Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-09-2013, 11:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

well, i made one of the pages i was talking of. http://www.lawncareacworth.com any suggestions? (besides the spelling errors..) probably not worth the effort, but oh well.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i noticed the big companies adding a brief history of the city they are targeting for some reason. it seems stupid, but i assume this is for more love from the search engines??
Old 03-11-2013, 04:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just checked it on mobile- looks well done. A few little grammar issues is all.

I checked your G+. Do you post? Definitely post a description of your page and link. G+ is one of the only sure fire ways to tell Google what you want them to know.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-11-2013, 06:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i submitted a site map for the acworth page and the next day it was near the top on 2nd page for the keywords i was going for. What should i do to help push it up?? I have signed up for alot of listings for my main page with my biz address and phone number. But, unsure how to go about building backlinks for this new ones. I figured facebook posts, G+ posts (as you mentioned), craigslist, backpage.. etc.

I did the second page for another city today. VERY similar looking, except i re-worded everything (still have to go tighten up on grammar and spelling) I also took all the images in photoshop and re-sized, flipped some.. etc.. as well as re-name to ensure they wouldn't show up as duplicate.

http://www.lawncareacworth.com
http://www.lawncarekennesawga.com

I know i'm going against what you guys have suggested, and i'm gonna do sub pages off my regular pages soon. I just feel like since i spent the money on the domains, might as well go through with it, and get them up quick... lol. I didn't realise i can host mulitiple sites with the godaddy account... so that has been great and easy to deal with as well.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:00 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inzane View Post
i submitted a site map for the acworth page and the next day it was near the top on 2nd page for the keywords i was going for. What should i do to help push it up??
You'll want to continue throwing links at it, and beefing up the content, as you will probably see it start to gain a bit of equilibrium after the high debut.

Last night I put up a new, localized page for a competitive service area. The page never existed before, is 50 miles from the NAP, and the name was only previously mentioned on the site via a list of service area cities. One well-crafted page, two decent off-site links thrown at the page, and this morning it's Page 1, only 2 results below the 7 Pack of local results. There is a content strategy to support it's likely shakeout, so if it dips, I don't anticipate it to be a lengthy one.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

its crazy because that second page i did yesterday was uploaded around 5pm and submitted site map. it was on first page 2nd listing from bottom under the 7 pack within an hour or so of submitting the sitemap.. which i found strange? Went for a jog after that and by the time i got back home i had got one estimate request from that site already for 3 commercial properties, i guess this person just went through the lineup on the first page looking for bids. so, perhaps not such a bad idea afterall.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:46 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inzane View Post
so, perhaps not such a bad idea afterall.
Not a bad idea to specifically target a location, but people need to keep in mind that they don't need to launch a site for every city.

If you want to run a split test, build a similarly good, localized page on your original domain, targeting a different city, and submit it. See how your previously indexed domain's weight impacts the result.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

here is the sub page for the same city, i re-submitted site map and will see what happens. i didn't do much but change some images, and text. the rest is just like my main site, and if somebody lands on that page first and starts clicking around they will then be on the main site.. not sure if this will work out? I guess i'm getting lazy... lol.

http://www.sharplawnsturf.com/lawn-c...a-georgia.html
Old 03-21-2013, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
Last night I put up a new, localized page for a competitive service area. The page never existed before, is 50 miles from the NAP, and the name was only previously mentioned on the site via a list of service area cities. One well-crafted page, two decent off-site links thrown at the page, and this morning it's Page 1, only 2 results below the 7 Pack of local results. There is a content strategy to support it's likely shakeout, so if it dips, I don't anticipate it to be a lengthy one.
As an update, a week later and the page has continued to climb and is currently overall ranked #2 organic, above the 7 Pack. Of note is that it's one result above the national company's large city listing I used in the localized example.

The rinse 'n repeat for the other cities in the service area are the next step.
Old 03-14-2014, 02:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

What are the quidelines for adding this type of page? Can each page for each city be the same except the city name? Should they be unique to one another?
If we do installs, maintenance and repairs should there be a separate page for each under one city? 3 pages per city...
Posted via Mobile Device