Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2013, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Member

7 years Landscaping 1st year owning

Hello My name is Ken, and title says it all. I took agricultural science in high school (FFA) then started working for a handi capped man out of high school taking care of all his landscaping, snow removal and firewood needs working per hour. Neighbors started noticing his yard and asked for our services so we started charging them and it turned into a buisness then last spring 2012 my boss gave me the buisness minus the equipment. So i bought a 2006 chevy 2500, a fisher mm2 8 foot plow, ariens 28 inch snow blower, a lesco z2 60inch z turn with tripple bagger (yes i know not every1 is a lesco fan but i love the machine and ive mowed on brand new jd z turns and i know machines as these are better but im on a budget) a new jd 36 inch walk behind belt drive, a scag 48 walk behind with jrco dethatcher and rak em catcher (spring clean up machine) stihl br600 back pack blower, stihl ms361 saw, stihl power head with string trimmer, adjustable hedge trimmer, blower, and brush cutter head and stihl straight shaft trimmer, enclosed 12 foot trailer fits 2 mowers, a 10,000lb flatbed trailer for rental equipment like mini escavators etc... All purchased over last year or so. I have around 40 plowing accounts 4 commercial and around 20 regular mowing accounts plus all the extra work like hedge trimming and lawn installs that come in from time to time. Im still solo besides my awesome wife that handles the paper work and learned how to run a mower and helps when she can (she loves the excersise behind a walk behind). Im a long time lurker on this site and finally joined and good to be here.