Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-02-2013, 07:50 PM
LawnSite Member

07 Isuzu NPR HD service?

I have an 07 Isuzu NPR Hd that I would like to service the brake fluid, trans fluid, rear axle and steering fluid. Does the trans have a drain or do you have to drop the pan? Can the brakes just be bled by pumping and bleeding?
PO Box345
Lincoln Park, NJ 07035
P:973-305-1227 F:973-305-0384
www.nuccioconstruction.com
Old 03-02-2013, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I own a mitishbishi fuso, basically the same truck and trans, and mine has a drain plug on the trans. But if your doesn't all you need is a new gasket and you can drop the pan easily. To refresh the brakes I just get a little syringe and suck the old fluid out of the reservoir, and replace with new. If the brake fluid is really dirty and dark in color I would bleed them which is no different than a car. It has a bleeder on the caliper. there is a drain for the rear axle and a fill plug. Power steering fluid I suck out with a syringe. the concept is pretty much the same as any car or truck, these are just bigger and more heavy duty. I've had mine for years and have always done the service on it because you are chained to the dealer for parts and can save alot if done yourself. Good luck
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-03-2013, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

For the brakes you need to put a hose on the nipple on the right rear bleeder and put it into a container with some clean fluid in it. Open the bleeder the go to the front and open the reservoir as fluid drains from the rear replace it with clean fluid in the front. Allow it to flow until it comes out clean. This could take up to an hour. You can then do the same with the other 3 corners. Just make sure you don't let the reservoir run out or then you will actually have to bleed them to get all the air out.
Posted via Mobile Device