Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-02-2013, 01:31 AM
LawnSite Member

under deck treatment? Ultra-Every Dry?

Has anyone ever tried this stuff? Up here in the Pacific Northwet our decks get so loaded with grass that it really impedes mowing performance.
If you aren't familiar with this stuff check it out. It's spendy but if it were to work on a mower the time spent scraping the under side of the mower deck would be greatly reduces.

Check out the video. Stuff is pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPM8OR6W6WE
Old 03-02-2013, 06:50 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I saw this already. It sure looks like it would stop grass from sticking. It almost has to work for that purpose as well. It would be nice if the manufacturers would coat the decks when new.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabtro96 View Post
Has anyone ever tried this stuff? Up here in the Pacific Northwet our decks get so loaded with grass that it really impedes mowing performance.
If you aren't familiar with this stuff check it out. It's spendy but if it were to work on a mower the time spent scraping the under side of the mower deck would be greatly reduces.

Check out the video. Stuff is pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPM8OR6W6WE
It looks good but I wonder how it would stand up on the deck when you cut in sandy conditions. I would think it would get sandblasted off.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:22 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Wow! It looks like it has some potential. At $100 a quart it had better do something. Non stick sprays have been available for a long time though. And they all work well until they wear off, which doesn't take long. I fear this material would have the same problem. I think that hard non-stick finishes have more potential under a mower deck. Titanium-ceramic based nonstick coatings are nearly perfect. They are very hard and can withstand a good deal of abuse.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:38 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Wow! It looks like it has some potential. At $100 a quart it had better do something. Non stick sprays have been available for a long time though. And they all work well until they wear off, which doesn't take long. I fear this material would have the same problem. I think that hard non-stick finishes have more potential under a mower deck. Titanium-ceramic based nonstick coatings are nearly perfect. They are very hard and can withstand a good deal of abuse.
I'm thinking the same thing but I believe my Scag is powder coated from the factory which is supposed to be better than paint. After 6 months it was 90% gone from the underside of the deck.

Tags
equipment cleaning