Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-02-2013, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemower View Post
So how much did you tell her to do that?
200 to level the side and maybe 200 to pull the front i got to look at it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-03-2013, 08:47 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelawnman View Post
200 to level the side and maybe 200 to pull the front i got to look at it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Didn't you already look at it?

I'd be in and out of there in just a couple hrs with a helper. I removed 6 very large Cedar trees that were a good 10ft tall or more and even wider at the bottom. The trunks on them were 8-12 inches and had been there for 30+years. It took me and a helper 2 trips to the dump and 5hrs. I charged $650 and the lady didn't blink an eye. I could go in and have all of them removed without any equipment. Just me and a helper in a few hrs.

I've done other shrub removal jobs where the customer wanted the root ball out and as much of the roots as possible gone so they can replant a different shrub/tree in it's place. Those get charged even more.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Didn't you already look at it?

I'd be in and out of there in just a couple hrs with a helper. I removed 6 very large Cedar trees that were a good 10ft tall or more and even wider at the bottom. The trunks on them were 8-12 inches and had been there for 30+years. It took me and a helper 2 trips to the dump and 5hrs. I charged $650 and the lady didn't blink an eye. I could go in and have all of them removed without any equipment. Just me and a helper in a few hrs.

I've done other shrub removal jobs where the customer wanted the root ball out and as much of the roots as possible gone so they can replant a different shrub/tree in it's place. Those get charged even more.
Yea i look at it but i m going to make sure theres no root under the block
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-03-2013, 08:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well they are just getting cut down and then someones comeing in a stomp grinding them now.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:42 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Yea i look at it but i m going to make sure theres no root under the block
Posted via Mobile Device
How would you go about making sure no roots are under the block? Did you plan on digging up along the edge of the concrete?

I ask this because a job like this has got to be the easiest type of job for me to estimate. One rule of thumb with me is, if the stumps are close to any structure then they get cut off flush. If they are in a mulch bed then dig down below the surface and cut it off then bury the rest. If they need them removed it's going to cost more.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
How would you go about making sure no roots are under the block? Did you plan on digging up along the edge of the concrete?

I ask this because a job like this has got to be the easiest type of job for me to estimate. One rule of thumb with me is, if the stumps are close to any structure then they get cut off flush. If they are in a mulch bed then dig down below the surface and cut it off then bury the rest. If they need them removed it's going to cost more.
I was going to dig and find out. They have dont have much money so its getting done a cheap as then can. So now there just getting cut down and stump grinded.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:14 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
I was going to dig and find out. They have dont have much money so its getting done a cheap as then can. So now there just getting cut down and stump grinded.
Why even have the added expense of grinding the stumps out? Just do like I mentioned and cut them below the bed surface then bury them.