavator you mentioned that you got new spockets.... do you mean the drive sprockets, or bottom rollers?

Thanks again