Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Blower attacked by pit bull

My Echo PB700 was attacked by a pit bull today!
I was blowing the sidewalks off at the church that we service on Fridays when all of a sudden a pit bull comes from around the building and attacks the end of the blower tube. While trying to beat the dog with the tube end, my Chiweenie "Cloe" jumps from the truck and gets into the action. I thought for sure she was going to be a hot dog meal today. I tried hitting the pit with the tube and then the end comes off. Then I started hitting it with the whole blower. That thing is heavy!!!!!! During this time Cloe gets back to the truck and trailer and gets underneath them. I reach for a flat shovel that was on the trailer and swing at the pit. Finally it takes off down the street. I did manage to give it a bloody nose. This would been a good time the have a
9mm close by. Not only do we have to watch out for kids and thieves, we now have to watch for loose dogs.
Attached Images

Old 03-01-2013, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

You lucky he didn't run off with your pipe.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

that dog would no longer be alive if he did that to my blower. next time shove the tube down it's throat and give it full throttle blowing all of his stomach and intestines out of his butt.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Why not just shut the blower off. Secure yourself and your dog. Then call Animal control. The dog was clearly scared of the blower and now YOU just let a pissed off scared dog free to run the streets. And because its bloody the next one to see it will most likely get it shot.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-02-2013, 06:41 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIXRAY View Post
Why not just shut the blower off. Secure yourself and your dog. Then call Animal control. The dog was clearly scared of the blower and now YOU just let a pissed off scared dog free to run the streets. And because its bloody the next one to see it will most likely get it shot.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yea, good plan! Not. I would have done the same then call AC. If he hasn't hit the dog and possibly injured him the dog might have come back again once he turned around. I love dogs but no dog comes before my property's of myselfs safety
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-02-2013, 08:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

A neighbor of one of my customers has Pitt Bulls. They are nasty. They have attacked my customer's dog in his own yard before. They will come over to me and attempt to attack my trimmer. Fortunately, the trimmers bite is greater than the Pitt Bulls care for. One little bite from the trimmer spinning at top speed is usually all it takes to send them running.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:10 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RELIABLELAWNMAN View Post
My Echo PB700 was attacked by a pit bull today!
I was blowing the sidewalks off at the church that we service on Fridays when all of a sudden a pit bull comes from around the building and attacks the end of the blower tube. While trying to beat the dog with the tube end, my Chiweenie "Cloe" jumps from the truck and gets into the action. I thought for sure she was going to be a hot dog meal today. I tried hitting the pit with the tube and then the end comes off. Then I started hitting it with the whole blower. That thing is heavy!!!!!! During this time Cloe gets back to the truck and trailer and gets underneath them. I reach for a flat shovel that was on the trailer and swing at the pit. Finally it takes off down the street. I did manage to give it a bloody nose. This would been a good time the have a
9mm close by. Not only do we have to watch out for kids and thieves, we now have to watch for loose dogs.

not only pitbulls, they've had a bad Rep for to long. it boils down to how the dog was brought up honestly, any dog could have done this. my girlfriends grandmother has a long haired wiener dog and that thing is meaner than ****.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-02-2013, 09:44 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm sorry but I laughed reading this. I'm glad you're okay but you're described the story so well I had a perfect image in my mind of this pitbull running at you at your swinging your blower! LOL.

Anyways, duct tape the holes and you'll be alright. That tubing is expensive.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:08 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Had a worker come back from a back yard claiming the same thing once. The tube had big teeth holes in it from where the dog bit it. Only problem with his story was the dog is in a chain link 20x20 cage But of course he never stuck the tube in the cage to provoke the dog noooooooo
Old 03-02-2013, 12:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

LOL!!!
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings
Closed Thread