Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 03-07-2013, 09:59 PM
205mx 205mx is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,732
I have a 6x10 with gate for sale! Whoo!best of both worlds 5x10 vs 6x12. 6x10! Text me 205-617-2145 for some pictures.

Last edited by 205mx; 03-07-2013 at 10:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-08-2013, 10:46 AM
lalllc lalllc is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Fort Wayne In.
Posts: 68
I started with a 8X12. I out grew it fast. I could put 2 older lazer z on it. new ones wont fit. I bent the axel hauling dirt. Do what fits you, buy good tires and dont over load it. you will be fine. I always buy high side steal with tube top. L tops twist too much. the higher sides that are solid hide a lot. I think I have a pic of my 14' on my page.
__________________
3500 HD w/ tool box dropside dump
60" Xmark X
60" xmark s
52" Toro T floating deck
48" Toro
3 toro PP mowers
stihl power tools
Eco Hedge Trimmer
2008 Tundra
brown bed edger
Turco bed edger
side walk edger
slit seeder
14 and 12' trailers
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-08-2013, 11:28 AM
BenThere Lawncare's Avatar
BenThere Lawncare BenThere Lawncare is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: omaha, ne
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalllc View Post
I started with a 8X12. I out grew it fast. I could put 2 older lazer z on it. new ones wont fit. I bent the axel hauling dirt. Do what fits you, buy good tires and dont over load it. you will be fine. I always buy high side steal with tube top. L tops twist too much. the higher sides that are solid hide a lot. I think I have a pic of my 14' on my page.
Are those two foot sides you have on that 14 footer?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-08-2013, 11:35 AM
lalllc lalllc is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Fort Wayne In.
Posts: 68
I think they are 3' sides.
__________________
3500 HD w/ tool box dropside dump
60" Xmark X
60" xmark s
52" Toro T floating deck
48" Toro
3 toro PP mowers
stihl power tools
Eco Hedge Trimmer
2008 Tundra
brown bed edger
Turco bed edger
side walk edger
slit seeder
14 and 12' trailers
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-08-2013, 11:41 AM
BenThere Lawncare's Avatar
BenThere Lawncare BenThere Lawncare is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: omaha, ne
Posts: 34
I just ordered an almost identical trailer to that. Mind me asking how much that cost you?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-08-2013, 12:35 PM
LawnSolution LawnSolution is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 10
I think I will end up going with a 6x12. I was worried about the weight. I have a 04 wrangler unlimited (the extended one) with a towing capacity of 3500. I also have a 07 4runner that is my wife's but it has a capacity of 5000. All of my lawns and mulch supply are within 5 miles. I will just have to check to make sure I can back it into my garage.

the 6x12 weighs 980 and the 5x10 weighs 780.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-08-2013, 08:52 PM
Greg78's Avatar
Greg78 Greg78 is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southwest, FL
Posts: 2,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnSolution View Post
I think I will end up going with a 6x12. I was worried about the weight. I have a 04 wrangler unlimited (the extended one) with a towing capacity of 3500. I also have a 07 4runner that is my wife's but it has a capacity of 5000. All of my lawns and mulch supply are within 5 miles. I will just have to check to make sure I can back it into my garage.

the 6x12 weighs 980 and the 5x10 weighs 780.
I think you're making a good choice for what you will be doing, being part-time and solo.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-08-2013, 08:53 PM
Greg78's Avatar
Greg78 Greg78 is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southwest, FL
Posts: 2,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalllc View Post
I started with a 8X12. I out grew it fast. I could put 2 older lazer z on it. new ones wont fit. I bent the axel hauling dirt. Do what fits you, buy good tires and dont over load it. you will be fine. I always buy high side steal with tube top. L tops twist too much. the higher sides that are solid hide a lot. I think I have a pic of my 14' on my page.
Since switching from bias-ply to radials our tire wear has decreased dramatically.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-09-2013, 02:19 AM
Patriot Services's Avatar
Patriot Services Patriot Services is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa FL
Posts: 8,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg78 View Post
Since switching from bias-ply to radials our tire wear has decreased dramatically.
Hell yes. Bias ply always were junk, especially for highway use. They flat spot easy and ride like crap. You will get at least 3X the wear life. Just don't oveload and keep and eye on pressure. Regular rotation helps greatly too. X pattern for tandems, contrary to vehicle pattern.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-09-2013, 10:45 AM
Greg78's Avatar
Greg78 Greg78 is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southwest, FL
Posts: 2,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Hell yes. Bias ply always were junk, especially for highway use. They flat spot easy and ride like crap. You will get at least 3X the wear life. Just don't oveload and keep and eye on pressure. Regular rotation helps greatly too. X pattern for tandems, contrary to vehicle pattern.
Posted via Mobile Device
Rotation is something I never even thought about. Will have to start doing that.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:09 PM.

Page generated in 0.07967 seconds with 10 queries