Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-02-2013, 12:14 PM
LawnSite Member

It is all integrated I open up real green and from their home screen can schedule, route, print , text my crews pull up a property like go ilawn and measure it and like others I can export my ledger to quick books
Whats also really nice is real green has an advertising department full design an printing your invoice estimate statement choices are plentiful it offers me the ease of doing just about everything I need in one stop
Other software I have had you open up out together a route export to a ccv file then open mappoint import ccv file then optimize and then print. This year all my crews will be going paperless an using tablets and the tablets will be on their on private network so all business condusted by any route at any part of the day is real time.
Another thing my office can do is if a customer calls in requesting an estimate whoever answers the phone inputs the addreas is pulled up we measure the lawn and immediately give a price upon that the customer usually says "ok when can you get to me" well at that point we pull up our live tracking and with that our mow customer's are color coded for which day and the csr can tell them with fair certainy when. Its been my experience with mowing, maintenance ferts and mulch most people are into instant gratification
So there is no more office takes phone call they call me I give estimate or have to drive by then they call customer back
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-03-2013, 11:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean Cut Lawns View Post
With qxpress I had one type of invoice for my fertilization customers and another for my general customers

Can I manually choose between the two?
You can't switch from one business unit to another in terms of logos or locations. If you have fertilization customers, mowing customers, or general customers and you have different logos or profiles you won't switch from on to another. Is a huge feature service autopilot is lacking, not a good choice especially if you operate multi business units, multi-office, multi-division etc.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLS_Birmingham View Post
Client Portal is huge for us. Its taken alot of the stress of dealing with account issues and service requests/concerns by putting it all online for the client to handle themselves instead of calling us. Not to mention being able to pay their bill online is really gonna benefit our company this year.

I like the mobile access and the ease of scheduling. Invoicing is extremely easy, though the templates do suck and aren't as flexible as I would like. Estimates are mediocre at best, but are definitely better than just simply using QB for job costing purposes.

Overall I'm pretty satisfied. I've had extremely good results dealing with their support department and the majority of my issues are resolved in a timely manner. For the size company we are, I'm really liking it.
It will be nice if they add an option for the client to see there upcoming jobs / schedule on the client portal.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC1 View Post
This is a painful process trying to decide which software to go with. I want to get something asap as the season is rapidly approaching. I don't feel like it's something to jump in and out of. A nice software seems like something that you will have for a long long time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean Cut Lawns View Post
Looks light I might have to put up with qx for another year untill sap get their stuff together
Posted via Mobile Device

This is what I'm thinking also.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:19 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I dunno, but all the features that cooperthumb mentioned I can do in SAP. 10K seems like a lot for that. Yes, they do have some bugs to fix and still need to get record forms for weed apps, but overall been very happy with how much time it saves. There are a LOT of features and it's a bit overwhelming at first, but slowly but surely I'm getting everything setup and it's amazing. The customer can view the estimate online, accept it, ask questions, request more info, reduces soooo much literal paperwork and printing, mailing etc!

Jason
Old 03-04-2013, 07:45 AM
LawnSite Member

You can measure via goilawn in to sap?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-04-2013, 10:12 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

No, that I cannot do IN the program, Sorry. But there's free online google maps tools that I use to measure and simply type in the sq footage into the customer file. No slower than what they are doing.

Last edited by McFarland_Lawn_Care; 03-04-2013 at 10:12 AM. Reason: spelling =D
Old 03-04-2013, 02:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFarland_Lawn_Care View Post
No, that I cannot do IN the program, Sorry. But there's free online google maps tools that I use to measure and simply type in the sq footage into the customer file. No slower than what they are doing.
Just to elaborate more on this, if you have previously set up your pricing matrix for each service(which you should do when initially setting up the software), after you input the square footage in to the customer file the software will put the appropriate price right in to your estimate for you.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Correction- it use to do that. A lot is godfy with the estimates since the update. Not sure about that working or not. New templates are not carrying over service descriptions
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-05-2013, 07:52 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

all of us should get together and demand a discount for being pretty much beta testers on this new system. Fortunately for me, it's in the off season, but some guys down south are getting wicked busy right now.