Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-02-2013, 08:22 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I kind of figured something was up with the 5gallon trees LOL. I am glad this person knew what they wanted because that always makes it easier, to me anyway. I always hate it when they do not know what they want and then when you work something up they say "I'm not sure if I like that". I think the Cotoneasters {depending on which one you chose} will be a great fit for that look with the "loose" and sprawling growth and being semi deciduous during the winter.

This kind of reminds me of one I did several years ago. All the Hostas looked like I was just planting a pot of dirt and the grasses, Hibiscus and other perennials looked like a bunch of dead stuff I found laying around. It really kind of stinks on the "wow factor" when finished this time of year lol.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf Dawg View Post
I kind of figured something was up with the 5gallon trees LOL. I am glad this person knew what they wanted because that always makes it easier, to me anyway. I always hate it when they do not know what they want and then when you work something up they say "I'm not sure if I like that". I think the Cotoneasters {depending on which one you chose} will be a great fit for that look with the "loose" and sprawling growth and being semi deciduous during the winter.

This kind of reminds me of one I did several years ago. All the Hostas looked like I was just planting a pot of dirt and the grasses, Hibiscus and other perennials looked like a bunch of dead stuff I found laying around. It really kind of stinks on the "wow factor" when finished this time of year lol.
Yes, not much on the wow factor as soon as we are done. This homeowner was great to work with. She had some inspiration pictures that they built their house off of that had some landscaping in it and some other inspiration pictures that she wanted her landscape to look like. I will be anxious to see how it's going to look in the spring.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Things are picking up... Shaping up to be a busy one this year.

Here is one of the institutional properties we picked up the maintenance on. We have been busy on beds all day yesterday and mowing today. Still more bed work needed next week. Just have to keep telling myself Rome wasn't built in a day and we can't re build a landscape this size that quickly either. Hope to be making some changes to it while we have the maintenance. Places on it are not satisfactory to me or (most importantly) the customer. Thought I would mess with the panorama feature on the old iphone. Also, found a shop to rent.
Attached Images

Old 03-07-2013, 11:13 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice new account? How many acres total?
Exmark TTHP 36"
225 Gal MN Wanner Skid Sprayer
8' Boss RT3 Straight Blade

Licensed Applicator

Graduate - Anoka Technical College w/ Associate's in Hort/Landscape - May 2013
In business since Feb 2011
23 Years Old

When you have systems, you have control.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JContracting View Post
Nice new account? How many acres total?
Sort of a new account. I have maintained it before. New account to my company. 12 acres of finish mowing. 20 of bush-hogging. Another contractor has the bush-hogging.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hill Country Job

Here's some of the finished photos of the hill country job. Will take pictures in a few weeks when everything is in bloom. Blanket flower is budded and will be blooming soon. Coreopsis & Ice plant. Buds are swelling on desert willow and vitex. Rock around the willows was not in plans. Started job and wanted to elevate them a bit. Stone was leftover from the construction of the house.
Attached Images

Old 03-15-2013, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Looking good. I like the perennials & black mulch, now their lawn needs some water & fert and itll be looking perfect. We're on our 3rd snow event of 4 this week/late weekend and I'd MUCH rather be doing installs & maintenance!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-15-2013, 09:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hill Country Water Feature

Hill country water feature
Attached Images

Old 03-15-2013, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JContracting View Post
Looking good. I like the perennials & black mulch. We're on our 3rd snow event of 4 this week/late weekend and I'd MUCH rather be doing installs & maintenance!
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks. It's good to see things greening up and buds starting to swell. Hope the same follows soon for you. Mulch is un-colored hardwood mulch. I like it, cause of how dark it is. Think it makes the plants really pop. Really can't wait to see this landscape in a month or so when the perennials are blooming.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Take pictures when it does bloom! We may still have snow on the ground then. Lol.
I can't say I've ever seen that dark of mulch that's not dyed.
Posted via Mobile Device