Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-13-2003, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Member

QuickBooks Pro

....get Quickbooks Pro to auto generate an invoice for a contracted client? Monthly of course.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 08-13-2003, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

What?????
Old 08-14-2003, 12:04 AM
LawnSite Member

I agree...

That post was not very clear. I am trying to get Quickbooks Pro 2003 to automatically generate an invoice (with at least the client's name) every month. This feature, if available, would really help me by eliminating the need to 'go down the list' and manually generate each invoice for each contracted customer. I can generate regular invoices on an as needed basis for cleanups, mulch apps....whatever.

Is that better?
Old 08-14-2003, 03:08 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Hi Sniggly,

You might want to consider trying Gopher. It ties in your scheduled jobs with your billing. At the end of the month you click one button to automatically generate all of your invoices. It's a big time saver. There is a free trial on our site.
Old 08-15-2003, 12:11 AM
LawnSite Member

Hey Sniggly,
I use ~~~~~~~~~~ Pro 2003 also. I bill all my lawn maintenance customers on a monthly basis also. If you only use invoices instead of manually entering information in the customer register and printing statements, you can still print all your invoices at the same time very easily.

1. When you create an invoice for a customer, in the bottom left hand corner under the invoice it says "To Be Printed" with a little box to the left of it. Click the box and a check mark will appear in the box.

2. At the end of the month, in the "Customer Navigator" window, same one where you click on Invoices to create invoices, look on the right side where it says "Related Activities", click the link that says "Print invoices".

3. A new window will appear with a drop down list of invoices. To the left of the date of each invoice listed, click the box and a check mark will appear. Do this for each one you want to print.

4. If they are all already checked, you can check to see if you want to print all of them or not. If you don't, you can click the check mark to uncheck the ones you don't want to print, or click the option to the right that says "Click None". Then you can manually check the ones you want to print. If none of them are checked and you want to select all of them to print, you can click and put a check mark beside each one manually, or to the right of the list, you can click on the box that says "Select All", and it will put a check mark beside all of them.

5. After all invoices you want to print are selected, click "OK"

6. After you click "OK", the print window will appear and you can choose your print options, such as # of copies, print quality, etc.

7. After you have chosen any print options, click "Print" and it will print all of them at one time.

If you have any problems with this, or other QB problem, send me an email and I will try to help you solve it.

I have used QB for about 5 years now and been pretty happy with it.
Old 08-20-2003, 06:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

But what happens when you receive a payment? Lawnman
Whats the balance going to be?

Sniggly
I don't own QB2003 I have 2002, there's a option to memorize invoices, after you generate the first one and then being entered automatically every end of the month or whenever you choose, that's maybe what you refering to.

I don't know how many customers you have, but do yourself a favor and get some specific program for this line of work, I'd recommend gopher, it works real good for me it has some little details here and there but it does a pretty decent job, even if you have few customers now, is a good idea to look into this program, by the time you get more customers you'll be well prepare, knowing the ins and outs of this program, is very easy to use tought.

There's some other program out there try'em all and I'm pretty sure you'll be surprise how much time they save.