Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-06-2013, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

thanks for the links, I am looking at buying that technical manual for any future repairs that I may come into, $20 isn't so bad for something that will save a lot of head aches.

I think the model is a 1320 or gx1320 after all of this research, there just isn't a lot of information being an older machine

John Deere
Troybilt
Husqvarna
Echo
Old 03-06-2013, 11:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, GX1320 is it. Deere has used that designation on a few different machines over the years (the GX part). The little single blade 30" riders comes to mind right away, as well as the GX 300 series that followed the 325/335/345/355 series.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I found what I was looking for!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/John-Deere-B...item3a7f1c4444

The exact catcher for my machine!

John Deere
Troybilt
Husqvarna
Echo
Old 03-07-2013, 12:12 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Congratulations.

Those older decks like that cut as good as any deck made today, especially at the speeds you can go with a WB. I've used far more of the older yellow tunnel decks than the deep dish ZTR decks.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Congratulations.

Those older decks like that cut as good as any deck made today, especially at the speeds you can go with a WB. I've used far more of the older yellow tunnel decks than the deep dish ZTR decks.
Thanks for the help, I neve thought of checking ebay for a OEM bagger, I ended up getting the tech manual and sent a Best Offer to the guy, I can only wait now!

John Deere
Troybilt
Husqvarna
Echo
Old 03-07-2013, 12:50 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Does that OEM bagger hold more than the other ones in your first post? At least you know it'll fit right.

Did you see that almost new looking deck for your mower farther down in that link, and farther down yet, a complete machine too?
Old 03-07-2013, 09:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just got this wonderful email in my inbox, answered all of my questions.

Dear Mr. Kane,

I do apologize for the difficulty you experienced when trying to search for information on your unit by model number. Our older commercial mowers did not use model numbers, they were recognized by the size of the mower deck and horsepower. Your unit is commonly known as a 38-Inch Commercial Walk-behind Mower or sometimes a 14HP Commercial Mower with 38-in Deck.

The Product Identification Number you provided, GX1320X021983, indicates it is a 1992 year model.

Available Manuals for this unit are:

Operator Manual: OMM114548 Parts Catalog: PC2316 Tech/Service Manual: TM1488

You may order any of these manuals through Publications by visiting the link below and entering the publication number shown above.

https://techpubs.deere.com/products/ProductSearch.aspx? o=market&market=Commercial%20%26%20Residential

The Parts Catalog is available to view online. Visit the link below and click on Catalog Number Search and enter "2316" in the catalog number field and "Find" to display a link to this parts catalog.

http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com.deere.u90490.partscatalog.view.servlets.HomePageServlet_Alt

I am not sure what mechanical specifics you are looking for on this unit so I have provided specifications on the Machine and the Engine.

Machine Specifications:

Three blades Greasable spindles Cutting height 1-4 in. (25-100 mm) Oscillation 7-1/2° to each side Transmission Five forward speeds and reverse OK to shift on the go Oil capacity 2.4 qt (2.2 L)

Engine Specifications:

John Deere K Engine Model FC420V 14 hp (10.4 kw) 25.8 cu in. (420 cm3) Bore3.5 in. (89 mm) Stroke2.7 in. (68 mm) One-cylinder, four-cycle Air-cooled Overhead valves Full-pressure lubrication Operating speed3400 rpm Idle speed1400 rpm Spark plugChampion RN11YC or NGK-BPR5ES Spark plug gap 0.025 in. (0.64 mm) Oil capacity with filter 3.3 pt (1.6 L) Fuel capacity5 gal (19 L) Manual recoil starter

I hope the information I have provided is helpful to understand the identity of your unit and available manuals.

Thank you,

Kim R. John Deere Customer Contact Center USA/Canada
Posted via Mobile Device