Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-02-2013, 03:56 PM
LawnSite Member

In most states, the ccdw permit number is the same as your Drivers license number; it is that way in Tennessee as well and it will advise the officer when the license check is done that the particular person has a CCDW also. Regardless, if you carry make sure you are legal. I know in Kentucky you can carry a handgun in your glove box and it is not considered concealed. In any job where you have contact with the public and have high dollar items with you, it is a good idea to carry if you can legally. There are a lot of scumbags that are just looking for a crime of opportunity/victim.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groomer View Post
Don't know what region and neighborhood everyone is mowing in, but if I have to post an armed guard to cut a 40 dollar account, I'm probably gonna rethink my business model.
haha, good point

Scag mowers
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Blade Runners, LLC
Lawn Service Clarksville TN
Lawn Care Clarksville TN

"Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later."
-Og Mandino
Old 03-02-2013, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
One of my best friends is a cop and I asked him what I should do. He said there is no use making a cop nervous. Dont say anything and keep your weapon concealed. Only when asked if you have a weapon on you or in the vehicle would you first say I have a permit then whether the weapon is on you or in the vehicle.
Posted via Mobile Device
NOT in Ohio. If you don't declare that you have a weapon on you or in the truck as soon as the officer comes to the vehicle you can and will lose the gun and your permit for a year.

The answer above is correct. 2 hands on the wheel and when he approaches the vehicle let him know you have a weapon in the vehicle. Remember he knows if you have a CCW as soon as he runs your plates. If the Plates are in your name.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Carry everywhere I go. Ruger LCP as of now will be getting a 9mm this year to carry. Also have one in the truck as well.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Very interesting stuff guys. I'm thinking about keeping another handgun in the truck since the one on me is not as easy to pull out while I am seated (if needed).

F150 Ext Cab Long Bed
Carry-On 5x10 Open trailer
48" John Deere HD75 Hydro w/ Floating deck & Sulky
36" Bobcat WB Fixed Deck w/ Sulky
Turfco WB Aerator
Scotts Industrial Tiller
Honda 3000 PSI Pressure Washer
Little Wonder 9HP Blower
Stihl BR 600 Magnum Blower
Stihl Br 550 Magnum Blower
Stihl Fs 130
Stihl HL 100 Hedge Trimmer
Stihl MS 170 Chain Saw
Echo SRM 250 Trimmer
Echo PE 225 Edger
Old 03-02-2013, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

So, are all you people that carry firearms going to start listing them in your signature, like you do with everything?

Hi, I'm Groomer,
I use a 60" exmark
and a 48" exmark
and an assortment of weaponry. don't f with me. lol
Old 03-03-2013, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

The laws vary from state to state, but. In NC, if i didn't have a CCW, and a police car pulled me over, I would unconceal my gun, and put my hands,open,on the steering wheel, before the officer could get out of his car. If he sees it concealed you get to help the government grow their business. They will make a big deal out of it.

When you go get the right to carry concealed, you've given up some of your 2nd amendment rights. You then have agreed to LIMITED gun rights. Other laws have also limited your rights. In NC, there several places that you cant carry your gun. Don't expect the police to know where these places are. .But if you violate it, BIG trouble. Just drop your kid off at school in the morning and forget that you have a gun in your car. We have tag readers in some police cars, that automatically run tags as the police car is driven around...allegedly looking for stolen cars,etc. It will also identify ccws. When i go to the Oprah, and go into a vacant parking garage to retrieve my car after midnight to go home. The criminals know that I don't have a weapon on me.

No one wants a felon to have a firearm. But felons usually have a gun. I know a fellow that broke into cars at 18 years old. Hes a felon for life, and will now be less employable for life..
Old 03-04-2013, 10:31 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Whe I go to the Oprah?
Old 03-04-2013, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I am sure glad I don't have to worry about these problems. Not sure who said "I carry a gun because i need to provide for my family and need to protect my means of making a living" (paraphrased). If you live in an area as bad as you guys are describing why wouldn't you do everything in your power to move you and your family to a safer area? It doesn't sound like you guys are poor folks from the getto Thst just cant get ahead and have no other options.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-04-2013, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Even "safer areas" have incidents. Always be prepared. I've got new tires on my truck but I still carry a spare.