Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-11-2013, 09:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Do not buy packem racks!

I ordered a set of Packem racks for my enclosed trailer last week.I use now what I thought was the identical rack on my open trailer.I spent a few hours this weekend getting the 3 trimmer rack installed along with the cooler/line rack.I finished up and was going to go ahead and put the weed eaters/edger on the rack.I put the top one on and the middle and then got to the bottom one and it would not go on without removing the middle weed eater from the rack.Long story short I am contacting the dealer on ebay that I ordered them from but decided to call Packem racks just to make sure I was not crazy.The guy from Packem told me oh yea you have to put your equipment in the order you will be using it in order to get them off the rack meaning if you you need say your edger off the bottom you have to remove whatever is above it to get it out which is CRAP.You basically have to start at the bottom rack and make you way up and vice verse when you need to use one
Old 03-11-2013, 10:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

sorry to hear that. i ordered my green touch extreme racks last week should be here today ill let you know how they work once i get them mounted in the next few days
Old 03-11-2013, 10:12 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones68 View Post
sorry to hear that. i ordered my green touch extreme racks last week should be here today ill let you know how they work once i get them mounted in the next few days
I should have spent the extra $$ and bought what you bought.

I talked to the dealer and he said I am the 1st person to ever complain about having to take the top 2 weed eaters off to get to the bottom lol

I paid for the racks and shipping when I bought them and he said if I want to return them then he was not paying the almost $40 shipping to return them cause I was not happy.This guy sells all Packem racks for Packem.When I talked to Packem he said well sir I did not sale them to you and make any $$ so there is not much I can do but talk to the dealer. I told him that was like me subcontracting a mulch job out and the customer was not happy and the subcontractor says oh well.What am I suppose to do say oh well also NO it is my job to make it right with the customer and then worry about dealing with the subcontractor
Old 03-11-2013, 10:20 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

here is a couple pictures of my old rack and the new packem.You see how far my old one opens up.That is all the new one needs to make work but as you see the opening where the handle goes is barely wide enough to get the handle in.There is not much of a option to make it work either
Attached Images

Old 03-11-2013, 10:55 AM
LawnSite Member

I bought a 60 homemade rack off ebay and it is flawless lol, I looked into all the expensive racks and I'm glad I didn't buy one. Seems everyone has issuses with them.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:58 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

yea i see what your saying there. i think i would try to call and talk to someone else if no luck with that i would eat the 40 and get a refund and buy something else
Old 03-11-2013, 11:08 AM
LawnSite Member

Hey J&A, you can always repost on ebay or on here and try to recoup your mony. Im sure someone will buy them
Old 03-11-2013, 11:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I talked to everybody possible with the same outcome so I proceeded to tell the dealer he was fixing to receive his 1st negative feedback and I told packem I was on a large site called lawnsite and would be posting about what is going on.Well about 10min after I posted the phone stared ringing which was packem and the dealer calling to resolve the problem. Lawnsite is a powerful place lol
Old 03-11-2013, 11:13 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandalawncaremgr View Post
Hey J&A, you can always repost on ebay or on here and try to recoup your mony. Im sure someone will buy them
I could not do that.I am a honest guy and would have to tell everyone these are garbage and that is why I am selling them lol
Old 03-11-2013, 11:20 AM
LawnSite Member

Be honest wasn't telling you to lie lol. I have a local guy that swears by packem racks. I have buyers for all my other accessories.