Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-02-2013, 09:57 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I tried the Celcius - Revolver combo a couple of years ago when I had some Revolver left over. I mixed 2oz of Relover with the high rate of Celcius in a 1gal sprayer and spot sprayed the Dallisgrass in the Fall. It did keep the Dallisgrass down the next year for quite awhile but did not kill it. I would not buy Relolver just to use for this application. If you already have it and wanted to use it this Fall on Dallisgrass in St Augustine it did not seem to hurt the grass but for no longer than it suppressed the Dallisgrass I would not spend the money for it.

I keep hearing that Tech High [Texas Tech] tested or is still testing a herbicide that is killing Dallisgrass and is safe for St Augustine but they will not say with what manufacturer and when/if it might reach the market.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:02 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf Dawg View Post
I tried the Celcius - Revolver combo a couple of years ago when I had some Revolver left over. I mixed 2oz of Relover with the high rate of Celcius in a 1gal sprayer and spot sprayed the Dallisgrass in the Fall. It did keep the Dallisgrass down the next year for quite awhile but did not kill it. I would not buy Relolver just to use for this application. If you already have it and wanted to use it this Fall on Dallisgrass in St Augustine it did not seem to hurt the grass but for no longer than it suppressed the Dallisgrass I would not spend the money for it.

I keep hearing that Tech High [Texas Tech] tested or is still testing a herbicide that is killing Dallisgrass and is safe for St Augustine but they will not say with what manufacturer and when/if it might reach the market.
That would be nice if they figured something out for that.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Member

I've been interested in doing landscape, low voltage lighting. I went to a lighting class hosted by my nursery, a rep from Unique Lighting Systems did the presentation. I learned a few things and enjoyed it. Good stuff. You guys do much lighting?
Old 03-06-2013, 01:20 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

In the past I've done mostly new construction lighting. I have one customer who has six transformers, thousands of feet of wire, and a bunch of lights. One of my goals this year is to push lighting. I'm going to put together a LED demo kit that uses 12 volt batteries so I can set the display lights up quickly without having to drag cable around.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 03-06-2013, 05:56 AM
LawnSite Member

Yeah..my nursery has a demo kit I can use for free to get my feet wet..The batteries would be much more convienent..although I would think expensive initially. I think LED is definitetly the way to go!

Last edited by Hope Landscaping; 03-06-2013 at 06:01 AM.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:18 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope Landscaping View Post
Yeah..my nursery has a demo kit I can use for free to get my feet wet..The batteries would be much more convienent..although I would think expensive initially. I think LED is definitetly the way to go!
Hey, what are you doing posting at 4AM

I got up at 10 after 3 to pee and have so much on my mind I couldn't go back to sleep . Oh the joy's of Spring when there is tons to do LOL
Old 03-06-2013, 06:23 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Just a note
Always remember to pay your TDA license fee on time. Mine expired Feb 28th and I forgot. I paid it yesterday, only 5 days late, and it went from $180 to $270. That is a high price for having your head up your butt.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:37 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope Landscaping View Post
Hey, what are you doing posting at 4AM

I got up at 10 after 3 to pee and have so much on my mind I couldn't go back to sleep . Oh the joy's of Spring when there is tons to do LOL
Yeah same here..it always catches up with me later in the day...then around 9:30pm I get a 2nd wind..
Old 03-07-2013, 12:40 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Just a note
Always remember to pay your TDA license fee on time. Mine expired Feb 28th and I forgot. I paid it yesterday, only 5 days late, and it went from $180 to $270. That is a high price for having your head up your butt.
Ouch!!!!.....
Old 03-14-2013, 01:30 AM
LawnSite Member

I received a marketing email from "EZBZ", it's similar to Angieslist and Service Magic. Do you guys know anything about this company... any good?