Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-04-2013, 05:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Real Green Mobile Live

Just got the email about the Mobile Live application from Real Green....super excited about this because I have been begging them to create an app for tablets for about 2 years now....anyone plan on purchasing and using? Fees are $35/month per tablet for the mobile application....sounds a little high but would really save time on production input and invoice printing and routing...
Old 03-04-2013, 08:57 PM
LawnSite Member

mobile live

already did i think i was #4 to get set up, working out a few bugs this week but other than that this thing is awesome!!
Walk Spreaders
Spray Tanks
Ride on Spreaders/Sprayers
Blowers
Aerators
Old 03-05-2013, 08:30 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

can you enter in new estimates/customers or pull up customers screen on the app?
Old 03-05-2013, 01:59 PM
LawnSite Member

no not yet, but i would think later this year and into next year as the keep building to the app it will start to have more of the features of the mobile assistant, (the mobile assistant will do what your asking.) as of right now mobile live is more for production, when you pull your invoices for the day you can assign them to a employee who has a tablet and it will pull up in route order on their tablet. then they add specific notes from what they saw on the lawn (condition codes) they are already typed up. then they print right from the truck, and the job gets posted immediately with all the wind speed, temps, products, everything, then when you get back to office its all in the production screen and all you do is hit post, cant wait to start using it in a few weeks!!
Walk Spreaders
Spray Tanks
Blowers
Aerators
Old 03-09-2013, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Not sure if this is the same exact program that I'm using, but I have been using Mobile Assistant through Real Green for two and a half years. It's a pretty good program that allows the notes you give to your customer to look extremely professional. It doesn't actually speed up the process of filling out an invoice, but it looks far better on paper. Obviously not having to type the work into Real Green is nice. I was just given what seems to be version 2.0 and it has made the software even more user friendly.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:23 PM
LawnSite Member

"mobile live" (tablet or phone) is an android app version of "mobile assistant" (laptop) and its just that, "LIVE" because its always connected to a network. from your office you can upload a service call to a tech in 10 sec, with "mobile assistant" you will have to connect to a wifi at a starbucks or something to get access to the office, although "mobile assistant" has a few features that the "mobile live" dont have yet, but i'm sure that over the next few years or so the team are real green with be upgrading and adding to the app the same features that the mobile assistant has.
JMEllis.... what did you mean when you said it "dosent speed up filling out the invoice? dont you just touch the button on the screen for wind speed, direction...ect..?? If you have all your condition codes set up in SA they should sync to your laptop in your truck and all you have to do is pick one or two, and it will print out on the invoice, you shoulnt have to write any customer notes to a customer, i have about 30 condition codes set up that cover anything that could ever happen in a lawn. even down to a per-writen code to tell the customer to pick up their dog crap! haha
Walk Spreaders
Spray Tanks
Blowers
Aerators
Old 03-10-2013, 08:44 PM
LawnSite Member

I meant that Mobile Assistant doesn't speed up the process of filling out an invoice compared to filling out one by hand. For those of us who do a high number of stops a day, MA was supposed to speed up the process. It doesn't. But it looks far more professional that writing one out by hand.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Member

ahhh ok i gotcha! this is my first year with the Mobile live, so i hope it goes a little faster than hand writing, but like you said it looks alot more professional and customers can read my techs notes instead of trying to figure out their chicken scratch, yeah we do on average 35-45 stops a day so with the automatic production entry at end of day i didnt hire back an office girl that worked 30 hours a week entering production so that right there saves me $300 a week! i'm excited!
hey are you from Atlanta area? if so do you service macon area? (two hours south)
Walk Spreaders
Spray Tanks
Blowers
Aerators
Old 03-14-2013, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Member

My company does, but you want to stay farther away from it than you would bubonic plague
Old 04-09-2013, 07:00 AM
LawnSite Member

I've just started using the Mobile Live app myself. Are you guys using it on tablets or smart phones? And how's the cell service in your area? I'm using this app on a two year old EVO phone that is extremely slow. And as for cell providers, I have one or two months left on my contract with Sprint. I'm able to get signal when I'm on main roads but insides subdivisions its extremely spotty. I'm considering switching cell providers. I just get that spinning circle logo on this app or it will crash and completely shut down in between stops. Just looking for some feed back on this app and well there's only two reviews on the Google Play Store, not real helpful there either.