Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-16-2013, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Truck Lettering?

Im wondering just how much business you get from truck signs? I currently don't have any and wanted to know if it is actually worth doing.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Why would you not want a rolling billboard. Get some signage and you will see the difference. That's the first thing I bought before my equipment. Get your name out there.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

its not about generating business from trucks. Its called BRANDING. people hear the name of your company, see your flyer, see your truck drive by. they all help each other to have people remember your company name.

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 03-16-2013, 10:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks kajun, I wanted to mention branding but driving and texting is no good combo, lol
Old 03-16-2013, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandalawncaremgr View Post
Why would you not want a rolling billboard. Get some signage and you will see the difference. That's the first thing I bought before my equipment. Get your name out there.
I did the same thing...
Old 03-17-2013, 11:55 AM
LawnSite Member

For a customer to recognize your name it takes a few times seeing it, so the more often they see it the better. I live in a town of 20,000 people with bigger towns around me, Every company has their trucks lettered. Its high competition and you want them to remember your name when they need something done, and as a company just starting I want you to see it a lot!
Old 03-17-2013, 02:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

i try not to put and $ figures on here, but I will say my trucks bring in alot more in sales than they cost to have lettered or wrapped. Were working on a install proposal right now with a budget higher than 75% of the guys on here have in yearly sales. Where did the customer get my name and number? They wrote down website while stuck in traffic. They saw the truck and recognized it from a job site we were working at that they drove by one day.

The thing that has worked best for us with lettering is our websites. They are on the trucks as large as our name or phone number. We also have a series of quirky easy to remember urls that link directly to our site. So their is a short and simple to remember address for the irrigation trucks, one for fert, holiday lighting, etc on the appropriate truck that links to that section of the site. A short simple web address is much easier to remember than a phone number or your company name as the web url
Old 03-17-2013, 06:44 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

My trucks are rolling billboards and bring in lots of new business. My trucks are all the same make, color, look the same and all the lettering is identical the signs on my trailer match my trucks and all my company signs match my trucks and trailers. My employee's uniforms are color matched to everything else. Does this type of branding work? YES!

BE CREATIVE !
16' Landscape trailer
2008 Toro Z500
2007 Toro 21" commercial
2007 Toro 40" commercial
2008 Craftsman 33"
2008 Bluebird S22
2009 Pluger 400
And a whole lotta other stuff

Last edited by lawnpro724; 03-17-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:18 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
its not about generating business from trucks. Its called BRANDING. people hear the name of your company, see your flyer, see your truck drive by. they all help each other to have people remember your company name.
Exactly! If for no other reason than a professional image, all my trucks and trailers have my logo on them- all the same color (red), all professionally lettered- people recognize my logo, trucks and see the work we do. Helps set me apart from "Joe's Landscaping" with a 20 year old rusted out mason dump, beat up trailer, with the stick-on letters you can buy at the hardware store.... the kind of clients someone like that services are not my target clientele....

It will also bring you more business- my enclosed trailer is literally a rolling billboard for me- people see it in front of the house we're working on- they want their property to look the same way.... phone rings
2012 GMC 3500HD 4x4, DMAX/Allison- 9' Mason Dump

Bobcat MT-52 mini skidsteer
Scag V-Ride 52"/26
Scag 36"/15
Bob-Cat 48"/15
Toro 36"/13
Toro 21"
LW 27HP Truck Loader
Fradan 18HP S/P Blower
Red Max Trimmers & Blowers
Stihl chainsaws

American Hauler 8 x18 Enclosed
Carry-on 6 x12 Enclosed
Starlite 6.5 x 16 Open
Bri-Mar 6 x 10 Dump
Old 03-25-2013, 01:53 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm starting out w/magnetic signs, but my next big purchase is going to be logo design, and then applying it to everything- truck, trailer... heck, I may even get bumper stickers for the mowers, lol.