Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-01-2013, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will P.C. View Post
Many customers have 0 interest in talking to the guy that sprays weeds or cuts grass. I sure as hell don't need to face to face time with the guy wanting to spray weeds.

Often times if you have to really jump through hoops to get a 50 dollar service and keep pounding away, it probably isn't worth the effort.
I agree totally. We haven't met the majority of our customers, never spoken to them and have no idea what they look like.

I've probably seen them in the grocery store for all I know...that's how it is in a digital age.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Member

We send out repedative mailers to targeted areas. It usually just has our company name and phone number, with "Call for a FREE Quote". Sometime's we'll add a coupon. We've received the best response from this so far.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWilson View Post
We send out repedative mailers to targeted areas. It usually just has our company name and phone number, with "Call for a FREE Quote". Sometime's we'll add a coupon. We've received the best response from this so far.
What is your rate on return? I am reading a book that says this is they way to do it.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Hard to say the exact r/r. We actually have a local printing company do the mailer. We pay approx $1200 for 10,000 pieces to be distributed over a 3 month run. (That price includes printing and postage.) And if you can get another local business to go in on it with you, it lowers the cost waaay down.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWilson View Post
Hard to say the exact r/r. We actually have a local printing company do the mailer. We pay approx $1200 for 10,000 pieces to be distributed over a 3 month run. (That price includes printing and postage.) And if you can get another local business to go in on it with you, it lowers the cost waaay down.
THIS ^ is the reason i made this thread. thanks for posting your info. keepum coming.

luck is where opportunity meets preparation
Old 03-01-2013, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

the best way of advertising for me is getting referrals from my existing clients to future clients. people talk. its probably the slowest, but its the most powerful. pretty much if your client talks to one of their friends about you, and they need a lawn guy, you are almost guaranteed the job.

long story short; do a good job each and every time at each and every yard you do, and the jobs will come to you.
-Grasshopper front mount 61", gravely 52"
-36" Gravely Walkbehind, 21" exmark push mower
-Stihl everything
Old 03-02-2013, 10:41 AM
LawnSite Member

ive had the best luck with the door hanger method. i normally get about 10 calls for every 1000 put out
Old 03-02-2013, 08:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Best way...

Referral work, hands down, is the best. Sometimes slow, you never know when, but it's free. And it's the best paying work as well, chances are you're not being price shopped if it's a referral. If you have a large enough Client base referral work can account for 10-20% of your business. Also, if you're personable & likeable, call & ask Clients for business. Asking is free. Having a good 'findable' website helps a ton also. Tons of other methods also, what works for one may not work for another. That's why we're entrepreneurs right? We're creative & 'make it happen'. We're the people keeping this country going, creating jobs & spending money. My .02 cents.