Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-18-2013, 11:05 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPS## View Post
You have bank work figured out!

This is why I got out of it all together starting 1/1/13.
I just don't need the hassle of unreliable work, cheap work, and the high possibility of working for free.

I've heard of prices being offered as low as $10 to $12 per lawn.
Yup!!! They are doing all the SG & BOA reo recuts around here. Gal has a 32" Honda rear engine rider and a 21" pushmower pulled on a harbor freight trailer behind a durango. She is notorious for tossing piles of clippings in back corners of properties.....
2009 Encore FZ48 Front Mount Side Discharge & bagger.
3 Ariens LM21 Commercial walk behinds.
Echo SRM28 trimmers.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by die4irish View Post
welcome to the world of P&P

LOL! You don't have to tell him. He's a 15 yr veteran of P&P......
Echo SRM28 trimmers.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Get it in writing. Never accept an unsigned agreement. Use a parole evidence clause and an entire agreement clause as follows:

Quote:
ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This agreement is the complete agreement between the parties with no other agreements being contemplated. It supersedes any prior agreements or understandings between the parties. No other agreements, promises, representations, warrantees, or understandings have been made and none shall have any force.

PAROLE EXCLUSION: This Agreement may only be explained or supplemented by a written document signed by the parties and may not be contradicted by evidence of any prior agreement, representation, conduct of parties, or oral statements or agreements.
Those two clauses are so terribly important. They make it so no one can argue that they had a different oral agreement and they make it so the only thing that matters is the document you and the other party signed. They make it so the other guy can't come along later and argue that your conduct that was different from the written agreement created new terms (a very common problem and the courts love that argument).

The language is fairly universal and works in all fifty states.

Then never - ever - be shy about hauling those guys into small claims or whatever branch of court in your state handles the amounts in question. Odds are they'll pay up and demand that you dismiss, and when the check clears, you will. Judgments against companies wreck havoc on their reputation and credit.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:08 AM
LawnSite Member

This happened to me today! North Florida called me and said they would like for me to work for them maintaining foreclosed homes. I said i was too busy to talk about it right then and he said just give him my email and he will send all the forms and documents over. I got the email and looked through them later on and realized they are paying you $15 for a cut as long as the grass is under 1' tall. they also want you to trim, blow, hedge trim and you have to bag the grass clippings and take about 15 pics each before and after. if the grass is 1-2', they pay 25. 2-3' - $35 and so on all the way to 4'. it doesn't matter how big the property is or how many obstacles they have. i sent them a nice email informing them that gas has not been $0.25 a gallon in 75 years and they can scam someone else. my wife was excited that i was given an opportunity but i quickly told her not to hold her breath. anyone having to search out a person to do that kind of work is more than likely taking advantage of the laborer. sending her the documents to review for her self confirmed it for her.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:34 AM
LawnSite Member

They don't find PROFESSIONAL companies to work for them. They get uninsured hacks with home cheepo crap equipment............
Echo SRM28 trimmers.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

same with me,called me and said have property 40 miles away and the pay is 20.00! i said wtf gas is 3.50 a gallon! i said would u drive that far for 20.00 and he didnt answer? i had at least 20 calls for those property preservation companiesand its all the same peanuts and the want before, during, and after pics? i said i work alone how do i take during photos? stil lno answer! a friend of mine does the complete property maintance from cleanouts to maid service to lawncutting. he said u have to bid on the jobs and they get 100 for the first cut if its a foot high!
2003 scag turf tiger liquid cooled 61
2005 scag tiger cub 48
2007 exmark turf tracer 60 hydro
2006 exmark viking 36 hydro
3 echo trimmers
2 echo backpack blowers
1 redmax extended hedge trimmer
1 stihl hedge trimmer
Old 05-25-2013, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I listened to their pitch last year and I said "so your looking for a photographer who mows grass for free ?"
Old 05-27-2013, 07:59 AM
LawnSite Member

UPDATE: MH Landscapes has been fired by Safeguard properties and are now calling direct. We still will not do the work as we will continue to build our spray spray work.

Tags
mowing grass , mowing new lawn