Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-02-2013, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLONGLANDSCAPING View Post
yes exactly. Lets say there are 400 homes in a route. You have to print out 8 cover pages for each 50 postcards bundled together.
You only need one cover page per route. If you pay online the forms are prefilled with the info. You just have a few boxes to fill out.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-02-2013, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Member

The bundles don't necessarily have to be in sets of 50 either. You can bundle them anywhere from 50-100 in each bundle which would have saved you a lot of paperwork. I bundled mine in sets of 100 until the last set needed to be counted out to the exact number for each route. For example a route with 460 houses I made 4 bundles of 100 and 1 bundle of 60. I just put a sticky note on top of each with the amount in that particular bundle.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
You only need one cover page per route. If you pay online the forms are prefilled with the info. You just have a few boxes to fill out.
Posted via Mobile Device
That isnt what the b i tch at the post office told me! Thats bull **** becasue that is how i did it originally and was ready to drop them all off and she told me i couldnt this afternoon. Here is my 4600 post card route, along my kitchen counter, and then here is my per bundle with pieces of paper on each along my kitchen table.
Attached Images

Insured and Licensed
Old 03-02-2013, 10:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenThere Lawncare View Post
The bundles don't necessarily have to be in sets of 50 either. You can bundle them anywhere from 50-100 in each bundle which would have saved you a lot of paperwork. I bundled mine in sets of 100 until the last set needed to be counted out to the exact number for each route. For example a route with 460 houses I made 4 bundles of 100 and 1 bundle of 60. I just put a sticky note on top of each with the amount in that particular bundle.
if you can see on the picture. Each stack has a small post it note with the number of the route, and then how many cards are there. for 430 houses i had 8 bundles of 50, and then on the top i have 30 bundled together with the top labled which mailing they are going to be for.

Insured and Licensed
Old 03-02-2013, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Actually you do need 1 cover page per bundle. That's why it says # ____ of x bundles. Every post office may say something different but that's why that box is there. It's probably in case boxes break and stuff gets mixed up. Also the forms that print are not enough to for all bundles so you have to print up some and fill out a couple of boxes with info
Old 03-02-2013, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Really what it all comes down to is your own post office and the way they handle EDDM. Since it is a relatively new program many of the post offices do not know what the exact requirements are for the mailers. Some are much more leniant then others.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenThere Lawncare View Post
Really what it all comes down to is your own post office and the way they handle EDDM. Since it is a relatively new program many of the post offices do not know what the exact requirements are for the mailers. Some are much more leniant then others.
Well said
Old 03-03-2013, 01:32 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLONGLANDSCAPING View Post
9) pay the lady (not 14.5 cents) but 16 cents each-----which really pissed me off because a month ago the postage was 14.5 cents each.
Yes, but a month ago, the first class stamp was (XX) cents cheaper too. When the first class rate goes up, everything else does too. And i think it was 14 cents before for these..
Old 03-03-2013, 10:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newz7151 View Post
Yes, but a month ago, the first class stamp was (XX) cents cheaper too. When the first class rate goes up, everything else does too. And i think it was 14 cents before for these..
No it was 14.5 cents prior to the rate increase.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:43 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess if this is the way you want to do it, expect it to be a time consuming process. I thought it was going to be pretty simple and all id have to do is drop the post cards off. If your doing a big mailing, it's worth it, but if you are just going to be doing 1,000 direct mailers, you can hire a company to do them for you and save youself the head aches, but pay 50 or so more dollars.
Posted via Mobile Device