Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #401  
Old 03-02-2013, 09:57 AM
Turf Dawg's Avatar
Turf Dawg Turf Dawg is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gainesville Texas
Posts: 3,651
I tried the Celcius - Revolver combo a couple of years ago when I had some Revolver left over. I mixed 2oz of Relover with the high rate of Celcius in a 1gal sprayer and spot sprayed the Dallisgrass in the Fall. It did keep the Dallisgrass down the next year for quite awhile but did not kill it. I would not buy Relolver just to use for this application. If you already have it and wanted to use it this Fall on Dallisgrass in St Augustine it did not seem to hurt the grass but for no longer than it suppressed the Dallisgrass I would not spend the money for it.

I keep hearing that Tech High [Texas Tech] tested or is still testing a herbicide that is killing Dallisgrass and is safe for St Augustine but they will not say with what manufacturer and when/if it might reach the market.
Reply With Quote
  #402  
Old 03-02-2013, 10:02 AM
Hope Landscaping's Avatar
Hope Landscaping Hope Landscaping is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf Dawg View Post
I tried the Celcius - Revolver combo a couple of years ago when I had some Revolver left over. I mixed 2oz of Relover with the high rate of Celcius in a 1gal sprayer and spot sprayed the Dallisgrass in the Fall. It did keep the Dallisgrass down the next year for quite awhile but did not kill it. I would not buy Relolver just to use for this application. If you already have it and wanted to use it this Fall on Dallisgrass in St Augustine it did not seem to hurt the grass but for no longer than it suppressed the Dallisgrass I would not spend the money for it.

I keep hearing that Tech High [Texas Tech] tested or is still testing a herbicide that is killing Dallisgrass and is safe for St Augustine but they will not say with what manufacturer and when/if it might reach the market.
That would be nice if they figured something out for that.
__________________
www.hopelandscaping.net
Reply With Quote
  #403  
Old 03-05-2013, 11:45 PM
Hope Landscaping's Avatar
Hope Landscaping Hope Landscaping is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Posts: 242
I've been interested in doing landscape, low voltage lighting. I went to a lighting class hosted by my nursery, a rep from Unique Lighting Systems did the presentation. I learned a few things and enjoyed it. Good stuff. You guys do much lighting?
Reply With Quote
  #404  
Old 03-06-2013, 01:20 AM
PlantscapeSolutions's Avatar
PlantscapeSolutions PlantscapeSolutions is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Buda,Texas
Posts: 2,581
In the past I've done mostly new construction lighting. I have one customer who has six transformers, thousands of feet of wire, and a bunch of lights. One of my goals this year is to push lighting. I'm going to put together a LED demo kit that uses 12 volt batteries so I can set the display lights up quickly without having to drag cable around.
__________________
Market- Austin Texas Area
Employees- 3
Sales $300K+

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Reply With Quote
  #405  
Old 03-06-2013, 05:56 AM
Hope Landscaping's Avatar
Hope Landscaping Hope Landscaping is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Posts: 242
Yeah..my nursery has a demo kit I can use for free to get my feet wet..The batteries would be much more convienent..although I would think expensive initially. I think LED is definitetly the way to go!
__________________
www.hopelandscaping.net

Last edited by Hope Landscaping; 03-06-2013 at 06:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #406  
Old 03-06-2013, 06:18 AM
Turf Dawg's Avatar
Turf Dawg Turf Dawg is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gainesville Texas
Posts: 3,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope Landscaping View Post
Yeah..my nursery has a demo kit I can use for free to get my feet wet..The batteries would be much more convienent..although I would think expensive initially. I think LED is definitetly the way to go!
Hey, what are you doing posting at 4AM

I got up at 10 after 3 to pee and have so much on my mind I couldn't go back to sleep . Oh the joy's of Spring when there is tons to do LOL
Reply With Quote
  #407  
Old 03-06-2013, 06:23 AM
Turf Dawg's Avatar
Turf Dawg Turf Dawg is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gainesville Texas
Posts: 3,651
Just a note
Always remember to pay your TDA license fee on time. Mine expired Feb 28th and I forgot. I paid it yesterday, only 5 days late, and it went from $180 to $270. That is a high price for having your head up your butt.
Reply With Quote
  #408  
Old 03-07-2013, 12:37 AM
Hope Landscaping's Avatar
Hope Landscaping Hope Landscaping is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf Dawg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope Landscaping View Post
Yeah..my nursery has a demo kit I can use for free to get my feet wet..The batteries would be much more convienent..although I would think expensive initially. I think LED is definitetly the way to go!
Hey, what are you doing posting at 4AM

I got up at 10 after 3 to pee and have so much on my mind I couldn't go back to sleep . Oh the joy's of Spring when there is tons to do LOL
Yeah same here..it always catches up with me later in the day...then around 9:30pm I get a 2nd wind..
__________________
www.hopelandscaping.net
Reply With Quote
  #409  
Old 03-07-2013, 12:40 AM
Hope Landscaping's Avatar
Hope Landscaping Hope Landscaping is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf Dawg View Post
Just a note
Always remember to pay your TDA license fee on time. Mine expired Feb 28th and I forgot. I paid it yesterday, only 5 days late, and it went from $180 to $270. That is a high price for having your head up your butt.
Ouch!!!!.....
__________________
www.hopelandscaping.net
Reply With Quote
  #410  
Old 03-14-2013, 01:30 AM
Hope Landscaping's Avatar
Hope Landscaping Hope Landscaping is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Posts: 242
I received a marketing email from "EZBZ", it's similar to Angieslist and Service Magic. Do you guys know anything about this company... any good?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:28 AM.

Page generated in 0.08385 seconds with 10 queries