Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-06-2013, 01:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

For those using Jobber Software??

How do you guys like the program?

I'm interested most in hearing about the ability to email estimates and receive payments online?

Also, hooking up a request quote link to a company website, is everything pretty smooth?

I also wonder about paypal being the only way to get paid. I've just heard a number of stories about them holding money for extended periods of time.

I signed up for Service Autopilot in January. It has potential, but so did a lot of girls I dated back in the day. You either have it or you don't. I don't have time to beta test a program. I've just started to actually "use" SA and I already have problems emailing estimates. They are getting "dropped". Was told by SA to try again, now it's "deferred".

I don't have time to play games. These quotes are just going out snail mail. I'm paying too much for something with a number of bugs. I just want something that works. So, those using Jobber, are you happy overall?
Old 03-06-2013, 01:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Finally a little luck on my side, the deferred emails have gone through. Even a few clicks. Hopefully a good sign.

Still interested in hearing from those using Jobber.

Thanks
Old 03-06-2013, 02:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Ive been using since the first of the year. Very easy and no problems as of yet. Like being able to see when the email was opened
Old 03-07-2013, 12:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-07-2013, 01:32 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I am a prior SAP user that switched the Jobber. Here are the reasons I switched:
1. Ease of use...I logged on to Jobber for the first time and it took me a few minutes to get the feel for it.
2. Awesome tech support...Sam is great at replying to emails fast to fix problems.
3. Does everything I need it to do plus more for half the price of SAP.

Chad Clark
225-257-5566
chad@clarkunlimited.com
www.clarkunlimited.com
www.facebook.com/culawns
La. Licensed Landscape Horticulturist
La. Licensed Ornamental & Turf Pesticide Applicator
La. Licensed Irrigation Contractor
Old 03-07-2013, 01:54 AM
LawnSite Member

Does Jobber have a client portal? Very important to me.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:02 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Big C,

How long have you been using Jobber. I'm looking forward to hearing more from you about the switch because I was really wanting to sign up for SAP but haven't heard good things as I read through here the past couple months.

Are there any items you miss from SAP? What size company are you? Do you use quickbooks for accounting?

Thanks
Old 03-07-2013, 11:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post
I am a prior SAP user that switched the Jobber. Here are the reasons I switched:
1. Ease of use...I logged on to Jobber for the first time and it took me a few minutes to get the feel for it.
2. Awesome tech support...Sam is great at replying to emails fast to fix problems.
3. Does everything I need it to do plus more for half the price of SAP.
I did a trial of Jobber. It is easy to use and I like some of the features but I feel like its not complete yet. I currently use Qexpress and the idea of changing software is a bit overwhelming.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:58 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the replies guys.

I was in the business before, but got out in 2009 when our son was born. Before I used Qxpress.

I'm starting my business back up this season. After doing a lot of research I decided to go with SAutopilot. We are having our website designed right now and they want the information to plug in the Client Portal and estimate request forms.

I'll admit, I still have a lot to learn about SA. But it's just some little things already that have me wondering if I made the right decision. Like yesterday, it was showing certain estimates that were emailed had been opened and clicked. Today it just shows that they were delivered, not even opened.

I don't know.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:33 PM
Sponsor

Jobber

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the interest and the kind words —*I just want to quickly address some of the questions and comments from the thread so far.

1. PayPal is currently the only electronic payment option available, however we are actively working on all the red-tape required to introduce additional gateway and merchant account options. PayPal has it's ups and downs, but it's working great for our customers, and the real benefit is that you can get it up and running in just a few minutes, rather than having to go through a protracted approval process.

2. I'm pleased to see that ease-of-use is something that's being recognized in Jobber. It's a very difficult thing to engineer highly reliable and and functional software that's also intuitive and easy to learn and use. We put a lot of effort into usability, and it's a core part of our product development and decision making process. This is just one of the things that really sets us apart.

3. We do not currently have a client portal. This is on our roadmap, but below a number of other higher priorities, especially since you can very easily send Invoices and Statements to clients with the click of a button in order to keep them updated on their account status.

4. @JFGLN: You're absolutely right, Jobber is definitely not 'complete' yet. In fact, it will never be complete. We're working on new functionality and improvements every single day and continuing to grow our team so we can do it faster and faster. This is another thing that sets us apart — if you take a look at our blog (http://blog.getjobber.com) you'll see that we're easily the most actively developed software in this space, and put a lot of time and effort into communicating with our customers and keeping those lines of communication open so that we can continue improving our software. In the software world, 'complete' means dead.

5. I just want to write up a quick explanation of e-mail deliverability and reporting for everyone's benefit. There are two main parts to this issue, Deliverability and Open Tracking.

Deliverability
E-mail is a real challenge these days, because spam has become a really big problem that service providers are battling against vigorously. In the war against spam there's a lot of collateral damage —*a lot of e-mail that is NOT spam at all, still gets flagged, filtered and dropped.

In order to mitigate this risk, Jobber uses (and spends a lot of money on) a dedicated mail service and IP addresses to ensure that our import client communications get through to their intended recipient. A big part of this has to do with spam reputation. A lot of people ask why we don't allow our customers to send free-form e-mail directly from Jobber. The reason is because by only allowing Quotes, Invoices, Statements and Payment Receipts to be sent directly from the system, we're ensuring with a pretty high degree of certainty that the recipients of these items are not marking them as 'spam', which in turn would damage our spam credibility rating, and reduce the reliability of our e-mail deliveries. Jobber's spam credibility rating is extremely high, ensuring that these important emails are delivered successfully 99.9% of the time. When you start allowing free-form e-mails or marketing e-mails to be sent through the same system, you open yourself up to being accused of spam, and deliverability suffers as a result.

Open Tracking
Tracking e-mail deliveries through the system is obviously important, as you want to be able to see some record of your Quote/Invoice/Statement/Payment Receipt having been sent, and if possible, whether it was opened as well.

Here's the problem though: there is technically no reliable way to track whether an e-mail has been opened on the receiving end. Aside from the obvious privacy issues, it would also be impossible track e-mail being read offline.

The best that can be done is something called "image tracking", which basically includes a 1x1 pixel image in the e-mail (which is effectively invisible). The image is hosted on a server that we control, so if/when the image is loaded, we can detect it, and then deduce that the e-mail has been opened. The problem is that many e-mail clients do not load images by default when an e-mail is opened. In our experience we see that about 50-65% of our customers clients are loading images by default.

Hopefully this helps answer some questions and explain some of the confusion around e-mail deliverability and open tracking!

Cheers,
Sam @ Jobber

Watch our 14 minute Quick Tour Video

Have feedback for Jobber? Email or call me direct at 587-400-9852.

www.getjobber.com | landen@getjobber.com | 1-888-721-1115 Ext 114
Twitter: @GetJobber | Jobber on Facebook