Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 03-02-2013, 09:04 PM
thelawnman's Avatar
thelawnman thelawnman is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cape May, NJ
Posts: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemower View Post
So how much did you tell her to do that?
200 to level the side and maybe 200 to pull the front i got to look at it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-03-2013, 08:47 AM
orangemower orangemower is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: pa
Posts: 2,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelawnman View Post
200 to level the side and maybe 200 to pull the front i got to look at it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Didn't you already look at it?

I'd be in and out of there in just a couple hrs with a helper. I removed 6 very large Cedar trees that were a good 10ft tall or more and even wider at the bottom. The trunks on them were 8-12 inches and had been there for 30+years. It took me and a helper 2 trips to the dump and 5hrs. I charged $650 and the lady didn't blink an eye. I could go in and have all of them removed without any equipment. Just me and a helper in a few hrs.

I've done other shrub removal jobs where the customer wanted the root ball out and as much of the roots as possible gone so they can replant a different shrub/tree in it's place. Those get charged even more.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-03-2013, 09:27 AM
thelawnman's Avatar
thelawnman thelawnman is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cape May, NJ
Posts: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemower View Post
Didn't you already look at it?

I'd be in and out of there in just a couple hrs with a helper. I removed 6 very large Cedar trees that were a good 10ft tall or more and even wider at the bottom. The trunks on them were 8-12 inches and had been there for 30+years. It took me and a helper 2 trips to the dump and 5hrs. I charged $650 and the lady didn't blink an eye. I could go in and have all of them removed without any equipment. Just me and a helper in a few hrs.

I've done other shrub removal jobs where the customer wanted the root ball out and as much of the roots as possible gone so they can replant a different shrub/tree in it's place. Those get charged even more.
Yea i look at it but i m going to make sure theres no root under the block
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-03-2013, 08:19 PM
thelawnman's Avatar
thelawnman thelawnman is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cape May, NJ
Posts: 312
Well they are just getting cut down and then someones comeing in a stomp grinding them now.
__________________
Hard work pays off.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-04-2013, 07:42 AM
orangemower orangemower is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: pa
Posts: 2,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelawnman View Post
Yea i look at it but i m going to make sure theres no root under the block
Posted via Mobile Device
How would you go about making sure no roots are under the block? Did you plan on digging up along the edge of the concrete?

I ask this because a job like this has got to be the easiest type of job for me to estimate. One rule of thumb with me is, if the stumps are close to any structure then they get cut off flush. If they are in a mulch bed then dig down below the surface and cut it off then bury the rest. If they need them removed it's going to cost more.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-04-2013, 10:25 AM
thelawnman's Avatar
thelawnman thelawnman is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cape May, NJ
Posts: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemower View Post
How would you go about making sure no roots are under the block? Did you plan on digging up along the edge of the concrete?

I ask this because a job like this has got to be the easiest type of job for me to estimate. One rule of thumb with me is, if the stumps are close to any structure then they get cut off flush. If they are in a mulch bed then dig down below the surface and cut it off then bury the rest. If they need them removed it's going to cost more.
I was going to dig and find out. They have dont have much money so its getting done a cheap as then can. So now there just getting cut down and stump grinded.
__________________
Hard work pays off.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-04-2013, 12:14 PM
orangemower orangemower is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: pa
Posts: 2,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelawnman View Post
I was going to dig and find out. They have dont have much money so its getting done a cheap as then can. So now there just getting cut down and stump grinded.
Why even have the added expense of grinding the stumps out? Just do like I mentioned and cut them below the bed surface then bury them.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:36 PM.

Page generated in 0.07865 seconds with 10 queries