Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-05-2013, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Alan, Ill be needing about 20 bags of fert as of right now and I'm still growing accounts weekly so it could end up being more. I plan on getting my stuff from Allens this year. I'm heading to Utah tomorrow but we can talk about it when I get back next week.
48" Great Dane Surfer
48" Walker GHS
Stihl Handhelds
Old 03-06-2013, 06:10 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atb1137 View Post
What's up guys? I'd be interrsted in a get together also. I was lookin for a course to take all winter long guess I missed it. Has anyone takin the courses they hold at uri?
Posted via Mobile Device
RI law is one of the reasons I took the organic cost. Basically, it is a license to kill. The reason you need to take the course is so you can legal kill pests and weeds with chemicals for money. In my mind the down side you have to do much of the same thing year after year.
Going organic takes the opposite approach it is the knowledge to produce life. The basic knowledge and a lite certification cost you $80 to get full certified is $400. You don't need to spend the $400 unless you really want to go down the municipality large commercial route.
Organics works to make a healthy soil coupled with good cutting technics for a great lawn, if done right there are just as many ways to garner extra money out of a customer for services provided, rather than dumping and breathing in chemicals all over the place.
36" Ferris
21" Ferris
22" Toro
Redmax 8050
Echo ES 230
Remax 2301 Trimmer
Remax Hedger
Shindaiwa 25 trimmer
Echo 16/18 Chainsaw
Echo 24" Hedge Trimmer
Husaqvana 70 lp spreader
Troy Bush Whacker
Excel 2600 Power Washer
Mighty Mac Shredder
Powermate tillers
Felco hand tools
Old 03-06-2013, 12:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info. Do you have a website or link for the course?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-06-2013, 01:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atb1137 View Post
Thanks for the info. Do you have a website or link for the course?
Posted via Mobile Device
NOFACT.org
36" Ferris
21" Ferris
22" Toro
Redmax 8050
Echo ES 230
Remax 2301 Trimmer
Remax Hedger
Shindaiwa 25 trimmer
Echo 16/18 Chainsaw
Echo 24" Hedge Trimmer
Husaqvana 70 lp spreader
Troy Bush Whacker
Excel 2600 Power Washer
Mighty Mac Shredder
Powermate tillers
Felco hand tools
Old 03-11-2013, 05:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey guys hope everyone is getting ready for the start of the season. I actually did my first clean up of the season today, felt great getting back out their. Should be back in full swing in the next couple weeks.
Just wanted to bring up something that's been getting under my skin & want to see how you guys feel about it. Advertising on Craigs List, dont do it all the time but usually at the beginning of the year or if things get slow. Now its just becoming funny to see how these guys that offer the "CHEAPEST" price & just spam all day long.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmlandscape View Post
Alan, Ill be needing about 20 bags of fert as of right now and I'm still growing accounts weekly so it could end up being more. I plan on getting my stuff from Allens this year. I'm heading to Utah tomorrow but we can talk about it when I get back next week.
Sounds good, I might need about 10 bags for each round. I think Allens Seed was cheaper than JD Landscapes when I bought stuff last year.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/AWeave...12666792139719

http://www.aweaverlawncare.com

Rhode Island Lawncare/Landscapers Networking Thread
http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=367380
Old 03-11-2013, 06:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty B's Lawn Svc View Post
Hey guys hope everyone is getting ready for the start of the season. I actually did my first clean up of the season today, felt great getting back out their. Should be back in full swing in the next couple weeks.
Just wanted to bring up something that's been getting under my skin & want to see how you guys feel about it. Advertising on Craigs List, dont do it all the time but usually at the beginning of the year or if things get slow. Now its just becoming funny to see how these guys that offer the "CHEAPEST" price & just spam all day long.
I do pretty much the same thing....in the spring and fall and that's it. I get calls to come and look at lawns and then people try and waste my time by haggling with me. I absolutely hate the guy on CL that offers the "LOWEST PRICES"....clean-ups starting at $39.00....lawns cut for as low as $19.99......come on man! It may just be a marketing ploy to get people to call him but honestly I wouldn't think about hiring this guy. Not to mention he spells half of his CL adds incorrectly, I mean seriously.....spell check dude!!......ok, I'm done ranting lol

http://www.facebook.com/pages/AWeave...12666792139719

http://www.aweaverlawncare.com

Rhode Island Lawncare/Landscapers Networking Thread
http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=367380
Old 03-11-2013, 06:28 PM
LawnSite Member

yeh the poeple on cl kill me sometimes. i do like to post on there in spring and fall for one time clean up customers though.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:02 PM
LawnSite Member

HAHA yeah thats the guy im talking about lawns cut for $10 its just hilarious, i wouldnt start my mower for that never mind my truck to get there. Who would want to sell themselves as the cheapest guy around anyways lol. I found its all about the wording in CL adds as soon as u mention discount, specials, cheap price u get all the crazies calling wanting u to work for nothing & be happy about it. I just try to sell myself as a professional that is a legitimate small business with all the proper insurance & reg contractor. Has anybody body had luck with any other internet advertising (google business), or specialty advertiving? I used yellow book last year but wasnt impressed & did not renew for this year
Old 03-11-2013, 07:30 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty B's Lawn Svc View Post
HAHA yeah thats the guy im talking about lawns cut for $10 its just hilarious, i wouldnt start my mower for that never mind my truck to get there. Who would want to sell themselves as the cheapest guy around anyways lol. I found its all about the wording in CL adds as soon as u mention discount, specials, cheap price u get all the crazies calling wanting u to work for nothing & be happy about it. I just try to sell myself as a professional that is a legitimate small business with all the proper insurance & reg contractor. Has anybody body had luck with any other internet advertising (google business), or specialty advertiving? I used yellow book last year but wasnt impressed & did not renew for this yearr
i am not impressed with yellow book. In fact I won't use them ever again.
Posted via Mobile Device