Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-28-2013, 11:41 PM
LawnSite Member

I have debated this method myself, I have found some people have not called us for a price thinking we were too expensive and have gone with another provider at a lower cost but wouldn't mind spending more for a quality full service provider.

With this method it would be like leaving a quote and they would see sometimes its not that much more and may generate some more leads. The only thing I'm torn on is we are in a smaller community and I'm afraid it would seem maybe a little too aggressive and turn people off
2004 Bobcat s250
Gravely 152 ztr
2006 walker GHS
16ft landscape trailer
2012 6 ton dump trailer
2004 JDJ 7 ton dump trailer
Little wonder leaf loader
Toro proline and Honda 21's
Toro 36" walkbehinds
Stihl,echo,handhelds and saws
Arctic snow plows and snow ex salters
Horst Snow Pushers
Old 03-01-2013, 12:17 AM
LawnSite Member

No offense, but leaving prices on flyers is a terrible idea. Your automatically putting yourself in a different category in the consumers mind, than the company that they are truly interested in and take the time to call themselves. Your limiting your income, your chances of selling additional services and for most higher end clients, your automatically setting a lower standard for your company in their eyes....

You may gain clients this way, but are they the type of clients your really want??
Old 03-01-2013, 07:00 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

U want to sale yourself, and the services u offer. When they see you in person, it changes everything because they can listen to you and hear that u know what your talking about. They can see you, and feel comfortable that your not some rapist. Also it's a good time for you to get an idea of how this potential customer is. I have came across so many customers that I wouldn't dare work for no matter how much money.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-01-2013, 07:31 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Do what works for you. There are many different business models that can be successful.

The OP told what works for him...what actually works...
It was generous of him to share. Just because you hope to service the Mercedes market doesn't mean he can't make a nice living servicing the Toyota market. I make six figures servicing the Toyota market.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by wbw; 03-01-2013 at 07:36 AM.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:47 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah, i bet.. i think thats the customers i've been getting latley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmarkking View Post
I have came across so many customers that I wouldn't dare work for no matter how much money.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-01-2013, 11:36 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I think posting with price is perfectly acceptable in most communities. It may not work in areas with $1 million plus homes, but in neighborhoods $300-500K or even less, I think that's perfectly fine.

Obviously every market and population density is a factor to consider.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLS_Birmingham View Post
No offense, but leaving prices on flyers is a terrible idea. Your automatically putting yourself in a different category in the consumers mind, than the company that they are truly interested in and take the time to call themselves. Your limiting your income, your chances of selling additional services and for most higher end clients, your automatically setting a lower standard for your company in their eyes....

You may gain clients this way, but are they the type of clients your really want??
Have you actually used the OPs method of advertising?

Scag mowers
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
www.ClarksvilleLawnCare.us

"Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later."
-Og Mandino
Old 03-01-2013, 03:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLS_Birmingham View Post

yes they are the type of clients i really want. the ones that pay and make me money.... i didn't make this thread up so everyone could give me their opinion on what I'm doing. i already know it works. the post was for your advertising tactics. i just said what my favorite was. i do this in nice areas. I'm getting 2.5% and its not even the best the to do it. I'm asking what falls tactics are. your favorite.....
Old 03-01-2013, 06:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmarkking View Post
U want to sale yourself, and the services u offer. When they see you in person, it changes everything because they can listen to you and hear that u know what your talking about. They can see you, and feel comfortable that your not some rapist. Also it's a good time for you to get an idea of how this potential customer is. I have came across so many customers that I wouldn't dare work for no matter how much money.
Posted via Mobile Device
Many customers have 0 interest in talking to the guy that sprays weeds or cuts grass. I sure as hell don't need to face to face time with the guy wanting to spray weeds.

Often times if you have to really jump through hoops to get a 50 dollar service and keep pounding away, it probably isn't worth the effort.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:14 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

One of my favorite things on earth is getting monthly checks from people I've never met and whose houses I've never seen.