Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-13-2013, 02:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimsleysLawnCare View Post
Who post daily on craigslist? Or Even attempts to if you have down time.... I have picked up some of my best costomers this way and it is free. After you get it goin you just have to renew post so it doesnt take that much time
For someone like myself who has never done it I think its worth a shot. With any advertising its all in how you present yourself.

As far as no high end clients looking on here I can't honestly say that's true because I don't know. I'll take the next step down client if they have work that needs to be done and are willing to pay for it.

I think I'm going to give it a try this Spring.

Thanks for bringing it up.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inzane View Post
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/grd/3631243872.html <---- here is an ad i saw the other day that had me shaking my head a bit, i mean.. I am pretty sure i've seen these guys around my area for the past few years. I do not understand how it is possible to stay in business with these prices. I wonder what any lawn, any size, no estimate necessary really means.
They must only have fuel expenses and oil... I didnít see anything about being licensed or insured. What does there work look like I bet it looks crappy when they leave
the site.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHS Lawns View Post
For someone like myself who has never done it I think its worth a shot. With any advertising its all in how you present yourself.

As far as no high end clients looking on here I can't honestly say that's true because I don't know. I'll take the next step down client if they have work that needs to be done and are willing to pay for it.

I think I'm going to give it a try this Spring.

Thanks for bringing it up.
I am 22 and hard headed my Dad is the one who got me to doing this. I started listening and I have had calls from people that live in 250k homes to 500k but I have also had calls where I drive by the house and never stop and if I do I give them tripple the price cause it looks like to much of a hastle. I have gotten calls from areas that I dont service either. I try to keep my work as close to my house as possible.

This is my newest add in skilled and trade services

https://post.craigslist.org/manage/3677450467

I post in farm and grarden, labor and moving, and skilled and trade now as well.

I post everyday at least twice or more trying to keep myself at the top of the list. Some people are lazy and will only call the first person they click on.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Member

I use Craigslist, started getting phone calls this week. Seems to be a good tool in my area.

Greenspan Lawn Care LLC
Old 03-15-2013, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

This is my current CL posting... What do you think???

http://columbusga.craigslist.org/sks/3684113337.html
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-16-2013, 04:23 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfjoe View Post
This is my current CL posting... What do you think???

http://columbusga.craigslist.org/sks/3684113337.html
Posted via Mobile Device
You cover all the bases and show pictures of your work. Its a great add!! One thing you might would like to do which I just started doing is provide the link to your facebook on there. You mention your on facebook so make it easy for them to just click and go to it from craigslist. Most people are to lazy to go look you up.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Gri...85244988200851
like my page and ill return the favor as well
Old 03-16-2013, 06:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Good idea thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-16-2013, 03:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Craigslist is awesome, I'm on there all the time. I probably get 4 or 5 calls a week from it. I try and weed out the pita customers as I have gotten a few from craigslist. I laughed when I read that craigslist doesn't bring in any high end properties. Last year I got a call from craigslist to mow for some guy. When I first pulled into his drive way the home owner was taking off in his helicopter from the front lawn of his million dollar house.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Member

I post on CL a few times a week and get decent responses from it. Doing a retaining wall next Sat from a CL customer. Also from 500k+ home.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:49 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimsleysLawnCare View Post
I am 22 and hard headed my Dad is the one who got me to doing this. I started listening and I have had calls from people that live in 250k homes to 500k but I have also had calls where I drive by the house and never stop and if I do I give them tripple the price cause it looks like to much of a hastle. I have gotten calls from areas that I dont service either. I try to keep my work as close to my house as possible.

This is my newest add in skilled and trade services

https://post.craigslist.org/manage/3677450467

I post in farm and grarden, labor and moving, and skilled and trade now as well.

I post everyday at least twice or more trying to keep myself at the top of the list. Some people are lazy and will only call the first person they click on.
I'm having trouble getting my ad to repost everyday. I have tried the edit feature and then I saw a renew button and I clicked that but its only worked once.

What am I doing wrong?