Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-03-2013, 01:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

to replace my quick 36 w eventually. plus i love the idea of not having to deal with a side bagger. i dont know if they could do it but if they could ever make a mower like this w a 32 or 33inch deck, think of how awesome that would be. of course they would prob have to change the controls on it or it would be to heavy to manually turn.

Last edited by lawnsaspire; 03-03-2013 at 01:31 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

but i must add i think id like to wait a season and read all the reviews b4 purchasing. im not about to b toros guinea piggy. theyve put their hands in to many different things for me 2 believe in the high quality of their products. i think its very strange how the toro website lists zero specs on this mower. and on the youtube video commenting is disabled, like teyre scared someone might say something negative
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-04-2013, 12:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Going to demo the Exmark 30 this week, Dealer said I could have it for the day.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Currently use Honda 21" commercial mowers which work great for our demographic...but, I would seriously enjoy some of the features of this new mower.

I like these features,

Mulching!
Large fuel tank!!
Side discharge!!!
Bigger deck!!!!

My concerns are,

Can it handle wet grass?
Will the transmission hold up?
Ruts? Have some trouble with rutting already. Will it be worse with this mower?
Old 03-04-2013, 12:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Do the Toro/ExMark commercial 30s have an hour meter?

Am also curious how much blades will be costwise...knowing I'd save $$ by ordering online...but still curious what a dealer sells a set for?
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings
Old 03-04-2013, 02:55 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valk View Post
Do the Toro/ExMark commercial 30s have an hour meter?

Am also curious how much blades will be costwise...knowing I'd save $$ by ordering online...but still curious what a dealer sells a set for?
Right around $20 a blade...I did order the slightly higher lift Exmarks [for use on my ô30 since the Co. Rep Said they have more lift.

When my blades show up I will post pics of the TimeMaster 30 blades side by side with the Exmark blades.

FYI: Other blades can be modified for use on these mowers but it's a fair amount of work. Mount hole is non standard plus 2 additional timing holes.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-04-2013, 02:58 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnsaspire View Post
to replace my quick 36 w eventually. plus i love the idea of not having to deal with a side bagger. i dont know if they could do it but if they could ever make a mower like this w a 32 or 33inch deck, think of how awesome that would be. of course they would prob have to change the controls on it or it would be to heavy to manually turn.
A Quick mower of ANY deck size has a much nicer cut IMO. However rear bagger is a key point.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-04-2013, 03:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leland Lawn View Post
I've seen the new Exmark (a dealer stopped by my shop on Thursday with one) and I was impressed! He quoted me $1750 for it, but I'm not sold. I also like the front wheel height adjustment of the Toro better. I think my guys would successfully break the studs off of the wheels on the Exmark. No problem. I already have 4 Toro prolines, so I'm also biased to liking the controls on the Toro better. I personally don't like the two bar design.

I am going to be demoing a Toro Turfmaster on Monday from my usual dealer. Hopefully my history with them will get me a better price, but I was originally quoted $1800 for it. I'll make sure to post a link to my full review once it's up!
Looks like I'm going to have to wait. He rescheduled my demo for Friday...
Toro Turfmaster 30" (2)
Toro 21" Proline (6)
Walker MT EFI 48" GHS (1)
Echo Trimmers, Blowers, & Saws
Hiniker and Cycle Country Plows
Old 03-04-2013, 03:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haynes504 View Post
hello guys, i demo'd one of the exmark 30's for a day on friday. i'm going to buy one next week. thought it worked great. we have alot of smaller yards in this area that we've always had to use a 21 to get into the backyards. perfect fit for this mower. had a real nice cut and saw a nice increase in productivity over the 21. was a little concerned with the weight increase but after using it on a couple yards i quickly realized the weight distribution is well balanced and the mower is easily manuverable. just as easy as a 21. still early in the year so i'm interested to see what it will do come mid summer with thick or wet grass, but seemed to have plenty of power and never bogged. was real nice to be able and stop the blade as opposed to the 21- much safer when emptying bag etc., and also alot easier to start due to the blade not being engaged upon start up. my guys seemed to like it alot. we use walkers on all yards except these small gate rears and the cut was great- picked up leaves etc. with one pass nicely. also mulched a couple just to see what it would do and it left a nice clean cut. easy to adjust height- happy to get rid of those pita height adjustment that comes along with the 21 front wheels after about one season. personally been waiting for a mower like this one, it's a nice step up from the 21 for small yards with no access. clippings were cut up nicely with the 2 blades and bag was easily emptied. machine seems very well built and thought out. it's a little more pricey for a small machine, but definitely i can see where it will save on time and energy in certain areas. like all other pieces of equipment- they have their specific spots where they shine. small yards, i think this is a winner.
Great to here, I've ordered one and should have it this week. Not that I can use it yet here anyways....

KR
Old 03-04-2013, 05:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Without even using mine yet I've already modified my factory blades by bending the sails up more. They are pretty thin blades and i just put them in my vice and used a crecent wrench to bend the sails. I read of someone doing that with their timecutter. If that's not satisfactory I've also scouted some blades that will fit. Hole size is 5/8 and length is 15 3/8 measuring diagonal from cutting tip to cutting tip. The exmark blades for their 44" deck is 15 1/4 long. I'd rather go with a blade that's no shorter than what's on there though so I've also found a kubota blade that's 15 1/2 long. There's enough room for them. Yes, drilling through the blades isn't going to be easy... May be cheaper/easier to take to a local machine shop and have them done. There's also some toro blades that could work, but i know those don't have much lift to start with. Something without the big notches in the lift is definitely going to work better, even with the same size and height of sail.

I found these blades on mowpart.com. They have the option to search by length and hole size.
Posted via Mobile Device