Register free!

Old 02-27-2013, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonslawnmanagement View Post
I remember when we came up with this a while back Ted. I did the very same set up after we talked about it on here. I'll try to post some pics.
Posted via Mobile Device
Cool. I'd love to see the pics. I only had one of those stihl backpacks. I loved the backpack...the short time that it actually worked. Once the first set of seals in the pump fried, it never worked right again. That took about 10 months. It works great for what its used for now. I only wish I had another one of those tanks...

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor
Old 04-09-2014, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I brought this old thread up again because I wanted to stay on subject here and also I'm having a problem that I'm wondering if anyone has done anything about themselves.

We are using the Z's to spray our pre's on all of our larger lawns this year. We have never done this before though we have done some spraying with them all along. We are filling them multiple times per day. We've really noticed that when full or very close to it and we go over rough areas and the liquid sloshes that it sucks the lid ventilation mechanism down but before it can close on the upslosh(for lack of a better term) the tank will spit a tablespoon or so a foot or 2 into the air spraying mix on us while driving it's aggravating and not really safe. My question is:

Has anyone out there altered their lids or added a different one way valve for ventilation or done anything to correct this problem? We've cleaned the spring loaded factory setup even lubricated the spring but it still does this... It's starting to piss us off.

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor
Old 04-10-2014, 06:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ted, I have seen this a little but not to the extent you have. My problem is the tank lid leaks around the threads. I believe GC has a vent that could get added to the lid.
Dultmeir has them( Polypropylene Vacuum Vent )Page 272 or the Blue Storage Tank section.

Training them early

Last edited by Falcon50EX; 04-10-2014 at 07:02 AM.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post
It finally allowed the other 2
Just looking back on this thread ?? Ted Whats the knife for on your Z.

Training them early
Old 04-10-2014, 08:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Zombies...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-10-2014, 09:02 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Thanks Falcon, I'll look into those vents.

We use those knives to keep "Bitchy" customers in line. Nothing like the threat of physical harm to change a persons attitude.

Actually, those are A.M. Leonard soil knives. We use them to quickly dig scattered Dallisgrass clumps in lawns as we are going over them. They have been very handy.

While it could work on Zombies I suppose, I don't really want to get that close to a zombie. For that, I would prefer the weapons I've seen on the "slingshot channel" on youtube. Joerg is pretty awesome.

Y'all have a great day. We're busy,busy,busy.

Old 04-10-2014, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post
Thanks Falcon, I'll look into those vents.

We use those knives to keep "Bitchy" customers in line. Nothing like the threat of physical harm to change a persons attitude.

Actually, those are A.M. Leonard soil knives. We use them to quickly dig scattered Dallisgrass clumps in lawns as we are going over them. They have been very handy.

While it could work on Zombies I suppose, I don't really want to get that close to a zombie. For that, I would prefer the weapons I've seen on the "slingshot channel" on youtube. Joerg is pretty awesome.

Y'all have a great day. We're busy,busy,busy.
Check out "toilet brush slingshot" on youtube.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon50EX View Post
Ted, I have seen this a little but not to the extent you have. My problem is the tank lid leaks around the threads. I believe GC has a vent that could get added to the lid.
Dultmeir has them( Polypropylene Vacuum Vent )Page 272 or the Blue Storage Tank section.
Are the rubber seals still stuck in the lids or are they lost? I have had mine come loose and drop out before but luckily have always found them.

Terry
Old 04-10-2014, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond S. View Post
Zombies...
Posted via Mobile Device
I think I want something more than a knife..don't know what it would be though. lol

Terry
Old 04-10-2014, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

You've never lived til ya been arms length from a zombie. I suppose a Springfield 45 would work too.
Posted via Mobile Device