Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-14-2013, 01:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

There's the wider cut for sure saving time. But turning your mower around LESS TIMES at the end of each swath/row/line/etc is where time is saved as well.
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings
Old 03-14-2013, 02:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by locallawncare.ca View Post
I'm sure it depends on the openness of the property, the more obstacles and tight places probably take away from the gains, but I would say at minimum you can cut your time by 1/4 to 1/3. Doesn't look like it stripes very well, but I'm sure roller on the back would take care of that.
Yep. Narrow gated yards where nothing else will fit but a 21" would be a plus for owning this mower. Also it would come in handy for smaller yards where the owner does not want larger mowers. There might be a use on hills where bigger equipment cannot get to.

As far as a trim mower I dont see it being more efficient than a quick and lightweight 21". I have many properties where I use the 21" just for a couple spots. Do I really want to wrestle around with this monstrosity of a pushmower for a couple passes. Once I see how this mower does on hills and as a trim mower then I will decide at that point.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-14-2013, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnkingforever View Post
Yep. Narrow gated yards where nothing else will fit but a 21" would be a plus for owning this mower. Also it would come in handy for smaller yards where the owner does not want larger mowers. There might be a use on hills where bigger equipment cannot get to.

As far as a trim mower I dont see it being more efficient than a quick and lightweight 21". I have many properties where I use the 21" just for a couple spots. Do I really want to wrestle around with this monstrosity of a pushmower for a couple passes. Once I see how this mower does on hills and as a trim mower then I will decide at that point.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm still under the impression that the 35# lighter TimeMaster is a better option for trim and limited use as long as there not as much steep up and down hills drills where the personal pace is challenged.

For some reason many are missing the point on this class of mower compared to a bigger heavier WB that has side discharge and a side catcher. It's called a rear bagger for those of use who are stuck bagging some of the time.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-14-2013, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Just got back from the dealer with another Exmark 30. The more we use them, the more I see the benefits. It is stopping my guys from using the Navigator or Walker on lawns that are to small for it and to big for the 21's. I can't stand when I have to go repair a bunch of stuff from them using the Nav. on lawns where it should not have been used. It's also stopping the complaints of some customer's who feel a large mower on a smaller lawn is no bueno. Also lawn's that have had constant mowings from a 21 will develop rut's. Even if pattern is rotated weekly it can still happen. The 30's larger rear wheels plus the wider width help not rut. And of course the 1/3 reduction in mowing time. Have been on some thick lawns and it bog's no worse than my Toro Commercial 21's.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:43 PM
LawnSite Member

I picked up 2 of the exmark 30s a few days ago, and my guys have been using them. So far I am really impressed with these mowers. The QOC is very good and they bag very well. They are also pretty user friendly. I think we will get a lot of good use out of these mowers.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:39 AM
LawnSite Member

Subscribe for Updates
Old 03-15-2013, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Been using my exmark 30 for a few days now, cutting at 2 to 2.5 inches and so far i love it. Only issue i had with power was cutting a lawn that had been sodded late last fall and was fertilized 3 times over the winter... It was pretty shaggy by the time it went dormant and was already growing some. 2.5" height and taking off 4 to 5 inches it really bogged down, engine slowed to maybe half rpms and i was crawling in spots but.... The cut was perfect, i mean perfect, and it filled the bag FULL every time and never clogged. Aside from needing 10 horsepower to get thru that I'd say it did very well! Everything else I've cut has just been mowing off the tops, cuyting 1 to 3 inches off and kt has done great. Faster than a 21" by far and a shade faster than my 36" walker due to being able to go faster. The walker 36 has to be ran at snail speed most of the time to get it to suck up embeded leaves, which it still does poorly, and to just get it to cut.

Now i just need to turn my help loose with it, lol. I haven't let him use my new toy yet. Haha
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-17-2013, 12:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact Rototilling View Post
Thanks for clarify this. I bet anything the low lifts will be last years Toro TimeMaster blades.

I bought the higher lift Exmark blades and ran them on my own lawn for a scalp low mow drill. Wish I had these blades last year. Many of us with TimeMaster were wanting more lift.

I'm wondering if the Toro front wheel assembly can be put on the Exmark...?

Posted via Mobile Device
I have the Exmark version, what blades are available and where?
Old 03-17-2013, 01:15 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC View Post
I have the Exmark version, what blades are available and where?
Blades that shipped on that mower are the higher lift ones.

Last years Toro TimeMaster 30 blades are the same shape and profile but have less bend and lift.

The Exmark Mulch baffle kit and blades...? Don't Know yet....might be just the lower lift ones.

Once I find out I'll post.

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-17-2013, 01:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea mine came standard with mulch kit and the gator looking blades, ok cool just would like spare blades, etc
Posted via Mobile Device