Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-27-2013, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

oh trust me my eyes are open.

there's more than one way to skin a cat.

i'm not against guns at all. i live in alabama. every person here owns guns. i have like 20 of them at my house.

i just don't carry a gun on my side all of the time.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsLawnCare1 View Post

what's next? they gonna shoot you for a $1 bill? i mean come on man. get a life.

people that steal do it when you aren't around for the most part. they don't go looking for a confrontation.
AGhahahaha! Lmao!! Are you serious? "people that steal do it when you aren't around for the most part. they don't go looking for a confrontation"?? I cannot believe you just said that! Well, maybe if you would have said it a few years ago I would have believed it..
Last year I was at a busy intersection in Decatur GA (I had stopped for a red light) when I witnessed a pedestrian pull out a gun and point it at the Isuzu NPR across the busy intersection and made the Hispanic grew get out of the truck so that he could jack it.. And he did!! He took off with that landscape truck like it was his!! Right in the middle of a very busy intersection with sh*t loads of people watching!!! I was flabbergasted!! The light had turned green and I still couldn't drive off because I was in shock that someone was bold enough to do something like that!!
If that was me I would have gotten off the truck and turned around and had my Glock in the back of his head!

F150 Ext Cab Long Bed
Carry-On 5x10 Open trailer
48" John Deere HD75 Hydro w/ Floating deck & Sulky
36" Bobcat WB Fixed Deck w/ Sulky
Turfco WB Aerator
Scotts Industrial Tiller
Honda 3000 PSI Pressure Washer
Little Wonder 9HP Blower
Stihl BR 600 Magnum Blower
Stihl Br 550 Magnum Blower
Stihl Fs 130
Stihl HL 100 Hedge Trimmer
Stihl MS 170 Chain Saw
Echo SRM 250 Trimmer
Echo PE 225 Edger
Old 02-27-2013, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseMan89 View Post
AGhahahaha! Lmao!! Are you serious? "people that steal do it when you aren't around for the most part. they don't go looking for a confrontation"?? I cannot believe you just said that! Well, maybe if you would have said it a few years ago I would have believed it..
Last year I was at a busy intersection in Decatur GA (I had stopped for a red light) when I witnessed a pedestrian pull out a gun and point it at the Isuzu NPR across the busy intersection and made the Hispanic grew get out of the truck so that he could jack it.. And he did!! He took off with that landscape truck like it was his!! Right in the middle of a very busy intersection with sh*t loads of people watching!!! I was flabbergasted!! The light had turned green and I still couldn't drive off because I was in shock that someone was bold enough to do something like that!!
If that was me I would have gotten off the truck and turned around and had my Glock in the back of his head!
all you had to do was call the cops on your cell phone and he would've been stopped before he got to where he was going. you are dumb for not taking action.

let's say you had a gun. as soon as you jumped out of the truck he would see you had a gun and fire on you before you could fire at him. he has the advantage since his gun is already pulled first.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:49 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
all you had to do was call the cops on your cell phone and he would've been stopped before he got to where he was going. you are dumb for not taking action.

let's say you had a gun. as soon as you jumped out of the truck he would see you had a gun and fire on you before you could fire at him. he has the advantage since his gun is already pulled first.
I saw two guys get out of their cars and got on their phones.. Obviously calling the police. And they were talking to the workers who got jacked and I could tell they were all in shock as well.. So the situation was being handled..

And if I was in that situation, I wouldn't have had my gun out as I got out of the truck so he could see it... I would have gotten out with my gun concealed, and as soon as he gave me his back and attempted to get into the truck, I would have pulled mine out..
Please don't call names.. If anything, you're dumb.. You're dumb for saying that a thief/robber wouldn't steal in front of you and that he would avoid confrontation (WRONG)! And you're also dumb for thinking that someone would attempt to pull their gun out in front of the robber who already has theirs drawn.. Wrong again, dummy.

F150 Ext Cab Long Bed
Carry-On 5x10 Open trailer
48" John Deere HD75 Hydro w/ Floating deck & Sulky
36" Bobcat WB Fixed Deck w/ Sulky
Turfco WB Aerator
Scotts Industrial Tiller
Honda 3000 PSI Pressure Washer
Little Wonder 9HP Blower
Stihl BR 600 Magnum Blower
Stihl Br 550 Magnum Blower
Stihl Fs 130
Stihl HL 100 Hedge Trimmer
Stihl MS 170 Chain Saw
Echo SRM 250 Trimmer
Echo PE 225 Edger
Old 02-28-2013, 08:08 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Very ugly situation. If one was situationally aware of a man approaching the truck, now is the time to have a gun drawn and ready. A stranger approaching my truck at an intersection would be cause for concern. You could make a strong argument that you shot him when he pulled his weapon "because you feared for your life". If you got out of the vehicle, didn't get shot, or shot at. And then shot the car jacker in the back of his head, now your in a very tough place to legally defend yourself. You can defend yourself (and in some states your property) but you can't shoot a fleeing criminal. That's where manslaughter/ murder2 comes in.

And Jason, you sound painfully ignorant. Good luck.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-28-2013, 08:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseMan89 View Post
I saw two guys get out of their cars and got on their phones.. Obviously calling the police. And they were talking to the workers who got jacked and I could tell they were all in shock as well.. So the situation was being handled..

And if I was in that situation, I wouldn't have had my gun out as I got out of the truck so he could see it... I would have gotten out with my gun concealed, and as soon as he gave me his back and attempted to get into the truck, I would have pulled mine out..
Please don't call names.. If anything, you're dumb.. You're dumb for saying that a thief/robber wouldn't steal in front of you and that he would avoid confrontation (WRONG)! And you're also dumb for thinking that someone would attempt to pull their gun out in front of the robber who already has theirs drawn.. Wrong again, dummy.
I'm with MooseMan on this one. Thats the whole point of concealed weapons, so the potentially bad people don't see them if a situation were to arise. Which it did.

YardBros Outdoors
www.yardbros.com
2014 John Deere Z920M
2011 Husqvarna 5424 ZTR
(2) Craftsman Push Mowers
Stihl trimmers
Echo Blowers
6x10 open utility trailer
6x12 Enclosed Trailer
YardBros Outdoors
www.yardbros.com

Old 02-28-2013, 10:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
yeah i just don't see the point of someone holding me at gunpoint to steal a trimmer or a blower or something? is that really worth going to prison for?

i'd let them take whatever they wanted but i would track them down. if i had to i'd run over them with my truck while they were riding away on my mower.

if they are gonna shoot me over a lawnmower then i think i'd be better off dead than living with people like that around.

what's next? they gonna shoot you for a $1 bill? i mean come on man. get a life.

people that steal do it when you aren't around for the most part. they don't go looking for a confrontation.
Last month, near me, a young boy was shot and killed because the shooter wanted his new boots he just bought. This wasn't the first time either.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey our constitution guarantees us the right to bear arms, and I'm dang sure going to bear an arm when I'm riding around with $10,000 sitting on my trailer. They would have to shoot me or be shot before they get my stuff!

I honestly wouldnt want to have to do that, but I'm not going to risk what I've worked my whole life for to be stolen from me.
-Grasshopper front mount 61", gravely 52"
-36" Gravely Walkbehind, 21" exmark push mower
-Stihl everything
Old 02-28-2013, 12:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

hey more power to you guys. i hope you shoot all the bad guys. i don't like them either. i don't live in a high crime area though like some of you. a smart cirminal is never gonna turn his back on you. he's gonna hold you at gunpoint the whole time while facing you. he would get into the truck facing out towards you still pointing the gun at you. really he wouldn't allow you to be anywhere near the front door of the truck as he was getting in. he would make you get on the ground behind the truck or something. if you didn't he would shoot you for not doing what he said. he doesn't care. he's already out of his mind. he has nothing to lose.

then again some would act like a potential customer acting all nice and say hey can you roll down the window i need to talk to you about my yard. soon as you did he would shoot you and everyone in the truck and then pull you all out and take off. what would you do then?

as for them stealing stuff from me? they can have it. it's not worth getting shot over. that's why i have insurance. i don't pay for it for nothing. it would be kind of nice to actually use it for something for once and get brand new equipment or a brand new truck. i've never made a claim in my whole life on anything. so basically i've been paying for insurance for over 20 years for nothing. alot of wasted money if you ask me.

i'm not ignorant i just live in part of the world where most people are still nice and treat others how they would like to be treated.

Last edited by weeze; 02-28-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Your right, I'm giving up my gun and getting me some rose colored glasses.
Posted via Mobile Device